“Small and basic.”
Review of Hotel Zenobia

Hotel Zenobia
Ranked #298 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Dont expect much from budget hotels especially in cities like Singapore. Pretty small space, but comfortable enough for my family of 3. Attached bathroom, towels changed each day, receptionist (Mr David Tsai) very helpful and friendly. Our room consists of one queen bed and one single bed and a rack with a few cloth hangers. We were really happy with what we got. One turn off point would probably be the fact that the doors could not be doubled locked. Mom thought that was quite dangerous.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ruzzane H

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Zenobia Hotel in Little India is a basic hotel. The rooms are small especially the single rooms but comes with an attached bathroom. There is good air conditioning. There are no cupboards in the room so you need to live off your suitcase. The receptionists are helpful. Although I checked in early, they gave me a room.
The hotel is close to the Mustafa Centre, a big shopping mall. It is also convenient for other shopping areas and restaurants.
Breakfast is very basic,
It is better than a backpacker hostel and suitable for the singleadventurous traveller but not suitable for families with young kids.
Singapore not being a cheap place this hotel is reasonably priced. On the days I stayed there it was fully booked. So book in advance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank gyanfernando
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Check in was okay and pretty fast. Totally dissapointed with the room (I know it's a budget hotel) but at least make sure the room is in working condition before selling it off. One of the light in the room is fused, dirty cups hidden in the writing desk, spoiled shower head. I am okay with that because you pay peanut, you get monkeys.

However the main thing that gets me irritated is the fronk desk promised me a late check out at 1pm. But while I am taking my shower there's someone asking me to leave on 12pm. Went to the front desk and asked what happened and he just said that the next guest is arrived. Isn't it the standard check-in time is 2pm? As a fellow hotelier, I am just dissapointed and I will never ever stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Crono_Ng
Reviewed July 3, 2012

As it's budget but decent, rooms are small but clean, toilets were clean. Owner & Manager Ken (hope the name is correct) was rude at the begining but was very helpfull later. me & 3 of my friends stayed in this Hotel for 4 nights during 1st week of June 2012. Nearby to Mustafa is conveinient. Compared to other budget hotel in Little India, this was good. Breakfast was just bread toast, butter & Jam, all you have to serve your self. felt like home. if you going around whole day & just you need to have a wash, good sleep & keep your stuff, this is good. wi-fi internet was very fast, better than the other star hotels i've stayed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I, my wife and 8 year old daughter had booked a triple room at hotel zenobia for 2 nights. At the checkin I was told the triple rooms were full and offered me a double room, which was so small that the bed occupied the whole room. The bathroom was equally small with a broken toilet seat. If you are looking for a bed to sleep and nothing else you can as well look for backpackers inn at much cheaper rates. Though the location is very convenient with lot of indian restaurants around and easy to reach places with the MRT nearby. I would recommend this hotel only for single travellers and not for a family

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank drvishident
Reviewed April 21, 2012

During inquiry on the phone, the staff named David is not so accommodating..I have a lot of questions but it seems that he is in a hurry. Not even smiling on the phone.. No proper usage of polite words. UNPROFESSIONAL!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I would not have recognised the rooms shown on the web sites as being in the same hotel as the room that I was given.
If they advertised what the rooms were really like I doubt that anyone would ever stay here. I am use to small rooms in Singapore but this room was more like a coffin.
I opened the door and nearly fell over then bed. The room was just slightly wider than the single bed. There was nowhere to put your luggage.
Also the toilet did not work properly.
The hotel was generally run down.
I booked for 3 nights and left after 1 night.
Dont ever stay here unless you are desperate.

Room Tip: avoid at any cost