“Tiny but worth overall”
Review of Hotel Zenobia

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Singapore
Hotel Zenobia
Ranked #295 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hotel Zenobia is right in the middle of the Little India in Singapore. Just a couple of minutes walk from the little India train stop. Plenty of Indian shops all around the hotel and for a moment it was like in India. Hotel had big TV hanging on the wall (only the big relief in the room :). Recommended for 1 day for a couple. For solo traveler, I would say can stay few days. No windows and bathroom is extra small!
Management is OK and I could enter into the room when I got there 3 hours before the check in time. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nish M
There are newer reviews for Hotel Zenobia

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We visited Singapore n stayed here for 4 nights... Costed us 325 Singapore dollars ( dats around £171) won't call it exactly cheap hotel for Asia but as per Singapore standards its a good value for money!!! The location is excellent as its in between the triangle of 3 MRT stops nearby... Each about 10 mins walk, either side!!! The staff were excellent and they helped us with directions and sight seeing suggestions!!! And the rooms are reasonably good with basic amenities and AC !!! The only reason I gave it a star less is because of breakfast - small breakfast room and breakfast - hmmm a packed of bread (u toast yourself) jam, butter n spread!!! And few coffee n tea sachets ( u make yourself) and not only that but after u eat, u hav to wash your dishes yourself!!! That was disappointing but apart from that - I had a pleasant stay here!!!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank neel s
Reviewed February 27, 2013

i was browsing the website for some budget hotel in singapore for my 4 days 3 nights stay with my girlfriend, and while browsing, i see this hotel at quite a reasonable price and the pictures on their website looks good too. But this was just the beginning of our nightmare, when we arrive at the hotel, the check in was quite fast, staff service was okay too, but everything start to change, when we get to our room, the room was so small and the toilet smells bad and was moudly, my girlfriend and me feel we are being cheated by the pictures on their website. On the second day morning, we wake up early and wanna try the simple breakfast as told by their staff, and we were more disappointed by the breakfast provided, the website pictures is very different from what we saw, there is only a few jar of jam and bread, and packet of instant coffee, from what we saw, we just skip their breakfast and go out for breakfast. The rest of the stay at Zenobia is horrible, there is no service cleaning of our room even when we request for it. For the price you pay for this hotel, i believe you could get a better deal elsewhere, this is basically a hostel rather than a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dante19dmc
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I trawled through the Singaporean hotels available on this site and chose Zenobia (sight unseen) according to the descriptions afforded.
The counter staff were friendly, but the service stopped there.
My room was noisy (from the street and the corridor), the bathroom was moldy and there was no breakfast when I got up.

Room Tip: The directions on the train are quite easy to understand. Seeing an interactive map and hearing inst...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

When looking for accommodation off the Internet, I came across a seemingly cheap, affordable and clean hotel. The photos looked quite impressive and the money for value seemed to be in our favour. It turns out that a professional photoshopper must have been employed in photographing the hotel because, when we arrived, the room we received looked nothing like the photos. There was no ventilation in the room and the air was weeks old. The bathroom was mouldy and grotty but at least it did the job. During the day, we wanted to change the air and opened the bathroom windows which didn't have flyscreens meaning mosquitoes could fly in freely. For three people, a triple room is far too small. The only positive virtue was the television, which had a vast range of five channels, the working air con and the unreliable wifi and the easily accessible mrt train service. The two receptionists were kind and offered much help, but also sold us a ferry ticket which didn't do what he said it would do. Downstairs, it looks quite inviting and there is a free computer for use but when we went there was an old popular lady sending long emails and editing Wikipedia pages (y).

The "hotel" should really have a backpacker status because the facilities are as good as one. WE FOUND A CHEAPER MUCH BETTER HOTEL DOWN THE ROAD.

Not complaining too much though, it was the cheapest hotel near the city centre we could come across on the Internet and it provided a bed to sleep on.

Room Tip: Don't book online!! Or only book for single person.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Definitely not value for money. I stayed in Zenobia just for one nigt and I wouldn't like to stay longer. The room was small and stinky, but rather clean. Generally this quarter - Little India - is not the best place to stay, although its a perfect location. The good thing is that the hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. They helped us a lot in organising our stay.

As to the food, breakfast was a disaster. You can't count on decent coffee in the morning, but there's a Starbucks nearby.

Hotels in Singapore are expensive, but I'm sure you can find a better one for the same price.

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is one of the most interesting hotels I have reviewed, simply because there have been quite a few unflattering reviews previously on T.A. I always stay in Little India when visiting Singapore and have stayed at quite a few around the area. So this is not my first soujourn, but one of several. I have had a week here and would like to encourage budget travellers to have an open mind and give this hotel a go.
I stayed in a single room for a great price - $365AUD for 7 nights. Some of the single rooms are window-less - common in Asia as no space is wasted. My room had traditional wooden shutters on the bedroom and also the attached bathroom. Yes it is small - but okay for one person with one suitcase. I got a king single brand new bed (i.e. bigger than average single), duvet, one pillow. The bathroom had excellent shower with loads of hot/cold water. You get one towel and one bathmat and there is a wallhung dispenser with shower gel provided. As well, in the bedroom, there is a small wall mounted flat screen tv with about 5 channels including NewsAsia (v.good) and airconditioner which works perfectly and silently. The room is serviced daily : bed made, rubbish taken out, fresh towel provided. Yes the towels are a bit tatty, but this is not something to focus on for the price paid. I had no issues with cleanliness whatsoever - in the room or throughout the hotel. In fact the young guys do this job are very good and work daily.
The managers here, without exception, are really friendly, polite and obliging. The hotel does provide a simple free breakfast downstairs : bread/toast with spreads and tea/coffee. Dont get too hung up on this point, because all around there a loads of eateries where you can get a tasty breakfast for $5.
I like Zenobia because it is a 2 story, converted traditional shop house - which give it loads of character.
Now the best aspect for this hotel is the location - you can actually see the Mustafa Centre walkway (old building across to new building) down the road, 2minutes walk down Kapong Kapor Road! You can get all you want in the way of food stuffs there, as well as toileteries, and clothing. Mustafa is open 24 hours, as are several of the really good local restaurants in the immediate area. Can recommend Star Inn, 65 Dunlop Street; or my favourite, especially for breakfast - MBS, half way between Zenobia and Mustafa.
For distances further afield - Orchard Road is 15-20minutes away, as is Raffles Hotel and Chimes. A good 20 minutes to Fort Canning. This is all ON FOOT - which for me is the best way to see the sights. Of course there are MRT and lowcost taxis if preferred.
To sum up, I have no hesitation in recommending this budget hotel. It is not plush in any way and could do with a good sprucing up when it could easily match it's rival around the corner (Perak); but if you wish to pay what is a tremendously good value price for this city and have absolute prime location for this part of the city, then go no further.
If you want Little India but something on the luxurious side, then go for Park Royal on Kitchener Road, just the other side of Mustafa Centre.
For me, I will be back to Zenobia for sure.

Room Tip: I was on top (2nd floor) - make sure to ask for a room with windows/shutters you can open.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo