“Nice place at Singapore”

Bar Bar Black Sheep (Robertson Quay)
Ranked #604 of 11,375 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian, Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was a nice setting near the river front area. I was staying with my family at Grand Copthorne and we were looking for an assortment of vegetarian food. Bar Bar Black Sheep was a good find as it was just across the bridge from the hotel and had a good choice of Indian food and other stuff eg Pasta, Nuggets etc

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Actually to begin with, we do not get such food even in Indian restaurants in India.... I ate twice here and the Roti quality was stunning,. very soft. The other subjis like Alu Gobi, Dal Palak were cooked tastefully. My wife and I were amazed at the quality and finally asked the waiter who was cooking the food. They pointed out to a simple person (Indian) probably settled there. Hats off to the cook and the hotel... Bar Bar White Sheep!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had heard great things about this place from many of my friends in Singapore but I was very disappointed when I went there on Aug 10th.
The nachos - You cannot seriously call these nachos. Cold processed cheese in a thimble and bad salsa on the side.
Buffalo wings - Nothing buffalo about them, they were sweet and sour with no blue cheese sauce.
Thai curry - Tasted like cinnamon and had large chunks of cauliflower.

I mentioned to our waiter that the nachos were horrible and he took them back and said nothing.

Would never eat here or drink here again.

1  Thank m2dudine
Manager_1517, Manager at Bar Bar Black Sheep (Robertson Quay), responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Hi m2dudine,

Thanks for your feedback.

Bar Bar Black Sheep has several tenants operating the food kitchens, and while we try our best to ensure quality is consistent, it sounds like there was a lapse on your visit last year.

We've given your inputs to the kitchen in question, and they have since tweaked their recipes accordingly. We hope you'd give us another chance!

warm regards,
Ash

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Located at Robertson Quay.

Good location on the river. Area looks like it’s frequented a lot by expats.

Food was ok but nothing spectacular. Prices reasonable. Lots of staff but they weren’t in a hurry to serve anyone.

We placed our order. Most of it arrived in a short time but had to ask for a missing drink. It never arrived. Waiter must have gone to the farm to milk the cow!

Ended up finishing meal without a drink and just had the item removed from the bill.

Probably wouldn’t eat there again unless others in the area booked out.

2  Thank Scamfinder
Manager_1517, General Manager at Bar Bar Black Sheep (Robertson Quay), responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Scamfinder,

Thanks for your visit and your feedback, and we'll be sure to improve on our staff response time. If you do give us a chance to serve you again, do ask for myself or any of our senior service crew, and we'll be sure to look after your table well.

warm regards,
Ash

Reviewed July 18, 2013

On a recent trip visiting friends in Singapore, they took me to Bar Bar Blacksheep. Lots of menu choices. Food was good, ambiance by the River was very pleasant.

2  Thank Beezersmom