“Pretty decent stay”

Ranked #50 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Hong Kong
“Pretty decent stay”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We arrived before check in time but they already had a room ready for us on the lower floor. We requested one on a higher floor and they were able to arrange it. It was quite nice to chill by the pool. The only bad thing I can say is that the walls are quite thin so you can easily hear noises or people talking in the corridors.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
park_regis2011, General Manager at Park Regis Singapore, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear acyy

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Regis Singapore and taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We believe in exceeding guests’ expectations through constant innovation. Your feedback is important in allowing us to continually measure and improve our service standards.

We will continue to provide exceptional experiences for our valued guests and look forward to your stay in Park Regis Singapore again.

Jason Dowd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I'm so glad I booked this hotel after two lousy nights in Sentosa. This is a stylish hotel in town. Pubs street in Clarke Quay is just across the road. MRT station, Chinatown within walking distance.

Pleasant check-in experience. Nice chair to sit in front of the reception for check-in process. New furnished room, small but tidy and clean. Newspaper was provided everyday. Swimming pool is great, but if you want a sunbath, do better go there earlier in the morning cause little sunbath chairs.

This is definitely a good hotel for solo business man or couples. As the room and the bathroom is separated only by a mirror, so, in my opinion, it's not quiet a nice choice if you share the room with your colleague or friend....pretty awkward you can imagine if you do 'big business' in toilet or after the shower :P

And yes, I'm very satisfied for the room and services provided in this price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sandylcs
Dear Sandylcs

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Was very pleased with the hotel facilities, the staff friendly and accommodating and a convenient handy location. Breakfast buffet was great and the gym and the pool were great facilities. A shower available after checkout with a later flight is very nice. Will recommend and stay again when in town.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank JacquiDean28
park_regis2011, General Manager at Park Regis Singapore, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Jacqueline D

Austin
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stay at a lot of hotels and Singapore is a challenging market. For the most part you either have astronomically priced high-end luxury properties or hotels that are merely "expensive" and infested with insects, in terrible locations, or in terrible physical condition.

This hotel is a very nice, sort of "slim" property that is a good value given the background of outrageous Singapore prices.

1) The Property - It is a very nice, modern design.It is fresh with a lot of nice hardwood, but bright and airy. Overall, the appearance and condition of the property is excellent. I was very pleased.

2) Rooms - I think all rooms on the property are the same size, part of an efficient and affordable design. The rooms were snug. Not as tight as some Japanese business hotels, but not a lot of wasted space. However, after some initial consternation, I found that I was able to put all my stuff away and the unconventional layout grew on me rapidly. I found moving around, showering, shaving, etc... to work very well. I applaud the architects for pushing the envelope a little on the layout, but still coming up with something very functional and comfortable to use.

3) Pool - Wonderful. Full 25 meter pool. Fresh towels. Great! Nice for workouts.

4) Gym - I did not end up using it, but next to the pool is a serious, well-equipped gym. (Not the afterthought crammed into some older properties)

5) Jogging - Over a small pedestrian bridge and around the corner and you are on the river, one of the best places in Singapore to jog.

<The convenience and quality of the workout options alone are enough to make this my first choice hotel in Singapore. Staying healthy on the road is a real challenge and having a hotel that makes it convenient to exercise is extremely helpful>

6) Pool Bar - One of the few hotels I have seen recently with a real pool bar that is actually staffed.

7) Roof Top Bar - They also have a very elegant roof top bar, but it seems to have a catch-22 traction problem, No one uses it so no one uses it.

8) Lobby Lounge - another excellent design. A very nice real bar, sofas, and comfortable chairs positioned so that you can wait without feeling like you need to buy a drink. Again, subtle but masterfully effective architecture.

9) Restaurant - The only thing I had was a Club Sandwich. The sandwich was excellent. I would have liked the french fries to be more of the modern "MacDonalds" style.

10) Breakfast - Is served on the third floor starting at 6:30AM. The layout of the buffet is compact, but it had everything I needed including a cook making eggs to order. Since my room rate did not include breakfast, I had to pay a-la-carte which was a very reasonable S$20 (US$16) plus service and tax. The value of this was also very good.

11) Service - Young, enthusiastic staff, wonderful. I got myself confused and thought my shower was not delivering hot water. They graciously sent someone to my room to show me how to move the lever to the other side to get hot water.

12) The Crowd - The guests are a nice mix of European tourists, young business people (one group of young American men and women were notable) and pairs of well-funded young Korean women. Very nice compared to some other Singapore properties that are dominated by oil thugs or arrogant finance types.

13) Location - Over that same pedestrian bridge and walk directly into the Clarke Quay MRT. Total of perhaps 100 meters, of which only 10 meters is uncovered. Very convenient. Don't get on the MRT and you are on the River at Clarke Quay. One block the other direction and you are in Chinatown.

14) Taxis - Since the hotel is a few blocks out of the way and a little smaller, taxi service is mixed. Of 5 days at 7 AM, two days there was a taxi waiting, two days a taxi pulled in within 2-3 minutes and one day the bellman wasn't there and I had to go out to the road and wait 5-10 min to flag one down.

The one small nit I noticed is that the elevators are dark (elegant, but dark) and it is really hard to see the elevator buttons. During the week I was there, not only did I have problems, but I noticed every other guest that got into the elevator also had to squint, bend down, and put their face right up to the buttons to make out which button to press for their floor.

Overall, an excellent experience. I will be keeping this property in mind for future Singapore trips.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank DJH-in-Austin
park_regis2011, General Manager at Park Regis Singapore, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear DJH-in-Austin

We are delighted to receive your gracious compliment, and was especially pleased to read your kind words on our services and hotel.

Your effort in listing all the points mentioned is deeply appreciated. Such compliments are important to us and motivates us to continue providing the best possible service to all our guests.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Park Regis is centrally located in Singapore a short walking distance from restaurants and nightlife at Clarke Quay. There is also less than 100 meter from the hotel to the closest metro and walking distance to Chinatown. Raffles, Marina Bay and Fort Canning can also be reached on foot.

The hotel has an outdoor pool, a well equipped fitness room and room service several times each day. There is a safe in each room and free high speed wireless internet. The staff is friendly and efficient. I even got an extended check-out without paying any extra. The only negative thing is that the rooms are quite small. Even if the comfort and service is excellent you get more than you really need. I will strongly recommend the hotel, but if you are travelling on a tight budget I think it will be possible to get cheaper deals elsewhere that are more than good enough for just sleeping.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank BGK190479
Dear BGK190479

Toronto
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Service is what made the Park Regis Hotel stand out for us. It's not a five star hotel but it's staff provided five star service. The room cleaning staff are very friendly and gave us as much bottled water as we needed. But the most commendable are the staff at the Concierge desk. They went out of their way to help guests, answering questions about getting around and city sights. One of them really exceeded expectations. I have asked for his name to make sure he got recognized. His name is James Paun and he really went out of his way to help us fax an important document to Cambodia, making copies for us and faxing it. He also show ed good follow up. I am highly impressed with this hotel's staff.
The hotel itself is beautiful, an Art Deco building although you couldn't tell from the renovated interior, which is a pity. But the interior courtyard around the swimming pool is stunning. It's right near the Clarke Quay area and five minutes from the Chinatown MTR. Very convenient location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rarecat
Dear rarecat

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Service is what really made this hotel memorable. Every member of the staff at the front desk and concierge were polite and considerate. I must mention Terry from the front desk, and James from concierge were absolutely outstanding! James was always ready to help and provided us with great restaurant suggestions. Terry who checked us in was very attentive. He remembered us from check in, and always tried to check how everything was going whenever he saw us. Percy the manager was also welcoming and did a great follow up with an issue we had. On our last day we left the hotel’s umbrella at a restaurant. A concierge member even offered to retrieve it during his lunch break, so we would avoid the $30 fee. We really wish we knew his name so we could thank him. He really went the extra mile for us. This hotel's front line staff are truly splendid! Thank you guys for making our stay special!

What makes this hotel lose a star is housekeeping. The cleanliness of the room when we checked in was definitely not up to par. There were still stains on the toilet, hair in the closet, and the linen on the bed had marks on them. We called housekeeping to change our linen as it wasn’t just one sheet that was dirty. When I pulled my black jeans from the top shelf of the closet, it was covered with dust. I guess they never wipe that either. ..

The hotel is just across the street from the MRT, and is centrally located. Clarke Quay is a street away as well. WIFI is complimentary. The swimming pool looks lovely but we never went as there never seemed to be seats.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple