Where do I start.....the good stuff, great location only a short walk to China Town and across the road from Clarke Quay, gets a very big tick. The bed, for some reason the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept on In 6 countries in Asia.
The not so good.......first room had an overwhelming feeling of claustrophobia, room is definately smaller than anything I have encountered anywhere, ever and there was no way I was staying here. To the Hotels credit when I told the Duty Manager (at 11pm at night) that we couldnt honour the booking and stay in the room, he bent over backwards to understand our concerns and assist with another room. We received a higher grade room that was slightly larger and had less of a feeling of being locked in a shoebox as it was ona building corner with lots of windows to the outside. It was still very small by average hotel standards and even though it was an upgrade I doubt it would even make 30 m2. The design is just plain strange, there is nothing chic or trendy about a toilet and shower in the middle of the room constructed out of frosted glass.
Whilst our confirmation of booking showed free internet access in room, the Hotel literature said it was a purchased package. We never connected to it because of this and no staff member told us any different when asked.
The awful.........it was dirty, unkempt and things didnt work. This combined with constantly having to push past a cleaners trolley in the hall, poor breakfasts and disinterested staff became the real reasons for a poor review
To justify my comments
1) The hallways and surrounds of doors constantly were dusty on the timber area's, clearly no one was cleaning these area's
2) The "bathroom" had dirt and marks left from construction, it was plainly obvious the glass had never been cleaned and tiles polished of excess grout since occupation
3) The toilet pan and cistern were not secured to the wall or floor and rocked from side to side when you sat on it. If felt this was unsafe and used a public toilet up the road.
4) The fit and finish of walls showed excess fillers and area's of sanding/repair that had never been finished, the wardrobe door rubbed against the ceiling impeding its operation.
5) Light switches were positioned in strange places, for example, to turn the reading lamp off on the right of the bed, you used the switch on the right hand side. To turn on the toilet or shower lights you turned on the switch next to the front door
All this was reported to Hotel staff during occupation with no response, on our final day I refused to pay the bill and ended speaking to a Senior Manager who I think genuinely accepted my comment and criticism, provided me with a discount and complimentary transfer to the Airport.
The end result of the Managers efforts were positive, but even if everything else worked or was of an acceptable standard, its room size and weird design would preclude me from visiting again. In a city with so much choice, if you want to be different, you had better be good, this Hotel failed on both counts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located next to Singapore’s most vibrant entertainment hub, Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and Chinatown, Park Regis Singapore is within easy access to major tourist attractions as well as the Central Business District. A fully Wi-Fi enabled hotel, featuring 202 modernly designed open-concept guestrooms enhanced with upgraded bedding amenities, an all-day dining restaurant, a Chinese restaurant, pillarless meeting room, well-equipped gym and an impressive 25-metre swimming pool with cascading waterfall. Catering to savvy travellers, handy phone with free mobile internet and IDD calls are available to all guests. The hotel provides all the facilities that you need to complete your stay experience such as e-scooter and bicycle rental service for guests to explore the surroundings, self-service laundromat, and a Bondi book corner for guests reading pleasure. Park Regis Singapore is an ideal destination to meet, stay and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Regis Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Regis Singapore Hotel Singapore