“Good Food and Great Staff!”
Review of Guy Savoy - CLOSED

Guy Savoy
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Experience world-class flavors. Award-winning Chef Guy Savoy is the youngest of the French legends credited with pioneering 'Nouvelle Cuisine'Selecting only the finest ingredients, Chef Guy Savoy prepares and serves with an uncompromising awareness of what makes a dining experience truly exceptional. This is what earned the prestigious Guy Savoy restaurant in Paris three Michelin stars. Chef Savoy has profound respect for his carefully selected ingredients. Flavors are gently coaxed so that every bite of food makes a statement. His technique is best exemplified in his signature dishes, which create an exquisite mix of aromas and flavors that will tantalize the senses of guests at Guy Savoy.Signature Dishes:• Artichoke and black truffle soup, toasted mushroom brioche and black truffle butter • Crispy seabass with delicate spices • Chocolate fondant with layered praline and chicory cream
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Food and Great Staff!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Food is very good here at this restaurant but not yet to the level of amazing. I went for the Innovation and Insipration menu to get the full experience of what this restaurant can offer. While most of the dishes on the menu were very good, there were 2 dishes that I thought were amazing and 2 that failed my taste pallete completely.

I simply loved the oyster concasse. Everything from the execution and the taste was just perfect. The freshness of the Normandy oyster blended perfectly with a lemon and seaweed granite was indeed able to produce a heavenly taste appetizer that was fresh and full of flavor. The next wonderful dish was the artichoke and black truffle soup which tasted so soulful and so sexy as it was light and yet creamy, sweet and yet savoury at the same time.

The Salmon "frozen" on ice was nice but the use of the tasteless but heavily scented lemongrass consomme really ruined the dish. The same with the pan-fried foei gras. While it was perfectly fried, it was runied by the genmaicha "infused-duck bouillon" that just didn't match well with the richness of of foei gras. Maybe it was the chef's intention to balance out the richness of foei gras but I certainly failed to see the point.

The staff is the other amazing factor of this restaurant. Every single one of them including the chef was great the evening I was there. Everyone was friendly and knowledgable at the same time about the products in the restaurant. The presentation of every dish was perfect and the pace of which our dishes came out was timed very nicely and appropriately.

• Visited January 2014

Arlington, VA
“Unexpected Treat in Singapore”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

On a last minute request to find a good French restaurant for my girlfriend and I, on a Friday evening no less, our hotel concierge came through with a reservation for us at the Guy Savoy at the Marina Bay Sands. Prior to traveling to Singapore, we had not paid great attention to this establishment, despite solid reviews.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we set foot outside the door, we were treated as valued clients and pampered with nice, unexpected treats, above and beyond what was listed on the menu. Our reservation was early, and we were in fact the first guests to arrive. This made us perhaps a bit nervous with multiple staff members hovering around our table, but as I watched the subsequent guests arrive, this actually seemed to be the norm, not unlike other high end restaurants. Each staff member has a role to play, and in the end, as a guest, you probably interact with a dozen people from the hostess to the chef (who paid a visit to our table after the meal to check if we had enjoyed our experience - and we had, of course). Our servers were quite friendly and professional, but sometimes they seemed a little unsure of themselves, almost like they were still new. However, I was not particularly bothered by this, especially since they put a great effort in ensuring that our every need was looked after.

Just to find something to criticize, I pointed out to my girlfriend that I did not like the fish motif that had been used to decorate the otherwise regular looking dining room, but even that was a minor blip in an otherwise memorable experience. The restaurant is located above the Marina Bay Sands mall area, and it affords something of a view towards the Marina Bay through a web of glass. But honestly, I was paying much less attention to my surroundings as to my food, and perhaps that is the point of decor.

While hungry, we were not starving, so we decided to pass on the fixed price menu and ordered a la carte instead. As it turned out - and I don't know if this was the norm or we had just gotten lucky - we were served a multitude of small dishes in addition to our entrees. They were all top-notch, and even when something did not taste amazing, there was a lot of creativity and effort put into assembling the dishes for us. Even the bread, salt, and butter looked interesting. My girlfriend ordered duck while I had the wagyu beef. Both entrees were above average. We also had a chocolate dessert which perfectly capped off the experience (except for the heavenly Earl Grey sorbet which was served at the very end).

In the end, I think both of us were overwhelmed and surprised how good our experience had been. We enjoyed great many things while in Singapore, but a visit to the Guy Savoy restaurant was definitely one of the unexpected treats. It is worth pointing out, of course, that none of the above comes without a cost, and yes, the meal was expensive (e.g. my glass of wine was S$ 45 and not particularly memorable). Perfect for a special occasion, however.

• Visited November 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Guy Savoy has the complete package”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Upon entering Guy Savoy you will be greeted by polite and efficient staff. The decor is minimalist but most seats in the restaurant offer a reasonable water view. The amuse bouche of a chilled yellow carrot soup was bland and lacked originality. The caviar starter was amazing, a mouthful of flavour bursting at the seams. My dining companion ordered the caviar entree as well which could only be described as sublime. French champagne by the glass will set you back between S$45-100/glass. Buy a bottle. The wagyu shoulder cooked 2 ways is amazing, if you enjoy very good beef then this is a must order dish for you. Very good value as well, considering the quality. The other main, a game pie, was cooked to perfection and balanced very well- the pastry was spot on. I only had to book a fortnight in advance but you may want to book a little further ahead to be sure.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank When_in_Rome2010_10
“Good but not amazing”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Guy Savoy is everything you would expect from a fine dining restaurant it has good service and good food. However it is nothing special. The venue/location is slightly odd the decor is a little bland and the dining room lacks any kind of atmosphere. The staff are friendly and the service efficient the food is OK but I would expect more creativity for the price. On our last visit the memorable part of the meal was the cheeseboard but this time round it was disappointing 2 of the cheeses were under ripe and one was not the best quality The cheeseboard also lacked any surprises. So while there was nothing bad about the experience there was nothing amazing either. I expected more.

Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fabulous dining in SIN”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We've been fortunate to dine in Guy Savor's restaurants in Paris, Las Vegas, and in Singapore, where we enjoyed the "Innovations and Inspiration" menu (at all three locations) over the past 18 months. Service was very good here, though not quite up to the standards of Las Vegas and Paris. Food was great as expected. The only downside to our dining experience was the wine list, which is much smaller than Las Vegas and Paris, and which seemed a bit pricy for many offerings. (We were told that the casino in which the restaurant is located manages the wine list.) Nonetheless, fans of Guy Savoy who visit Singapore should make the trip.

• Visited February 2013