“Excellent for diners who seek a cozy and peaceful dining environment!”
Review of Palio - MOVED

Palio
Cuisines: Italian, Tunisian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We bring in seasonal ingredients all the way from Italy to showcase the authentic Tuscan and sumptuous variety of traditional Italian cuisine.
Singapore
“Excellent for diners who seek a cozy and peaceful dining environment!”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

As I have overseas friends coming to stay at Resorts World Sentosa for a week, I managed to find this restaurant where I can bring them for lunch.

In my opinion, Palio has successfully showcased the uniqueness and traditional taste of Italian culture. With relatively big servings, the meal would definitely be value-for-money. Service is warm and the staff is able to effectively recommend several signature dishes which are exclusive to Palio. Most importantly, the ambience is excellent for diners who seek a cozy and peaceful dining environment.

As for the food, I ordered Porcini, a cream mushroom soup. I have heard about how Porcini is being highly appreciated in Italian cooking. But still, I was quite amazed by how the dish turned out. With a thick soup base, Porcini has a pretty rich Tuscan taste which stays in your mouth. The cream-based soup is a strong alternative for diners who do not like tomato-based soups. There are also small bits of mushrooms that give it a nice texture. The serving is relatively generous, compared to some other restaurants which I have dined at before. It is a must-try for mushroom lovers!

Being a pasta lover, I didn’t hesitate to call for Pici, which is one of Palio's signature dishes. Served with crayfish meat and zucchini in saffron cream sauce, the dish appears to be a unique blend between Western and Central Asia. The hay-like and sweet saffron is the key leader of the pasta sauce, with little elements of usual cream sauce. In addition, its luminous appearance makes the entire dish very appealing. The traditional pasta is served in shorter but thicker pieces and it is evenly mixed with the pasta sauce. With a hearty portion, the dish can be quite filling.

All in all, my friends and I had a really great time catching up at Palio and I will definitely be back for a second try!

• Visited June 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Restaurant to Avoid...”
Reviewed March 20, 2011

From the time we entered the restaurant when it was nearly empty, the service was almost nonexistant. With two children and four adults, it took repeated attempts to even get a service staff member to our table. The pasta came before the soup, and when we asked to see the manager, he quickly came and then left...with another ten minutes to wait for the soup. Another pasta arrived and then a thirty minute wait for the pizzas, which were too salty to enjoy. One pizza was missing and my guest had to go and find the manager to demand that something be done before another hour had passed by. There were restaurant staff falling all over themselves and nobody knew what to do or how to do it. Give this one a miss! JS Singapore

Visited March 2011
1 Thank janetstride
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Restaurant with food and service!”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I went there for a dinner with my husband and his family whose in town for a few weeks and we were enjoying the dinner so much!! The foods are great and the service from the staffs are brilliant!! So helpful and full of knowledge of their restaurant product. So impressive!! The pizza which is their most recommended is really good!! and their dessert really should try their Tiramitsu cake. Its the best cake i have!