“Nice venue, tasty but food was cold!”
Review of La Villa - CLOSED

La Villa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
SIngapore
“Nice venue, tasty but food was cold!”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

A very nice venue in what was previously a school!! The Italian menu is very nice with lots of tasty looking options. All reasonably priced too. Even the wine is not tooooooo over the top! The staff are very attentive and did a good job.

This was all let down by the food coming to the table COLD!!!!

• Visited March 2012

Santa Barbara
“Awful Sunday brunch, although nice outdoor space for the kids”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Buffet was uninviting and pointless, couldn't taste the eggs. Really disappointing because with the outdoor space for the kids, great location, etc. this could be a fabulous place for brunch.

• Visited August 2011
Singapore, Singapore
“Good ambiance, average food”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

La Villa can be a great restaurant given it's location and surroundings. So I decided to take my parents who were visiting us in Singapore. I was quite upbeat as La Villa, which is set in the premises of an old school and has alfresco dining, belongs to same group as Senso, La Nonna and Spizza.

As we'd taken cocktails and bites elsewhere, we got down to the main course right away. We ordered a premium meat platter, a veal Rigatoni and a vegetarian burger. My wife who's a vegetarian confirmed with the steward that the burger was a patty and not just stir fried vegetables as the menu seemed to indicate. Upon getting an assurance she went ahead with her order. Surprisingly the steward didn't bother to ask me the 'done-ness' for my platter, which according to me is the most important aspect of eating a steak.

When the food was served, my wife's burger wasn't a burger patty, but just vegetables. The Rigatoni was good, but nothing exceptional. The meat platter was quite filling, however, I wish that the meat wasn't as well done. Well, if I do go again, I'll ensure that I tell them how I want it.

For desserts we had a Torta which was a lemon tart. It was slightly sourer than I would've liked and hence I didn't enjoy that much.

The service was just like most other Singapore restaurants, nothing exceptional. The one drawback that I sensed was that if you are taking elderly people do make sure that you have your transport as it's difficult to even call a taxi as the lines are usually busy on weekend evenings and the walk to the main road is about 5-10 minutes for them.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Traveleator
“Italy in Singapore”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I went there last week for a romantic dinner and i have to say that this is the place to bring a date during the week.
We were sitting outside and had an amazing choice of wine and food. I most certainly recommend the sole and sharrign a couple of appetizers.

This is a great location in singapore !!!

• Visited January 2011
Singapore, Singapore
“Great italian food in a singapore heaven”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I was in La Villa last week. This is a great restaurant to have good time and good food with friends. I loved the terrace it is a perfect place to have a drink, you can also eat there. You are close on river valley but in a nice and quiet garden.
The food is great. We shared starters with friends, I recommend the carpaccio. I had pastas, there were delicious. I would also recommend the pana cotta, just ask for extra starwberries, it is even better. You can find a large choice of wines for all budget.
If you are looking for good italian food and a nice place, you must go there.

• Visited January 2011