“Stunning View, Good Service, Food Needs Work”

Stellar at 1-Altitude
Ranked #296 of 11,642 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Description: At Stellar our aim is to match the breath taking view with quintessential progressive Australian cuisine. Warm, knowledgeable, professional staff will extend genuine hospitality as they guide you through your dining experience. To present an original cuisine where texture, purity of flavour and quality of ingredients is paramount. WHAT IS PROGRESSIVE AUSTRALIAN CUISINE? “I always say that I cook in an ‘Australian way’. To me this means cooking with an open mind, being inspired by global flavours, always moving forward and cooking from the heart,” said Stellar’s Chef Christopher Millar, who hails from Melbourne Australia.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stellar is a great place to get a fabulous view of Singapore and to have an elegant and surprisingly (for the surrounds) inexpensive lunch.
Service was very good however the food needs a little attention. Not that it was bad, just not as good as you would expect from the surrounds and the menu. Slow braised ribs were still a bit chewy rather than melt in the mouth and the soup was a bit bland.
Maybe it was just an off day, everything tasted a bit under seasoned.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We chose the Stellar as I am skyscraper and view lover: I was not disappointed by this point with a seating right in front of MBS. We got a window table - a definitively must have I think ! (mini. charge per cover is superior if you have a window table).

We went for a 6 courses degustation menu (135$++). We did different choices on purpose. Great courses are salt beef (+15$), scallops, duck, truffles gnocchi. These were really good and would deserve 4 stars on tripadvisor. Unfortunately, they are also the others… 2 ways crab as a starter; nothing impressive, a king prawn salad; absolutely ridiculous, I think a 2 years old child can make green leaves and slice a king prawns in two, this course is almost an offense for the standard of the restaurant. Then lamb, almost raw and not warm enough, not specially tasty, sea bass was good. As desert we had the chocolate bomb and the Alaska something- nothing crazy but eatable. They "make" the desert in front of you, I am not sure it adds added value, it just raise expectations that there are not able to reach.

Overall, the service was good.
The temperature in the room was way too cold.

Bonus point: free access to the rooftop bar, view of course.
Minus: the standard of the food served is a shame for the potential of the place and the price paid.

Seeing the number of scenic view restaurants in Singapore, it is highly unlikely I will come back, I would prefer try others, being 100% sure that I will find better for this price.

1  Thank JulieLND
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Outstanding view, pleasant service, great food. Make sure you've got plenty of cash, alcohol in particular is very expensive.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I did not have a reservation but were seated at a lovely table. The service was impeccable.
Food was so delicious! It's pricey but definitely worth it. Have the bomb Alaska for dessert. Yum!
You can go up to the bar on the roof top for free after your meal.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Came here for a special occasion with my girlfriend. I ordered a 5 course tasting menu.... I ordered the eel and the scallops for the starter, both were excellent, then for the main I ordered the risotto. This was also exceptional. Desert however was a bit more disappointing, I ordered a creme brulee and their baked Alaska, the presentation for the desert was very good but the actual taste was a different matter. The creme brulee was average and the baked alaska was quite poor. Overall The meal was very nice I would just avoid the desert menu next time.

1  Thank Oliver D