“Genuine 5 Star hotel”

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #36 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
“Genuine 5 Star hotel”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

1 star reviews of this place should be taken as evidence that people will complain about anything, no matter how good it really is.

We would have loved to stay here longer, but it was a bit of a special thing as part of a long trip so we only stayed a night. The room was great, huge comfortable beds and a ridiculous bathroom with a fantastic view (we were on the 47th floor, facing out over the Gardens). The infinity pool is worth the stay all by itself. Yes, it gets crowded, but where else can you swim with that view? It gets crowded because it is a one of a kind experience. The included breakfast actually allowed us to eat up on the Sky Deck too (which would have normally been a $50pp gourmet breakfast), and the food was as good as the view. All the staff we dealt with were excellent and honestly food and beverage up on the top was a similar price to the 3 star place we stayed previously in Singapore. On check in, we were told that the only rooms available at the time were lower down, but the staff offered to check us into the higher room if we were happy to wait, which was nice. Well worth it for the experience, but it's a great hotel as well.

Room Tip: If you can, go as high as possible.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Shawn_Ng, Associate Director – Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Nick B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and feedback with us.

I am delighted to learn that you and your friends enjoyed your stay in one of our garden view rooms as well as your time at the Sands SkyPark infinity pool.

Service is a top priority for us and I am pleased to note that our Team Members’ service standards consistently met your expectations throughout your stay with us.

I look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back soon to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,310)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Luxury, clean, welcoming staff from the door step until the room and the best city view. Also if you love shopping there is a shopping mall attached...don't forget to check the hotel pool number one attraction in Singapore...

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Jamal_Koe
Thank you for your review, Jamal_Koe.

I am glad to learn that you enjoyed a great stay with us and that your wonderful experience began the moment you arrived and carried on throughout your stay at Marina Bay Sands.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon for more great stays.
Tulcea
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Even though the services didn't always meet our expectations, the visit was definitely worth it because of the breathtaking architecture and views the hotel offered. Definetly coming back in the future.

Dear dorobantusilviu,

Thank you for sharing your review here.

Though I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Marina Bay Sands, I am disappointed to learn that your stay with us was not a complete success.

Service is a top priority for us so please rest assured that we are continually fine-tuning our processes to ensure better efficiency and service quality for all our service touch points.

I look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones back soon for more successful stay experiences.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Great views from the room, skypark and infinity pool.
Room was spacious and comfortable, although a little pricey - comes with the status.
Infinity pool and deck was rather over-crowded; maybe a testimony of the popularity of the hotel.

1 Thank PhilipLow
Thank you for your review, PhilipLow.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your time at the Sands SkyPark infinity pool. Please be assured that we continue to review ways to better manage the crowds on property.

I look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones back soon.
Reviewed August 28, 2014

The view from our room at the 47th Floor was so perfect! The room filled with the reflection of the city lights at night was absolutely gorgeous. The bed was so comfortable and the room itself has all the facilities that we needed at the time. The bathroom was huge and the toiletries - a lot of it, were very welcome after walking non-stop in a sun-kissed city!

MBS is a perfect and awesome place but I hope they'll do something with their check-in procedure. The check in section of the hotel is a bit chaotic, tons of people lining up and yep, some will really have a late check in. I guess this is the common negative review about the hotel but the luxury after checking in is worth the wait. Fortunately for us, the check-in procedure was a bit fast and contrary to some of the reviews we read, our bags were already at our room when we went up. Of course, the check in time that is quite late (3:00 PM) and the check out which is so impossibly early (11:00 AM) is always something a guest can rant about.

Everything at the top most floor, the 52nd floor, the infinity pool, the kudeta and the other restaurant, i think its name is The Rise, are all excellent. The kudeta, the club of the hotel is perfect for a night out. The breakfast buffet at the Rise (if i remember it right) is ok, many choices. The infinity pool, the amazing infinity pool is the best. Just catch it in the early morning because it tends to be so crowded because imagine the hotel has three tower, that over a thousand guests, and it only have one infinity pool. So better choose the morning swim when everything is fresh in the truest sense of the word.

MBS is a landmark hotel and I guess, staying on it, at least once in your life, is A MUST. The hotel price and everything in it might not be that cheap but every penny is really worth it.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors (45 and up), since the lower levels tend to have obstructed view. Swim ea...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WormZy R
Dear WormZy R,

Thank you for sharing your review and feedback with us.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed a wonderful stay in one of our city view rooms as well as your time at the Sands SkyPark.

I note your feedback regarding our check-in procedures. Rest assured that we are continuously fine-tuning our processes to enhance the efficiency and service quality of all our service touch points.

Nonetheless, I look forward to welcoming you and your loved one back soon to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I enjoyed my stay very much as the dekuxe room I stay was spacious abd very clean but I feel that the hotel should have included free breakfast for the price I paid @$246++. Also security is not so strict. Many times tourists without the room key followed me into the lift and waited for me to slot in my room card to access tgevtower.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review and feedback, MadamOng.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Deluxe Rooms. I note your feedback regarding our security procedures. Please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate department heads for their review and attention.

I look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones back soon.
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here mainly because we were going to waku ghin for dinner and wanted somewhere close by. It was just a quick stopover for us, we stayed only 2 nights as we were on our way to London. The first night we checked in very late 9pm and was very tired from our flight, it wasn't quite the check in I wanted they informed us our room wasn't ready it hadn't been cleaned; in any case apparently we were upgraded to a better room. We had breakfast included in our room but the front desk didn't explain this to us either and I had to double check my confirmation booking and call in the morning to see where we went. The front desk experience wasn't the best start but it improved from there. The in room dining is missable but the breakfast at sky bar was lovely. Great breakfast buffet with wonderful views & service. The location is fantastic for us as we were there for only a day, close to the gardens & shopping centre but we spent most of our time by the famous infinity pool! My daughter loved it. The only negative about the pool was that it was hard to find a lounge people were leaving there towels to save a seat but weren't there at the pool. The photo service at the pool was highway robbery at $90 for one photo!!! They weren't even proper photographers! Give this a miss. Overall the staff were friendly and the facilities excellent but most of all the location was fantastic for us.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Hermyleen
Dear Hermyleen,

I am glad to know that you enjoyed you and your loved ones enjoyed your stay at Marina Bay Sands, particularly your dining experiences and your time at the Sands SkyPark infinity pool.

I note your feedback regarding your experience with the Front Desk. Service is a top priority for us so please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the relevant department heads for their review and attention.

Nonetheless, I look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones back soon to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.