“Nice staff, nice location”
Review of River City Inn

River City Inn
Ranked #36 of 240 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very good location, just next to MRT station. Also, there are buses to almost every spots in Singapore, offering a cheaper option of transportation. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rate is reasonable with the service provided.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at this hostel for 2 nights in the 26 beds dorm. I was surprised it was actually pretty quiet and comfortable. There are free drinks. Wifi is fast. Good location, easy to get everywhere. But on the second night there was a guy who snored like the roaring from hellhounds so I couldn't sleep at all....but i guess this may happen in every hostel.......

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed for three nights. It's the best hostel I have ever stayed. The room is very clean. Great location.The staff are very nice. It became quiet after 11:30 PM. Will definitely stay in River City Inn next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was stay at RCI on March 2013 and now on this april i will be back to singapore and i will stay again in RCI. Recommended hostel in town, absolutely clean!!!.. The breakfast is so delicius i love the banana... thank you uncle jackie...

Room Tip: I prefer to choose B26 Bed. In the corner with more privacy...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hostel staff is just wonderful and professional. They give us a tour of the hostel, show us where everything is. The breakfast is better than any other hostels I have stayed. Hot, cold drinking water available all day makes it convenient. They respond very quickly at any request.
Don't get put off by the stairs up and the outside. It is clean but looks a bit beaten up. The inside is spotless and very safe. The shoes are left outside which is great. the bathrooms are large and very clean, with shampoo and soap and shelves....Nice showerhead too. I had an upper bunk and the mattress sinks a little bit in the middle.
It is a bit higher than the newer hostels that had just been opened with promotional rates but the good breakfast with chocolate and peanut butter and fruit makes up for it. The AC is turned off during the day and is not on until 10 pm which at that time is a bit hot to go to bed. But they turn it on earlier when we were hot. And the windows could be opened up to air out during the day to avoid the muggy smell. They have a nice communal area with AC on all day, for you to meet other travellers, and a classical guitar and many books. The place, on the overall, is excellent. By the way, it is located near a community center and park where you can take Tai chi or karaoke or yoga...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2013

At first, the thought of staying at a hostel made me feel queasy, but my time at River City Inn quelled all my fears. I was tavelling alone, and it was my first time in Singapore, and at the end of every long day, it felt like I was coming home. the facilities are well-maintained, the staff helped me find my way around the city. All the reviews here are true - from cleanliness to hospitality. River City Inn deserves all the high marks they've received.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a stopover, and have nothing but praise for this well-run hostel. It's easy to access via the MRT from Singapore airport. I arrived at around 11pm and asked for suggestions for somewhere to grab something to eat as I was hungry, and the wonderful lady working there insisted on making me some toast and a hot chocolate rather than me venture back out on the streets after my long flight. The hostel has a lovely central living area and is spotlessly clean. Will definitely stay here again.