“Great location - poor quality food and service”

Fremantle Seafood Market
Ranked #2,286 of 11,172 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Why is it that restaurants think they can get away with serving poor quality food just because they have an excellent location. I had crab nachos which had bsrely been near a crab. A few tiny crumbs of meat if I was lucky. Risotto was ok but barramundi overcooked.
1st waitress refused to provide a glass of water - only bottled I was told. I asked another waiter later and was eventually provided with one

Lots of choice in clarke quay. Don't choose Freemantle

1  Thank johnnysailorboy

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We had dinner as a group here last week. Had a seafood bowl, BBQ ribs and chips between 3 people and we couldn't get through it all. The location near the water is fantastic and although a little bit pricey was no more expensive than other restaurants in Clark Quay.
The highlight was the great BBQ ribs !

Reviewed January 11, 2012

At about 22:00h we were hungry and as we were at Clark Quay, decided to eat at the Fremantle Seafood Market.

We were shown to our table at the river front and ordered a dozen oysters and clam chowder in bread for starters and Sashimi and the Seafood Bucket for main. Plus beer for me and a glass of OJ for the wife.

About 2 minutes into the starters, the waitress showed up and asked if we'd like to order anything else, as they are closing down. Even though I had half a beer left I ordered another one "to be on the safe side".

The oysters were OK and the clam chowder was so so...

While in the middle of our main course the waitress showed up with the bill... This is rather disturbing I we felled rushed through the meal.

Sashimi was OK, the Fish Bucket just OK as well, but the fries were very fatty.

I think they should have to inform their guests if they want to shut down and can't let you have your dinner in peace.

In and out in 45 minutes.

Will I go back... NO

Thankfully their are other places in Clark Quay, that make you feel welcome.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

As a native of Fremantle in Australia where the seafood is wonderful and in search of some fresh oysters I was dissappointed with our meal last night. Unfortunately the staff hadn't been trained well and their knowledge of the menu was poor. The seafood itself was average at best and very wet from defrosting. The highlight were the fries, easily the best I have had in a long while but an indictment really when it's the seafood that should star. Nice surroundings and location. Also one last dissappointment being no tap water just expensive mineral water. Overall ok but plenty of place to try before having to come back here.

1  Thank Pugwash73
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Pros:
- Service is pretty speedy. Staff are generally friendly.

Cons:
- The seafood bucket (deep fried assortment of cod fillet, oysters, shrimp, clams, etc) sounded great on paper but tasted terrible - everything was stale. There are chefs who think that they can get away with serving stale seafood by deep-frying them and there is no doubt that the chefs in Fremantle stand amongst them. Well, I've got news for you - you can't. Needless to say, I spent the night in the toilet.
- They do not serve tap water.

Overall:
This was my 2nd time at Fremantle. The 1st was for lunch last September - that was cheap (S$15) and fish was edible though not fresh. This time round, I thought I'd give it another shot and I was extremely disappointed. I am never going back ever again.