“If in Singapore, do not miss.....”
Review of Alaturka

Alaturka
Ranked #833 of 10,792 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kampong Glam
Singapore, Singapore
“If in Singapore, do not miss.....”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I went to this place based on TripAdvisor reviews and it was a great decision. I and my wife visit the joint often. The Meze Tabagi (Salad platter) is as authentic as in the middle east. The lavash bread just adds to the taste and it is an experience to cherish. I also recommend the hot apple tea, sheesh-tavuk, falafel and Ayran (like salted buttermilk).

The ambience is very good too and it really feels like one in an Arab country. Having lived in the middle east I can vouch that the food is as authentic as can be. The owner is sweet and accommodating even when its full and we have no reservations. I do not eat beef and avoid lamb. So I stick to only chicken based dishes especially where the meat is not minced. The Ispanakli pide should be tried and falafel's are at their best. Prices are slightly high but reasonable.

Overall very good value for money.....and remember if you are in Singapore.....try this at least once. You will not regret it.

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Decent turkish food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Dined here with my wife and sister-in-law just a day ago. Nestled along the busy road of bussorah street, this restaurant oozes out middle eastern feel with its ambience. There were lots of Arabic artifacts hung on the wall and Arabic songs blaring in the background.

The menu was presented to us and ice water was served to us promptly. We ordered thr traditional Arabic mezze for starters and waitress helped us with the selection of main courses according to our preference.

We ordered a chicken kebab dish which came out with buttered rice and vegetables, a chicken wrap dish and a musaka, which had fried slices of egg plant, potatoes and shredded chicken with melted cheese on top. The arabic mezze was nice. The dips tasted fresh and subtly spiced. The main dishes were good too. The servings were huge.

Overall, it's a decent Turkish restaurant that serves variety of turkish dishes at a reasonable price.

Singapore, Singapore
“Turkey comes to Singapore”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I loved the food. The mezze platter with lavas bread is a must! Imam bayildi Aubergine dish is fab! Turkish tea, mint tea, falafel. Chicken sote was good. Beat Turkish food I have in Singapore! Staff is helpful. Ambience is decent. Wish it was a bigger place though. Booze isn't allowed inside but next door one can have alcohol.

Singapore, Singapore
“An insult to Arabian/Turkish cuisine”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I visited this restaurant with a colleague Sunday lunch time. We waited 25 minutes for a Meza (cold platter that takes 5 minutes to be prepared). Once served I noticed that there was no vine leaves as shown in the menu. They said that they run out then, however the waiter managed to find 1 somehow somewhere and brought it to me. it didn't come without lemon as it should have been. When I tasted the food I could tell it was not fresh. Dried vegetables, and all the 5 portions of hummous etc were a bit off. The tabuleh with chilly was absolutely off. The attitude of the staff was generally "don't ask me again im not bothered". I simply gave up and didn't want to complain. This restaurant does not deserve business. By the way I noticed two other tables complaining about their food too while we were there. Certainly non typical Arabian food, bad food, dirty uniform staff and expensive. They also charge you 10% service charge which is written in small characters on the last page of the menu.

“Awesome food!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is one of the favourite restaurants which I and my wife visit very often. The food is very tasty and healthy. Very authentic too!!

• Visited February 2014