“Food good-not outstanding”

Stellar at 1-Altitude
Ranked #240 of 11,275 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Description: At Stellar our aim is to match the breath taking view with quintessential progressive Australian cuisine. Warm, knowledgeable, professional staff will extend genuine hospitality as they guide you through your dining experience. To present an original cuisine where texture, purity of flavour and quality of ingredients is paramount. WHAT IS PROGRESSIVE AUSTRALIAN CUISINE? “I always say that I cook in an ‘Australian way’. To me this means cooking with an open mind, being inspired by global flavours, always moving forward and cooking from the heart,” said Stellar’s Chef Christopher Millar, who hails from Melbourne Australia.
Reviewed August 31, 2014

I came to Stellar after reading positive reviews on TripAdvisor. The view is exceptional-and the food is good, however for what is billed as a five star dining experience, I was a little disappointed.The flavors in the food are all there, it just did not blow me away. We both ordered the Suckling Pig-the cracking provided was a little rubbery and entree's were a bit bland so the overall dining experience whilst being enjoyable, for what I was expecting-I was slightly disappointed. The service however was very good. The rooftop bar is an exceptional view for after your dining experience.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Food is not bad with good view. However, the service standard of the staff is inconsistent. Some staff have service excellence while some of the staff looked tired and are inpatient to serve you.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Came here with my folks who are visiting from Australia.

The views are fantastic, even at night.

We ordered the pork. It was really well presented and the flavours just worked well. Two of the others ordered the sea bass. The best description was it melted in my mouth and the almond purée was perfect.

The wine list is great and priced from reasonable through to high end. There was a Krug champagne promotion happening at the same time so good company.

The prices are what you expect for the location.

Overall very happy Experiance.

1  Thank thehopster
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We made reservations for two of us to dine at Stellar 1 Altitude on Saturday 9th August for Singapore's National Day mostly so we had a great view point for the Marina Bay fire works but also to indulge in some fine dining.

We opted for a non window seat as the minimum spend per person for this privilege was a little pricey. The restaurant wasn't as busy as I thought it would be considering the masses of queues on ground floor at the bottom of the escalator. Thankfully we were able to skip those queues and go straight up to Level 62 because of our reservation at 6.30pm.

We were allocated our seats two rows back from the windows and the gentleman seating us pointed out the direction in which we should be able to see the fireworks about 8pm. About 20 minutes later, the same gentleman came by to let us know he had a window seat available in the emergency exit and he thought it would give us excellent views of the NDP and fireworks display. He was right, it was far superior to our original seating and a real treat for us visitors from Australia!

We ordered rustic breads and condiments to start, the $140++ meat platter with mash, vegetables and condiments and a flaming baked Alaska to share for dessert as well as two bottles of wine (I drink white, my partner drinks red so we decided to splash out and get both).

The breads were very nice along with their dips - eggplant, radish, olives (not a fan). The different meats we requested on our meat platter were cooked to perfection (medium rare) and the sauces which accompanied them were mostly delicious especially the mushroom and foie gras. The only thing which we were disappointed in is that the meats could have been served hotter or kept on a hot plate because after they had been sliced by our server they weren't very warm. The mash was amazing however my partner felt that there was only enough served for one person, not two (even though it's a platter for two to share). It was spread across the platter which looked very pretty but there wasn't in actual fact much of it on the platter at all. The vegetables were very very tasty.

Our flaming baked Alaska was lit at our table and it was quite amazing to see the meringue "baking" in front of us. I thought this was an absolute treat and the dessert itself tasted amazing. The meringue could have been slightly better done as it was a little more like marshmallow than meringue but overall presentation and taste was top notch. The brownie underneath and the flavours of the strawberry and Madagascar vanilla ice cream were amazing. Yum!

Overall our bill came to just over $400 which is probably the most I have ever paid in a restaurant and the food wasn't quite up to the standard I would expect when you are paying that kind of money. Hence the four stars instead of five.

However I thoroughly enjoyed my evening, the servers were extremely helpful and friendly and we were lucky enough to be given window seats after all. Plus they let me take my half finished bottle of wine upstairs to the rooftop bar afterwards so we could finish our evening in style. They even took it upstairs for me and put it in a new bucket of ice when they sat us down. I was very impressed by this!

Thank you Stellar at 1 Altitude and a very Happy 49th Birthday to Singapore!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Wonderful restaurant with spectacular view of the city - both inside the restaurant and on the roof-top bar. The food was exceptional and the chef was very accommodating to my special menu requests, especially my requests for substitutions. The dessert presentation is a "must" - how the desserts are prepared is as enjoyable as eating them.

1  Thank Kristin T