4,290 results
All reviewsclarke quaygreat locationfrosted glasstoilet and showernice poolmrt stationnice hotelpool and gymwalking distancebusiness triprooms are smallmobile phonecentral locationnice stayshort staymarina baychinatown
Reviewed December 22, 2010

Stayed at the Park Regis Singapore 3 times within the last one month. We found this hotel chic, cozy and comfortable.

The rooms are compact with the bathroom and toilet hidden behind a cleverly layout mirror. A good selection of toiletories amenities are provided. Even though the hotel is very new, but the shower and toilet would need a bit of maintenance already. The view from the rooms we'd had was beautiful, and we loved the pool with the lovely water feature. We never had breakfast in the hotel, but the spread we'd seen wasn't great enough to keep us, as It is just mins away from China Town so we were never far from food.

Service is friendly and efficient, but we would expect some recognition after 3 stays in the hotel.

We loved the blinking light effects the hotel does with its outside lights at night.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
ParkRegisPR, General Manager at Park Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Dear CSom

Thank you very much for taking the time to complement our services during your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to know our efforts to provide quality service is being appreciated by you! Your comments have been passed on to the respective department heads to share with their staff – which I have no doubt will only motivate all of us to perform better.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us. Once again, thank you and wishing you and your family a good week ahead.

Reviewed December 20, 2010

Stayed at the park regis for 2 nights and had a great time. The taxi driver wasn't sure where it was so take the address with you as it is so new. The rooms are small but fine for a solo traveller or cosy couple. Wireless Internet is available, but they didn't tell me this until the day I left....but I didn't ask till then either. There isn't any hotel information booklet, and the information on the TV is limited although up to date with flight arrivals and incidental costs. I got a good deal as an opening special so I felt the hotel was very good value for money, not sure how much it would be at rack rate. Swimming pool is great and nice for a lazy afternoon. Location is good, but can be a bit of walk if you don't want to the use the train. But the MRT is right outside. It is very modern and new and the staff are genuine and helpful. Breakfast was varied and had a good selection of western and asian food. But the cooked food was all cold on my second day, the food isn't turned in the urns or the heaters are not powerful enough.....generally though it was great and I would recommend especially for solo travellers.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo

Dear Rellik666

Thank you for having taken the time to review and complement us.

It is truly heartwarming to know our efforts to provide quality service is being appreciated by you! Your comments have been passed on to the respective department heads to share with our respective staff - which I have no doubt will only motivate all of us to perform better.

With regard to your comment on the food served on your 2nd day, please be assured that this matter has been brought to the attention of our Executive Chef. You have my assurance that we will be taking the necessary steps to improve the services.

In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the care and time to review us. We are grateful for your feedback as it enables us to continually monitor our guest’s requirements and we do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Regis Singapore again.

Wishing you and all your family a good week ahead!

Reviewed December 8, 2010

I was struggling to find a decent hotel in Singapore in December as I had an urgent business trip to make and ran into a good rate (SGD$200 per night) at this hotel that only had 1 review (the first review of this page) in a excellent part of the city, right opposite an MRT station which makes life so convenient.

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. This is a 5 star hotel that is brand, spanking new (opened 5 days prior to my arrival) that is in a quiet but convenient location right by the Singapore river, tons and tons of food outlets, restaurants, bars and the Clark Quay MRT (underground train) station.

Breakfast: wasn't told if I had buffet breakfast upon check in so assumed I didn't have any as part of the room

Service: Very pleasant. Staff went out of their way and were warm and friendly as you would expect. This is sadly lacking in many hotels today in Singapore where its too business like and cold.

Cleanliness: Brand new hotel, brand new rooms and very nice and comfy rooms. No dust, airconditioning was cold (which is excellent) and the hotel was quiet which made for excellent sleep as I was down with a bout of flu.

Rooms: A little small for the average european traveller but perfect if you are flying solo or down for short trips into Singapore. It isn't catered I think for family's so much but more so for business circles. Shower and toilet are a modern concept and both open up and face the bed. Some people may need a little bit of adjusting to this but I was fine with it.. Small for the average traveller but I was prepared to put aside that for the comforts of the room because it's one of those hotel rooms you look forward to going back to after a long day of meetings.

If you are looking for a quality hotel at a reasonable price and are prepared to pay a little extra for location, convenience and comfort, I would highly recommend this hotel.

It has a good future. And I would, if the room rates were about the same in the future, make this a regular hotel.

One downside is the internet rates; very steep and catered for the businessman or corporate traveller who is going to put the bill on company expense. SGD$150 for 5 or 7 days. SDG$6 for 10 minutes. SGD$60 for 24 hours. That is, in my opinion, absurd rates to be charging in this day and age when WIFI/FREE INTERNET should be made available to guests.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Dear Rottweiler

Thank you very much for taking the time to review and complement us.

It is truly very heartwarming to know our efforts to provide quality service is being appreciated by you! Your comments have been passed on to the respective department heads to share with our respective staff – which I have no doubt will only motivate all of us to perform better.

We are also delighted in knowing you appreciate our prime location. We take pride in our prime location being situated in the Central Business District and in close proximity to Singapore’s best dining and entertaining hubs, Clarke Quay and Boat Quay.

As you are also well aware, we are just next to Clarke Quay MRT Station and also a stone’s throw away to one of Singapore’s must-go-attractions, Chinatown.

In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the care and time to review and complement us. We are grateful for your feedback as it enables us to continually monitor our guest’s requirements and we do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Regis Singapore again.

Reviewed December 1, 2010

26/11/2010
I stayed in this hotel for quick business trip.
I booked online using their own website.
This got Small but Nice Rooms. Internet is not free however speed is good.
Swimming Pool & Health Club is very good
Opposite SMRT & Convinient Location
Breakfast Buffet is value for money

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Dear bmjain

Thank you very much for taking the time to review and complement us.

We are delighted in knowing you appreciate our prime location. We take pride in our prime location being situated in the Central Business District and in close proximity to Singapore’s best dining and entertaining hubs, Clarke Quay and Boat Quay.

Reviewed November 26, 2010

We stayed at the Park Regis a few days after opening. OK, so it takes a while for new hotels to iron out the kinks but there are certainly a lot of kinks.

Rates are currently low no doubt to build up clientelle and we paid much less than other hotels within such close proximity to Clarke Quay. The location for this is superb, less than 3 minutes walk from Clarke Quay MRT and right behind fabulous Brewerks. That's the end of the good news.

Check in was fine until the receptionist swiped my credit card fro $100 without permission. We paid extra for a room with a view, the view was of the rear of Brewerks with a glimpse of the river between buildings. The rooms are minute - we saw several. They only have a double bed and no walking space around it. There is a nice window seat, but if you sit there the person in the next room can see you.

The bathrooms are of the uber-trendy style - meaning in the room, with no walls or doors between. Just frosted glass panels. We've been married 20 years but find the lack of toilet privacy a little unpleasant. One person can't use the loo in the middle of the night without disturbing the other. The room wasn't clean either, we had to call housekeeping to empty bins. The cleaning staff were still vacuuming the halls at 9pm at night so it really should have been sparkling but wasn't.

Finally, on check out, we had to argue to get the $100 back.

This hotel might get better, but unless you get a great deal, there are far better run places with bigger rooms nearby.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roam802766

Dear MarieK2

Thank you for having taken the time to review us.

I was sorry to learn of your concerns and at the outset would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed.

We take good note on the various points raised, especially on the housekeeping service issues and acknowledge that the design and style of each hotel as well as the dimension of its rooms is and can be a very subjective matter of taste. In this particular case, we regret that our rooms were not to your taste and expectations.

Finally, we wish to point out that it is common universal practice for a form of security or deposit, be it a cash deposit or credit card pre-authorization to be secured upon registration for potential expenses that may be incurred within the hotel during the stay.

We seek your understanding that the SGD100 was a pre-authorization (holding amount) and not an actual charge until and unless expenses were actually incurred. It is indeed a common understanding that once a credit card is requested for and proffered in such context, that permission is already impliedly given for a pre-authorization.

However, in this instance, we once again sincerely apologize for assuming that this knowledge is known to you.

Wishing you and all your family a good week ahead!