“Guy Savoy has the complete package”
Review of Guy Savoy - CLOSED

Guy Savoy
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Experience world-class flavors. Award-winning Chef Guy Savoy is the youngest of the French legends credited with pioneering 'Nouvelle Cuisine'Selecting only the finest ingredients, Chef Guy Savoy prepares and serves with an uncompromising awareness of what makes a dining experience truly exceptional. This is what earned the prestigious Guy Savoy restaurant in Paris three Michelin stars. Chef Savoy has profound respect for his carefully selected ingredients. Flavors are gently coaxed so that every bite of food makes a statement. His technique is best exemplified in his signature dishes, which create an exquisite mix of aromas and flavors that will tantalize the senses of guests at Guy Savoy.Signature Dishes:• Artichoke and black truffle soup, toasted mushroom brioche and black truffle butter • Crispy seabass with delicate spices • Chocolate fondant with layered praline and chicory cream
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Upon entering Guy Savoy you will be greeted by polite and efficient staff. The decor is minimalist but most seats in the restaurant offer a reasonable water view. The amuse bouche of a chilled yellow carrot soup was bland and lacked originality. The caviar starter was amazing, a mouthful of flavour bursting at the seams. My dining companion ordered the caviar entree as well which could only be described as sublime. French champagne by the glass will set you back between S$45-100/glass. Buy a bottle. The wagyu shoulder cooked 2 ways is amazing, if you enjoy very good beef then this is a must order dish for you. Very good value as well, considering the quality. The other main, a game pie, was cooked to perfection and balanced very well- the pastry was spot on. I only had to book a fortnight in advance but you may want to book a little further ahead to be sure.

1  Thank When_in_Rome2010_10

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Guy Savoy is everything you would expect from a fine dining restaurant it has good service and good food. However it is nothing special. The venue/location is slightly odd the decor is a little bland and the dining room lacks any kind of atmosphere. The staff are friendly and the service efficient the food is OK but I would expect more creativity for the price. On our last visit the memorable part of the meal was the cheeseboard but this time round it was disappointing 2 of the cheeses were under ripe and one was not the best quality The cheeseboard also lacked any surprises. So while there was nothing bad about the experience there was nothing amazing either. I expected more.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We've been fortunate to dine in Guy Savor's restaurants in Paris, Las Vegas, and in Singapore, where we enjoyed the "Innovations and Inspiration" menu (at all three locations) over the past 18 months. Service was very good here, though not quite up to the standards of Las Vegas and Paris. Food was great as expected. The only downside to our dining experience was the wine list, which is much smaller than Las Vegas and Paris, and which seemed a bit pricy for many offerings. (We were told that the casino in which the restaurant is located manages the wine list.) Nonetheless, fans of Guy Savoy who visit Singapore should make the trip.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Absolutely blown away by my recent dining experience here. We had the Bites and Bubbles menu so we could try several dishes and they all were excellent. My personal favourite was the Artichoke soup with Mushroom Brioche and Black Truffle Butter - sublime, I am salivating thinking about it. Very evident was the highest quality ingredients in every dish. Presentation was faultless and innovative. The staff were amazing and were completely at our service without hovering. Definitely in my Top 3 of all time.

1  Thank seeyahale
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I got lucky on my last visit in Singapore, to be treated by a friend of mine to Guy Savoy at MBS. I’m not so much of a fine dining person as from previous experiences in Paris; it’s way too stuffy (and expensive!!) to me.
I have heard so many things good things about Guy Savoy in Singapore, so I had high expectations.
The décor itself isn’t the most impressive, it has a feeling of unfinished, but as the room was packed (normal for a Saturday night I guess), there was an amazing warm feeling once we got in.
The hostess took us to our table, wished us a lovely dinner, and then, the magic starts.
The sommelier brings a nice champagne trolley with a good selection (House pour, Pink and Prestige). He was speaking a bit fast but very cute!
After a few minutes, some finger food arrives (without we even ordered anything!) very delicious. Our Captain, Hershey was outstanding. She took the time to explain all the menus, gave us some time to look at it, even offered some help and gave us some recommendations.
Once the order was taken, our biggest fear started, when the French cute guy brought the wine list. More like an encyclopedia!! The prices were quite high, as the first pages show some “prestige offers”, then the magnums, and the regular bottles. As we were going through the pages, searching for something affordable, I guess we caught his attention and he came to assist us. We are not big drinkers, so he offered us to organize a wine pairing. Not even an expensive all-made one, but a tailor made one. He asked us how many glasses we wanted, our preferences on the color…
We ended up going for a 5 glasses that we let him to choose for us. Out of all the wines, we really loved the first one, a white wine that he said was produced closed to his hometown. Each other glass was perfectly matching our dishes.
We were surprised to see the chef, going to every and single table as well. When it was our turn, he introduced himself, speaking with a very French accent, but we were impressed by how humble he was, and that he took the time to talk to us. Charles (that’s his name) has been working for many years with Guy Savoy, in different locations, including the main restaurant in Paris. He told us that the menu was exactly the same as in Paris. Well if that’s the case, I highly recommend you to go to Singapore, as after checking on the website, it’s much more expensive in Paris for the same dishes.
This dinner was an outstanding experience and I would like to thank the whole team lead in the kitchen by Charles and by Cedric (he gave us his business card!!) for the service team. Hershey took amazingly good care of us, was very smiley during the whole meal and made us feel like at home.
Will definitely come back on my next visit.