“Megical ! just perfect !”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #41 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Dont miss the club room ! its completley upgrade the all vaction ! the service are perfect ....

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bulkita

Reviewed January 28, 2011

Without a doubt the hotel looks spectacular and the rooftop pool is amazing. Unfortunately the service was lousy. I travelled with 2 friends and booked for all 3 of us from Australia. When we checked in the room was only set up for 2, and we were told we had to move furniture around and make up the pullout bed ourselves, we were even told to contact housekeeping to organise linen ..... I'm sorry, when I'm paying $500 a night in a 5 star hotel I don't make up my own bed. After 3 hours of no action, I relented, moved the furniture and pulled out the bed but stopped at that, eventually someone came to make up the bed. Then, despite constantly requesting extra water, towels, robe, coffee mug etc for our third person, they never arrived during our 3 day stay! But that's not all ..... There was a horrible stench that frequently wafted out of the drains in the bathroom (yike!) and the floor in the shower had some black grime on it (could see shoe footprint in the gunge), that should not happen in a 5 star hotel. When we checked out and expressed our disappointment at the service we were asked to excuse them as they are a new hotel still learning, again, I'm sorry, but if you are a 5 star hotel and you are still learning, then don't charge 5 star room fees!! Quite frankly 10 months operation is long enough to be getting customer service right. All that said, the hotel is lovely, the rooms and bathrooms are spacious, its just the service that we were extremely disappointed with.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank NadineCrew
Reviewed January 27, 2011

The hotel lobby is like busy street market, you could not find a waiting lounge for you to rest. Hotel only allows you to check-in after 3pm but wants you to check out by 11am. The services are super lousy, does not match to the hotel standard. If I have the choice, I will not go back to this hotel.

3  Thank PenangHoon
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Excellent food and beverages at the Club. Good value for money when booking club room and suite .
If having any problem during your stay either with luggage, getting a room etc-please contact Mr Selim Atias at The Club- an excellent host.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I have lived in Singapore and stayed in many of the hotels. Singapore hotels are known for their quality service. This hotel however is the exception. I stayed here for a business conference and had the worst service experience of my life. I was told to come back three times over three hours to check into my room which was not made available until 5pm. After complaining the supervisor upgraded my room. When you have travelled a long distance all you want to do is get to your room and shower! A bad first impression. The room itself was lovely, but not worth the room rates that are being charged given the quality of service across the board.

Pros
Spectacular pool area and great views!
Nice room.

Cons
Terrible service - train your staff!!
Too far away from the action in Singapore.
A lot of construction in the area.
Overpriced.

There are far better value five star hotels in Singapore. Stayed at the Oriental this time last year and it was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Jenny K
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Stayed there on 22/1, had 3 rooms with young children. 23/1 after breakfast went back to room to change, left wallet in handbag in the room. Came back & found out wallet gone. Took MBS 1/2 hr to come to my room, nothing was given during the wait even juice. I was frantically calling HK to cancel all my cards. Requested to view CCTV footage but wasn't allowed. Checked out and file police report. Wallet found 25/1 with explanation that it was in the room which was ridiculous. It took housekeeping 2 days to turn the room around to find a wallet and there were 8 adults searching that day so how could they return the wallet 2 days later with NO EXPLANATION. I called MBS 3 times to demand to speak with senior mgt but no one bothered to return my call. I wld rather they admit it was an internal staff but not assume I am dumb & blind for not being able to see my own wallet. There was no follow up and nothing was done to appease me who had to paid IDD calls to cancel calls and all the inconvenience caused. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone eventhough I am a fellow Singaporean residing in Hong Kong.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Tiffany-Wong
Reviewed January 25, 2011

This hotel is a must visit once in the lifetime. Location is amazing, overlooking the marina bay and opposite the Merlion & Fullerton Hotel, it gives an great view of the Singapore skyline. The building architecture itself leaves one breathless - both from the outside and the inside. The best part of the hotel is the SkyPark @ 57th floor with the pool seeming as if ending on the edge of the building roof. One can also have an amazing view of Singapore harbour and the skyline from the SkyPark as well as dine in some great restaurants. The rooms are also very very large, spacious and luxurious including the bathrooms - fit for a king. All in all, this hotel is a must experience at least once in the lifetime. Price is high, suited for the luxury it offers. The shopping center has luxury and expensive brands. The hotel has a very large convention center and conference area as well as a Casino where there is free entry for residents. The only minor drawback is that the only mode of the hotel connecting to the city is cabs / buses unless one is ready to walk about 15 mins to the nearest MRT. Well, the walk is worth it and not a bad option.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business