“One of Singapore's best”

The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore
Ranked #1 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed July 29, 2011

On a recent business trip to Singapore I was fortunate enough to spend the night at The Fullerton Bay Hotel. Wow, this hotel is sensational. Rooms are extremely good, super comfy bed, great views of the Marina Bay area and some great restaurants. The rooftop bar and pool are fantastic, a great place for a drink after a days work. Service was excellent, definately think it is one of Singapore's best.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AndMat
There are newer reviews for The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Had a staycation at this hotel as a surprise from my husband for our wedding anniversary - as such, I may be biased due to the fond occasion and memories of it, but I do believe my great impressions of this hotel are well justified.

There are few other lobbies in the many hotels I've stayed in that has taken my breath away as this place does. Beautiful glittering mosaic tiles, grand chandeliers and their specially curated scent wafts through the air. Staff were polite and extremely hospitable.

The rooms were a treat, luxurious and contemporarily designed, with Molton Brown toiletries, a view of the Marina Bay skyline (which may not apply for all rooms), a Nespresso machine that we fully abused, and extremely thoughtful touches like a bathtub caddy, laptop handrest and so forth.

As locals, we ventured out to our familiar haunts for food instead of dining in the hotel, although the Lantern bar that is perched by the beautiful pool would be a hit if only for the amazing view.

Considering the needs of tourists or foreign visitors, I would definitely recommend a stay at the Fullerton Bay Hotel even if it isn't located within the popular shopping belt. Its a short cab ride away from shopping areas, museums and gives you an alternative point of view of the CBD crowd. Not to mention a short stroll takes you to Customs House or One Fullerton where there is Starbucks, and great restaurants like Overeasy and Kinki - and of course, the Merlion which I suppose would be a great tourist haunt to indulge in.

The only drawback - would be the layout of the hotel that has some sections facing inwards that renders the walkways dark at times. Also, being perched on a waterfront of a sea of water that isn't exactly blue and crisp but a little muggy and 'green' instead, it does affect the overall aesthetic of the hotel, albeit an uncontrollable factor.

Room Tip: Request for a room with unobstructed/minimal obstruction to the marina bay view
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is top notch. As the CEO of a health travel logistics company that coordinates high net worth individual executive checkups, I did an impromptu reservation without any fanfare. I discovered that I can send clients to this hotel in total confidence that they will enjoy their stay, their surroundings, and receive the class of service for which this hotel is known. I don't have to belabor stiff contracts with them, they just do the right things.

Room Tip: the rooms are beautifully appointed, electric curtains open to the waterfront, nespresso pod coffema...
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AskMariaTodd
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The Fullerton Bay in one of the best hotels I have stayed in and that is saying a lot. You can pay thousands of Euro's for great service or simply come to the Fullerton Bay.

Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted by Ifa and Henderson. After a quick check-in, I was shown to my room and all the features were explained. The room was absolutely gorgeous, quite possibly the best design I have seen so far!

Even tough the room was great, the staff were absolutely amazing! Front Desk agents always remembered my name and used it, when I was walking by. The evening doorman acknowledged that I was a hotel guest and gave me priority taxi service. The Bar Manager in the Landing Point/Lantern always recognized me and provided fantastic service. The seating hostess at Lantern remembered me from an evening at Lantern, greeted me by name as I was enjoying the pool and offered to make another reservation for Lantern. As I was late for my 3rd evening reservation at Lantern, they had no table and were then apologetic about providing me with what I thought was the best table in the house (the private elevated table near the DJ).

Overall, all the staff at Fullerton Bay were amazing! I have only experienced this level of VIP treatment when staying in a Ritz-Carlton Presidential Suite. It is absolutely amazing that they can make all guests feel like VIP's!

Cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Its worth the upgrade to get a room with a view. Stunning!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank pek1
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The rooms are a good size, very comfortable and the hotel is very quiet. We were fortunate enough to get an upgrade to a ground floor corner room with infinity jacuzzi (unheated thankfully) and views over the harbour. Staff were very friendly and volunteered to help us plan our visit to Singapore. Bed was exceptionally comfortable. Breakfast is a bit mediocre and the roof terrance bar is over-priced (GBP14 for a cocktail before tax & service) so it's better to go out for lunch and dinner beverages/dining as there are many dining options are closeby. Recommended.

Room Tip: Ground floor corner suite with infinity pool is excellent
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I had little preparation before reserving this hotel and the trip to Singapore, so I settled with deluxe room, with the lowest rate. The room was stylish and spacious, equipped with all the good amenities provided in other rooms such as nespresso and wide selection of Gryphon tea. I especially loved a BOSE speaker set in which you could connect your iPod and enjoy the music I brought with me. However, deluxe rooms are NOT harbor view. I thought it was alright.....until the night fell.

The room is great in the morning and afternoon, but never after 6 p.m. There are open-air bars and restaurants in adjaceant Customs House... you could see them from your room. The sound of booming music from stereo sets and people's loud voice and giggling could be heard until late at night. I stayed a Friday night and was literally attacked by the sound coming from an open-air party held on the building's roof which went on until around midnight.

Otherwise I've enjoyed most of my stay, including a brief bartime at Lantern, rooftop hermitage with superb view of the marina. It is only a few minutes walk from Raffles Place MRT station and traditional Hawker station Lau Pa Sat is also 5-minutes walk away, where I enjoyed exotic foods.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2011

After the busy tourist trap world at Marina Bay Sands, the fullerton Bay was like a paradise. the rooftop pool, with the sunloungers inside it, the service, the friendliness of the staff, made for a much more peaceful weekend break after a week of work in Singapore. The rooms are amazing and the hotel is ideally located also

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business