“Wow”

Wanderlust
Ranked #96 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you are looking to experience the grace, charm, gentleness and hospitality that epitomizes Singapore then look no further that the Wanderlust. From the moment you step onto the scrupulously clean steps that form part of the historical front of the building, and enter the lobby - be prepared to be greeted warmly and genuinely by the reception staff. Take in the funky yet tasteful decor and be surprised when you open the lift door! The creativity and aesthetics continue as you enter the impeccably clean and well appointed rooms where everything is provided right down to the toothbrush.
To add to this the breakfast is to die for and the presentation embraced the French theme with integrity.
The icing on the cake was the excellent service from every member of the staff!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank J2NewZealand
UnlistedCollection, Manager at Wanderlust, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear J2NewZealand,

Greetings from the team at Wanderlust!
Thank you for your fantastic compliments!

We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time staying with us and that your stay could not have been more perfect. The juxtaposition of the conservation building against the funky and quirky designs of the interior is truly something unique, and we are really happy that you were absolutely taken by it. The team also appreciates your feedback about the excellent service delivery and we hope to further impress you should you next return.

Thank you once again, and we hope to be of service to you again soon!

Unlisted Collection: Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in the wanderlust, very cool lobby and restaurant with lots of designer itens. Tasty semi-buffet breakfast with fresh croissants, eggs, pancakes and fruits. We stayed in the black room, maybe a bit dark. ;) Toilet and shower are directly in the room, so for 2 people it could be a bit close... About 10 min walk to bugis and little india mrt stations, so pretty easy to reach changi airport. All in all, cool experience and recommendable.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank dd206cc
UnlistedCollection, Manager at Wanderlust, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear dd206cc,

Warm hellos from Wanderlust!
Thank you for your kind feedback and recommendation.

We are truly glad that you had a great stay with us, and that you enjoyed the breakfast at Cocotte. We hope to be of service to you again when you are next in town!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

After spending 3 nights in a pokey hotel at almost half the price ($140AU a night), we decided to treat ourselves to a night at Wanderlust ($260AU). Perhaps we should have stayed there more.

I had booked a Whimsical room and was given the typewriter version - it was very cute. When we were given our room, we were just in awe of the amount of space we now had. Singapore is such a full-on city, so it was a great relief to come back to your 'own space' after running around all day.

To my surprise breakfast and wifi was also included in the room rate which in the end probably made the cost more reasonable. The breakfast was delicious (I highly recommend the pancakes with salmon and maple syrup). We also had lunch there, before we flew out the following day, it was delicious and reasonably priced. Some people will find eating out in Singapore quite expensive, but coming from Perth, Western Australia we have found the prices quite normal. I wish we had enjoyed their food even more so given they have a lovely pastrie and cakes section. In fact, if you are in Little India - just go straight to Cocotte (their restaurant) for lunch.

Some of the staff weren't exactly buzzing with warmth and energy, but they certainly weren't rude. If you're expecting them to 'suck up' to you because of what you've payed, you might be disappointed. We were just relieved to find a nice quiet retreat from all the mayhem outside.

After reading a few negative reviews I was quite cautious to book Wanderlust - but we now wish we had stayed there for at least 2 nights. It will ultimately come down to what you can afford, but I believe it was worth the treat.

Good luck with your travels!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Munzy
Dear Munzy,

Hellos from Wanderlust!
Thank you for your positive review.

We are pleased that you had a wonderful time staying with us in our Typewriter Whimsical room, and to hear that you loved the food at Cocotte. On the other hand, we are disappointed to note that your experiences with the team were less than satisfactory. Here at Wanderlust, we aim for service excellence, so you can be certain that your feedback has been related to the relevant department and will be addressed accordingly.

We hope to have another opportunity to further impress you should your travels bring you back to Singapore.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have been wanting to stay at Wanderlust for the longest time and I specially booked the Whimsical Loft as I wanted to stay at the Space themed room for my anniversary with my boyfriend. I even confirmed with the staff via email that we will be getting the Space room.

I arrived at the hotel close to 3pm, ready to check in. To my greatest disappointment, I was told by the front desk staff that the entire hotel is experiencing an electricity shut down and all the rooms on the 4th floor is out of order - which means there are no Whimsical Lofts available at all. She added that she would have to move us to a smaller room; which is to my greatest dismay. I have booked Wanderlust with the purpose of staying in the Whimsical Lofts as I have no interest in the other lower category rooms. They told us to take a seat while they see if they can arrange something different - either move us to their sister properties, Hotel 1929 or New Majestic Hotel.

After 5 minutes or so, we were told that they will be moving us to New Majestic and it will be the Attic Suite at New Majestic so there won't be any downgrade. I was this close to canceling my stay with them as my mind just went blank. It was something that I had planned beforehand for my anniversary and did not expect this.

While I appreciate the kind gesture and arrangements made for us, I am still disappointed that the hotel did not call us beforehand to inform us about this shutdown. I felt that it was the least that you could do, especially if I had went to great lengths in my reservation. While New Majestic might be a more expensive hotel, I hope the management understands that it's a total different experience at Wanderlust and New Majestic. I had booked this stay cation, bearing in mind with the unique themes at Wanderlust.

I sincerely hope that the Wanderlust can undertake better prevention measures or at least warn the guests first prior to their arrival as the disappointment is greater when you arrive to know that the room/hotel that you have booked for have nothing to cater to you and you would have to be moved to another hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank butterandfly
Dear butterandfly,

Warm greetings from the team at Wanderlust!
We appreciate you taking time out to write this review and value your feedback.

We tried calling you several times prior to your arrival to inform you of the imminent power shutdown and closure of the fourth floor that both resulted from an unforeseen mechanical fault, but we were unable to get a hold of you. We regret the inconvenience caused and understand your disappointment in not being able to stay in our Whimsical room.

Whilst we have noted that you did enjoy your stay at New Majestic Hotel, we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to impress you at Wanderlust.

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

From the outside, the hotel looks fine. Even the lobby is ok, with a nice French restaurant and patisserie. The walk to the room is very interesting as each door on my floor was a distinct pantone color. My cyan room had everything in cyan, from neon lights to floor and wall tiles.

The room itself is pretty small, with a double that that occupied 1/2 the space. there is a separate toilet and shower area which is nice.

The real downer was the amount of noise at night as there is an open air restaurant on the ground floor right next to my room (I was on 3F). the noise easily lasted until 2-3am, which bothered me a lot. I did use the supplied earplugs, but it was not enough to filter out all the noise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael W
UnlistedCollection, Manager at Wanderlust, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Michael W,

Greetings from Wanderlust!
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. The capsule-like layout of our Pantone rooms is very unconventional, but with each floor of the hotel designed by a different local design agency, you may find the more spacious rooms in our other room categories more to your liking.

The streets are rather lively in the evenings, and as such, we would be happy to offer and assist with a room change to a quieter room in the back of the hotel. We are definitely doing what we can to eradicate the noise issue that you experienced.

We hope to be of service to you again when you are next in town!

India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Beautiful hotel and lovely staff. Stayed here for 3 nights before taking a star cruise. We liked the food, ambience and the staff. The place is decorated really well and is kept spic and span. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good too. It's located in Little India which is a good place to wander about. There's a bus stop and 2 MRT stations close by. It's not a big hotel but the space has been used really well.
The staff helped with directions and information about attractions. Even made some phone calls for me when I wanted to make some bookings and buy some tickets online.
I had a little wound on my toe from an old accident which started to bleed the second night we were there. One of the staff members bandaged it for me which I thought was very very nice of her.
We stayed in the White Rom on floor 2. The room is small but very clean. The shower and toilet have glass enclosures so it is difficult to share with just anyone. There wasn't any space to put the luggage though.
I definitely recommend this hotel for it's location, cleanliness and most of all the service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank IndiGlo17
UnlistedCollection, Manager at Wanderlust, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear IndiGlo17,

Warm greetings from Wanderlust!
Thank you for your generous compliments.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us immensely, and that you were greatly impressed by the service provided by the team. It’s always a pleasure for us to hear that we made our guests’ stay in Singapore memorable and delightful.

We hope to host you again when you are next in town!

Coolangatta, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

This quirky hotel in the middle of the hustle and bustle that is Little India, located next to an eatery and in between local shops. There is no sleep in this area and is very loud at all hours, though staff provide ear plugs to help with the noise. We stayed in a mono origami room and an all white room illuminated by LED lighting that changes colors is an entertaining concept. The room itself is sparsely furnished but comfortable, the bed being the most comfortable hotel be I have ever slept in! The bathroom is a large shower and toilet combined, with the sink being outside of the bathroom proper. The toiletry supplies smell wonderful, and the mini bar is stocked with assorted drinks and a nespresso machine that are stocked daily and included in the room price. Staff are wonderful and friendly and willing to help out at all times, even organizing a packed breakfast for us upon check out due to our early flight. The restaurant is wonderful and breakfast is an option of buffet cereal, pastries and toast and a cooked meal also, we highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
UnlistedCollection, Manager at Wanderlust, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear TheJamms_13,

Hellos from Wanderlust!
Thank you for the fantastic compliments!

We are really pleased to have made your stay in Singapore a memorable and enjoyable one. The Origami rooms are indeed rather quirky, and we are glad to hear that you appreciated the concept as well as the amenities provided in the room. We are also grateful for your kind comments about the personalized service provided by the team.

We definitely look forward to having you with us again soon!