“A beary good stay”

Beary Nice! by a beary good hostel
Ranked #63 of 237 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hostel was really great. Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 3 nights and not only had no issues but enjoyed ourselves immensely. It has a great location in chinatown with the mrt right there and some hawkers stalls. Most hostels offer all day tea and coffee but at beary nice the extra anytime hot chocolate was a great bonus. Staff were friendly and helpful, beds were comfy and dorms were clean and quiet. This hostel has a very homely feel to it. I would recommend this for people who dont want a party hostel. If you want a rowdy place full of drinkers and extremely social people this is not the place which suited us perfectly. Free laptop use and the nice TV were added benefits we enjoyed.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was not at first sold to the idea of staying with other people in one place. I booked for a day only, and if i dont like the place, i still have reservations in other hotel around the area. Well, looks like I ended my stay in singapore staying at Beary!..Its located in Smith street, where all the restaurants and shopping places are. Its a place youll love to be, if you are a first timer.

The staff are very accommodating, and very patient with me and my daughter when I asked for something. Rayhannah, Saf, and even the house cleaner from Indonesia were all very friendly. I gained friends in that trip, too. I already informed the staff,Ill be back with my 3 sons in Singapore and will definitely stay in their place.

The place is clean, cozy and homey.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2013

nice place and location,the environment also convenient. nearly mrt station of chinatown. better choose the exit first (many exits there) ,or you can ask local ppl how to get to smith street,hostel is at the middle of the street. hope every traveler has good experiences there and just enjoy!

Room Tip: if girl,recommend to choose female room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is my first time going to Singapore and I have a lot of things that I'm very concerned about, especially since I'm travelling with my parents. But thanks to all the staff from Beary's Hostel who are very welcoming and ready to help whenever we need the help, our stay become a very pleasant one. We've decided that if we go back to Singapore, we'll definitely choose Beary's Hostel for our place to rest.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Actually this is my second choice for our accomodation but i donot regret choosing it. The place is very easy to find and very near to MRT and shopping place for souveniers. Breakfast is available every morning enough to start the day. It has free wifi and an accomodating staff. The room is ok it serves the purpose of having a good sleep. The bottled water is cheap here . It is the toilet that needs improvement there is a leak in the bowl everytime you do flush. All in all it is a nice place to stay and my children definitely recommends this place if you are travelling on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Beary Nice! over the weekend, and we couldn't be more pleased with the experience. Clean, comfortable and convenient! The separate male/female toilets were greatly appreciated, as was the breakfast provided. :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a good place to stay if you're looking for nice accommodation on a budget. Friendly staff. Breakfast is included. All bottom bunks in my room had curtains and were arranged to give the most amount of privacy in a 10 bed dorm. Great location in Chinatown. Offer discount tickets to attractions and cheap drinks in the fridge - appreciated as Singapore is expensive. Good common area too with massive tv.

Minor bad points:
Had to walk through common areas to get to toilets.
Bedside lights are 2 pin plugs, sockets are 3 pin so have to jam the plug in. Not very safe.
A couple more hooks for your clothes in the girls shower would be nice.

• Stayed: October 2013