Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Basic, no frills, small rooms, cold aircon, about a 10 minute walk to the Lavender LRT stop. Not a bad place for a single budget traveler to spend a cheap night. There are more upscale budget options in the area, this one is around back and up an elevator from a tire shop.

Room tip: not really, I took what I was given, it worked for me.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
ArkHostelSingapore, Guest Relations Manager at Ark Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2016

There has since been a refurbishment and change of management since Dec 2015. This review is outdated.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Had a satisfied 3-day stay at the hostel with my partner. Place was clean and service was good. Staff were accomodating to our requests.

Best of all, the price was decent and location was superb, close to the city and many eating areas around.

Overall, enjoyed the vacation in Singapore very much, and would return to Ideal Backpackers again on my next visit.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Our Malaysian friend recommend this hostel to us when we told him we are going to Singapore. It is reasonable price and location is convenient. We stayed there for 2 nights, and we find it is reasonably good. We like the Malay staff at the reception counter, he is very nice to direct us the direction to places that Zoo, Sentosa.

Room tip: Laundry is $5, including washer and dryer
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Reviewed August 6, 2012

it was a very last min vacation i had decided to take on hence, most of the accommodation which I wanted to book are very expensive. Thankfully I found Ideal Backpackers Hostel, it was easy and convenient to make reservation and for the price, I think its a fine place to stay. location is very good as mentioned in several reviews. have fun to those who want go singapore. enjoy yourself.

Date of stay: July 2012

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on this place, when I needed to stop in SIN on my way to UAE. Location is good, near the train station. There are also many places to eat around, and being in Geylang area, a lot of nightclubs around.I only slept and took shower and was basically away most of the day. The room I was assigned to was damp, moldy. Showers are communal and the place look like really sleazy, I agree with previous reviewer. This place is good only if you will stay for 1-2nights, and if you will be away most of the day. otherwise the rate is not worth it, as some places are cheaper, I believe. The young man on the reception was friendly and nice though, also the free internet on the reception area is appreciated.

Room tip: better request for a single room if you are alone
Date of stay: February 2012