“Best meal ever”

Ranked #242 of 11,496 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Waku Ghin, recently ranked 39th on the coveted 'World's 50 Best Restaurants' list. The name 'Waku Ghin' is derived from two Japanese words: ‘Waku’ means to 'arise' (like water pouring forth from a hot spring) and 'Ghin' means 'silver', which is Chef Tetsuya's favorite color found throughout this stunning restaurant. That same personal imprint and attention to detail is also on exhibit in the main dining room which seats 25 guests per seating, for an exclusive view of the Singapore skyline. Chef Tetsuya is the first person appointed Sake Ambassador outside of Japan, making his selection the best in the world.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Absolutely the best restaurant that I have ever been to in my life. The freshest ingredients, impeccable service, and friendly staff.

The uni with caviar is my favourite. Just melts in your mouth.

Over the past year, I have found myself dreaming of the food at Waku Ghin since our first visit, and had to come back again and again for a quick fix. Thank you Waku Ghin, every penny spent here is well worth it.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I like to taste many bites for different flavor experiences. The chef knows what he's doing undoubtedly. The problem is that when we got out of the restaurant we weren't only hungry but disappointed...we paid 1.600 $, and we didn't think it was amazing...they charged a bit than 11$ for very very small coffee, considering what we were already paying.

The staff attention is good, flavor is good, but I honestly don't think that the price is right.

I like the fact that we had the opportunity to go, but wouldn't repeat it.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

.. the Lobster waved before heading to its culinary execution. Proving how fresh the food was. At the start chef shows you the selection of seafood that will be served.

As an Omakase meal you get what is served but as in the case of my wife they check for allergies or dislikes. The food was exceptionally prepared - here is the run down of what we had:

French Gillardeau Oyster with Ginger and Rice wine Vinegar.
an
Marinated Botan Shrimp and Sea urchin and Oscietra Caviar

slow-cooked NZ John Dory with charcoal grilled aubergine

Tamanian Abalone with Fregola and Tomato - mmm best Abalone I've had in Singapore and from sustainable sources from Tasmania

Charcoal grilled fillet of Tasmanian grass-fed beef with Tetsuya's Wasabi mustard (beef from Cape Grim)

Ohmi Wagyu from Shiga prefecture with Wasabi and Citrus Soy (hand grated wasabi)

Somen with Myoga and Junsai

Gyokuro (green tea to clear palate)

Desserts: musk melon, chocolate Mousse, Petit Fours

I also asked for wine pairing which was an extra 250 dollars but complimented the food nicely, includes sake. The stand out dish for me was teh sea urchin - i usually don't like and Abalone - never had a fresh one before.

they also kindly made the mousse into a mini birthday cake with hand written chocolate message for my lovely wife's birthday.

3  Thank GTGULL
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Words almost fail me in describing this meal. Our last meal at Waku Ghin was wonderful - hence our return visit - but in many ways this was even better. This isn't just about the fabulous food, its the whole experience; the theatre of the food being presented and cooked before your eyes, the beautiful presentation, the immaculate service and the venue. Yes it is expensive but we left feeling that it was money well spent.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Having tried Tetsuya's in Sydney, I knew that Waku Ghin would be nothing short of amazing, and after dining there last night, I can say that I was truly impressed with the food, service and the whole "chef's table" experience. It was so much better than I expected!

Every dish that was placed in front of us, was cooked beautifully and presented like a work of art. Staff were attentive, but not overcrowding and all of them had a lot of knowledge about the ingredients used in the dishes.

There is no denying that the price per head is costly! But what you get is a lovely 2-3 hour meal, delicious food and an amazing dining experience that Chef Tetsuya created himself.

1  Thank claztwo