“Pretty bad”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I moved opposite La Villa 6 months ago and decided to give it a shot as it looked lovely. Unfortunately I was extremely disappointed. Here's why:

1. The service was agonisingly slow
2. The staff stared at their feet so you couldn't get their attention
3. Breads and dips were forgotten and came 20 mins after we sat down
3. The appetisers came after the main course
4. The pizzas where extremely greasy
5. Pretty pricey

I asked for the service charge to be removed after all this, they said they wouldn't, but would give me a 10% discount of the bill instead (which was the same value). A bit strange.

Suffice to say I won't be returning. Had it been good I almost certainly would have been a regular!

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I love the location but food was average and they ripped us off.
My son had a small portion of penne with meat sauce, he finished all the pasta so we asked for a few more plain penne to add to the sauce. When the bill came they had charged us for 2 portions at $20, so his meal was more than my main pasta at $32.
Not impressed.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

One of my fav dine out but their quality has dropped terribly. Heard their Italian chief left.
Used to dine there at least 1-2 times per month but stopped visiting since July'2013.
The place is still pretty packed on weekends for dinner though.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Read online that this restaurant was due to close for the new MRT and it sounded an interesting location - in an old secondary school on River Valley Road..
In my minds eye I'd imagined a period building but it's actually a 70's style three story block..not beautiful but the restaurant itself looked quite nice - apart from the strong smell of moth balls that greeted us on arrival - although the dining room was fine.
We had a nice table overlooking the terrace and the waiter was happy to serve iced water (one of my pet hates is restaurants that only served and sell bottled water!).
We ordered chicken salad @ $19 and were presented with a lacklustre bowl of leaves, one small sliced tomato, three small cubes of feta, a few pine nuts and four micro slices of chicken!
The staff poured water throughout but we all felt they place and staff have already left the building - no atmosphere, dull food and general disinterest. The girl on reception didn't even look up as we left.
Sad that buildings are being demolished to make way for the new MRT but really this place is no loss.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Unforchunately it's closing soon so get in there quick! A good family free flow brunch with their bouncy castle and large grass area for the kids to play in. For a full write up check out the link below: