“Disappointing, a significant drop in quality.”

Fo You Yuan Vegetarian Restaurant (Lavender Street)
Ranked #4,435 of 11,275 Restaurants in Singapore
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I ate at this restaurant two years ago and was amazed at the high quality and range of Chinese vegetarian food it offered. However, two years later, this place has suffered under poor management and perhaps even a change in chefs. Essentially, the food is not good. My hot and sour soup was like soup made with tomato ketchup and flour, with a few mushrooms thrown in. If I didn't know better, I would say they use food coloring because the soup was bright florescent red. Give this place a miss, it's really expensive and it's no longer worth a visit.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife's brother has lived in Singapore for many years and he is a vegetarian. He has eaten in many places all over Singapore and when it comes to chinese, this restaurant gets a full 5* rating. Whenever we visit from the UK, we always go to this restaurant as it is just so good. If you like chinese food and you are a vegetarian then you simply must visit this establishment.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was at Fo You Yuan Vegetarian Restaurant with someone to discover the secret unique plant-based dishes … This is how I lured her here as she has not tasted sugar cane flower before. Yes, we were there to appreciate the Sugar Cane Flower!

We were lucky that the sugar cane flower is available, as this is a seasonal dish.

Initially we ordered the Sugar Cane Flower with Mushroom @ S$12 and tasted the Sugar Cane Flower. Wanting to know how the sugar cane flower tastes like without other vegetables and sauce, we ordered the Sugar Cane Flower (Original) @ S$12.

How does it taste? A secret – do discover the goodness by trying it.

It was a lovely lunch and the other dishes we ordered was delicious as well.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The restaurant quite good and healthy because only veggies. But family and I found it a bit expensive. Some dishes more expensive than meat. Taste is good. I recommend the noodles. Many kinds there.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have eaten at the restaurant near the hotel where we're working three times. The service is almost too accommodating. There's a wide range of vegan choices, and the food is delicious. They start you out with a plate of seaweed/tofu skin crisps and pickled veggies. You can choose brown or white rice when you order. Because of their orientation they don't cook with garlic and I found I missed the taste a bit, but there was plenty of flavour in our dishes even so. Loved the beancurd knots with kai lan and the eggplant that was stir fried and then placed back into the scooped out steamed eggplant shell.

1  Thank Kiwio_on_tour