River City Inn
$242
$173
  • Restaurant
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$187
$171
$241
$202
Fullerton Hotel
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$143
$129
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$227
$169
  • Restaurant
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$114
$528
$313
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
All reviewsclarke quaygreat locationflights of stairsno elevatorfree breakfastfemale dormpeanut buttercommon roomplace to stayhome away from homecentral locationhostelchinatownmrtcomputerscleanlinesscurtains
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Nice place to live. Warm accommodations from the two attendants (Cindy and the other one, I forgot her name) is worth noting for. Clean place, with all the stuffs (wifi, hot shower, clean toilets, etc.). I would definitely choose River City Inn again on my next trip!!!!!! The location is excellent because a lot of places is near on it.!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 4Ayet
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had a couple of days in Singapore between flights, and were worried about the legendary cost of the city. Luckily, we found River City Inn and booked a couple of nights in their hostel beds. We found the hostel's location very convenient, right in the heart of the city. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to, or take the metro when we needed to. The staff was incredibly friendly, and the beds were very clean and comfortable. There were lockers for each bed, and the wi-fi was quite good.
Security was good too, with keycards needed to access the hostel. Morning breakfast was basic but good, just make sure you wake up early enough (by 9am) to get some! We found most of the bread for toast had disappeared by that point.
We really enjoyed our stay there, and would recommend the hostel to anyone staying in Singapore on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary B
rivercityinn, Manager at River City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you for your review! Breakfast is available from 6am to 12 noon daily. If the dining area runs out of toast, just alert our friendly staff and we will bring you more any time. Safe travels!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at the River City Inn for 4 nights in the 26-person room. Though I was worried about the number of people in a room together, I found it surprisingly comfortable and quiet, most of the guests were respectful of noise levels and lights in the room. I appreciated having a power outlet for each bed, with an adapter and small light. The common areas and bathroom were very clean.

I would say that the wifi internet was extremely slow when I was there so it wasn't very convenient when I was researching sites to visit on my phone or ipad. Also the common areas are a bit dark and quiet, so there wasn't too much socializing in the common areas beyond breakfast time. I think they can make it brighter, especially at night.

Apart from these two complaints, I had a wonderful stay. The lockers and key cards were easy to use, breakfast was a good addition, and it was very easy to get to Chinatown for a quick bite and also the MRT.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed there five nights last February and really enjoyed it. Prime location; 1 minute from Clarke Quay subway station and 10 minutes from chinatown (which is great by the way, don't miss out). I was out of breath after the 2 staircases we need to climb to get there and the first thing the receptionist did was to get me a glass of water.. What a nice gesture! highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed at River City Inn twice, total for three weeks. Its located in heart of the city and very convenient. Staffs are very nice and friendly. Facilities are clean and light breakfast served everyday. It was the first time to stay at hostel and I was worried, but it was comfortable and I stayed twice!
The only one problem is that it is located on 4th floor and there is no elevator.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo