“great hotel in the middle of everything”

Park Regis Singapore
Ranked #63 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had planned to stay in a different hotel for my short stay in Singapore, but after reading reviews of that hotel decided to book somewhere else. The Park Regis. I was very pleasantly surprised that by chance I had chosen a hotel seemingly in the heart of the city, near the river, restaurants, china town and convenient for sightseeing. I really enjoyed my stay, the personal were friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. My room at the top of the hotel was quiet, modern, light and airy with wonderful views of the city. Breakfast was the normal standard, something for everyones taste!. I highly recommend this hotel for a short stay in Singapore

Room Tip: Top floor overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
park_regis2011, General Manager at Park Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear LaufenburgPots

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Regis Singapore and taking the time to provide us your valuable feedback.

We are delighted to receive your gracious compliments on your recent stay at the hotel; and will be happy to share your feedback with the team.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel building looked new and everything looked to be in mint conditions. However, it seems to be built upwards; narrow alleyways dotted with tiny rooms identical in every floor. Nothing spectacular about it, though the room does have a couple of unusual features. In place of sofa, there's a low wall next to the windows that is covered with sofa cushions. The sink is outside the separate shower and toilet booths and faces the bed and windows. They seem to be designs to make the most use of the tiny space.

But what the hotel lacks in space is made up with an excellent variety of breakfast meals. There's croissants, toast, muffins, brownies, English breakfast, various salad and fruits, cereals, milk, soymilk and juices, Chinese fried noodle and rice, nasi lemak, dim sum. There's 3 stations for DIY hot meals: omelette, noodle soup and Chinese porridge. There's rotation on some of the dishes every day. So variety wise, I'm very pleased. The quality of the food is mostly good, although tiny details would bring it closer to perfect. For example, I would have preferred freshly squeezed juice than concentrate. I like the design of the restaurant too. Very bright from sunlight coming through the glass walls, with wooden look to it.

The service was mostly good, though not very consistent (sometimes very helpful and sometimes not more than simply doing their job). What's rather discomforting is one night I went back to my room and saw someone who looked and dressed like a cleaner casually coming out of the room next to me. She apologised quickly while passing me, probably thinking it was my room. I don't really like the idea of a cleaner sneaking into guest rooms, so hopefully it's not what happened.

I took taxi to my office every day (I never needed to wait for my taxi, which lined up in front of the lobby), so don't really know the surrounding well. It doesn't seem to be that close to MRT station though probably walkable. Next to it is highway and on the other sides of the hotel I didn't notice shopping mall or restaurants or any major attractions. Clarke Quay is close to the river and nightlife, so I guess a few minutes walk will get you there.

My stay cost my company S$240 - 260 per night before tax. It's not cheap but probably ok given the central location. I'm happy enough with the hotel, but won't miss it dearly if my PA chooses other more established hotels next time.

Room Tip: I'd prefer my room to be closer to the lift so I don't need to walk all the narrow alleyways...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hahaboy

We would like to apologize over the discomforting encounter which you have experienced with our Room Attendant. I have personally addressed this incident with the team and rest assured that corrective measures will be taken to improve on the service shortfall.

In light of the above, we are delighted to receive your gracious compliments on the quality of our buffet breakfast which you have experienced at Suite 23 Restaurant; and it will certainly be my pleasure to share your compliments with the team.

Last but not least, we do appreciate your constructive feedback on the room design and its facilities; and do acknowledge that the design and style of each hotel can be subjective to individual’s expectations. We regret that we did not meet your expectations in this aspect.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Location: Average. This hotel is right across the street from Clarke Quay MRT (purple line) - use the Merchant Rd exit. Quite inconvenient to travel to and from the airport to this location, as the MRT at least 2-3 transfers. Only stay here if you're going to Clarke Quay, or maybe Chinatown.

The building is very new, so new (and maybe not too popular) that my taxi driver does not know where it is (according to the staff this property is only two years old). The interior looks clean and modern.

Check-in and check-out was quick and the staff were always friendly and helpful (I found the staff to be the only highlight of this property).

Now, the room design: I think it's weird. I did not like it. It's tiny - there's not much space around really. The open bathroom makes me feel like I'm sleeping in a huge bathroom. There is no wall between the bed and the sink. From there, there are only frosted glass doors to the toilet and the separate shower. Totally not suitable for more than one person staying.

Room facilities: has one international style power plug (that fits any plug you may have), however there is no power plug available near the bed sides. Not very convenient for people like me who use my phone for alarm clock (which needs to be charged overnight). The bathroom amenity kits are quite good though (toothbrush, soap, etc.) - better than many other hotels I've been to. The bed is a bit hard, although it didn't bother me much. The window curtain is a bit clunky, there was some sunlight leaking into the room in the morning. Also, the door lock is a bit unresponsive such that I needed to tap the key multiple times to open the room door (first time ever I had such a problem with a hotel room door).

Value: I would say, quite poor. I paid 160USD a night. In-room internet is charged extra. For comparison, a similarly sized room at the Ibis Bencoolen costs arund 120USD a night including free internet.

Room Tip: There seems to be only two kinds of room in this hotel: queen and twin bed. I recommend the queen ro...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank galaxynexus

Dear galaxynexus

We are delighted to receive your gracious compliments on our front desk services which you have experienced; and it will certainly be my pleasure to share your compliments with the team.

We appreciate your constructive feedback on the room design and its facilities; and do acknowledge that the design and style of each hotel can be subjective to individual’s expectations.

We regret that we did not meet your expectations in this aspect. As for the complimentary WIFI; we are happy to share that we have recently implemented a complimentary one-hour WIFI service for our guests at the hotel’s lobby.

Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to review our products and services and we look forward to welcome you back to the Park Regis Singapore soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Room small but efficient, reception staff very polite and 5 minutes away from night life. Tip: you can use the shower facility if your flight is late in the afternoon and could make your trip more confortable...

Room Tip: Tip: you can use the shower facility if your flight is late in the afternoon and could make your tri...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ELENIL_13

Dear Eleni

We also take note of your feedback on the room size and acknowledged that the design and style of each hotel can be subjective to individual’s expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Park Regis Singapore soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Excellent staff, in particular the reception and bell hops. They really tried hard to make our wedding anniversary special by upgrading our room, giving us a bottle of very nice wine and a platter of fruit. We would highly recommend this hotel for a comfortable reasonably priced stay.
Thank you.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room on the 6th floor overlooking the pool. The higher you go the better the view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mark

We are delighted to receive your gracious compliments on our front desk and bell services which you have experienced. It will certainly be my pleasure to share your compliments with the team.

We will continue to provide exceptional experiences for our guests such as your good self; in keeping your loyal patronage with us and certainly look forward to welcome you back to the Park Regis Singapore soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Park Regis for a week over Xmas holidays, and we both really loved our stay here. The hotel is located right across the road from Clarke Quay and was within walking distance of Marina Bay and Chinatown. The staff were absolutely wonderful. The decor is beautiful and spotless. Our room had a lovely view over the pool area and Clarke Quay. The rooms are very small, and the bathroom is basically in the bedroom. I agree with another reviewer that it isn't ideal for a non-couple. Someone would probably want to actually leave the room while the other person was using the toilet. We got around it by putting our ipod on! Definitely a first...but despite that one downside, the positives far outweight the negative and we are definitely looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
park_regis2011, General Manager at Park Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Cam68,

Thank you very much for choosing Park Regis Singapore and taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is truly heartening to hear that you appreciate the prime location of the hotel and had an enjoyable stay with us.

We certainly hope to be of service to you again should your travels bring you back to Singapore.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

had a return stopover in Singapore on the 16/4/13 for 4 nights at this hotel , was a tad dubious after reading some reviews but nothing could be further from the truth. On our arrival to our departure the staff could not be more friendlier or helpful and were a credit to themselves and the company they worked for and will most certainly stay there again on our next European trip . Only criticism is they wont accept a Debit card which is strange as the Park Regis in Dubai did , but this is only minor

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave P

Dear Dave P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about our recent stay with us.

It delights us to know that our efforts to provide quality service is being appreciated by you as we pride ourselves on providing warm and sincere customer service to our guests.

We would also like to seek your kind understanding that the hotel accepts cash deposit or credit card pre-authorisation to cover incidentals as a form of security upon registration for potential expenses that may be incurred within the hotel during your stay. As this holding amount is not an actual charge, we will not be able to accept debit card for pre-authorisation. However, debit card is accepted upon check-out for payment.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to Park Regis Singapore during your next visit to Singapore.