“Comfortable STAY”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #38 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights on a family vacation. The check-in was a bit time consuming since the number of people wanting to check-in at the same time was large. The staff was also a bit slow but cant blame since they were doing their job. Asked for a room on the higher floor, but was told that in that case i will have to wait for around 3 hours which i could not do, so had to finally settle for the lower floor. No complaints about the ROOMS. Large, spacious and tidy. Nice balcony, bed, etc. Comforatable for a family of 3 (2 adults and 1 kid). Searched for veg food in the hotel, but could not get in any of the restaurants. We were tired in the evening and ordered for veg food from the room service at the hotel and were surprised with the taste. It was really good. My son just enjoyed the pool which is the best part about the hotel. Swimming on the 57th Floor has its own fun. Check-out once again was a bit tiring once again with the large number of people checking out together. We were also given a room to freshen up late in the day after the check-out since we had a late night flight. That was really nice on the part of the hotel. Good part about the hotel is the Train station near by and the shopping arcade which has a majority of brands under 1 roof - a tad costly though.

All in all a memorable holiday which was helped in a large way by the hotel.

Room Tip: Make very clear that you want a room on the higher floor. Views from the room on both the side are e...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Shawn_Ng, Associate Director - Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for your review, kkv2good.

I am glad to know that you had a pleasant stay at Marina Bay Sands and particularly enjoyed your time at the Sands SkyPark. I am also pleased to know that you enjoyed our In-Room Dining vegetarian menu.

I note your feedback on the check-in and check-out processes and please be assured that we are continuously looking at ways to improve the check-in and check-out processes, particularly during peak periods and weekends.

I hope to welcome you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to enjoy more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.

There are newer reviews for Marina Bay Sands

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is easily one of the best hotel view I have ever had. The hotel consists of 3 towers with the same view. They charge $50 extra for city view but the harbor and garden view is not bad at all. Check in/out is very smooth. There are Chinese and international buffet restaurant at the lobby, otherwise not many selection on the premises. The room service menu is from the lobby lounge. As you can guess, eating in the hotel is pricy including coffee shop in front of tower3(good high end French bakery though). I stayed for a week, so lack of variety of food started to bothers me. There are more restaurants in the shopping area, but all are overpriced except food court, nothing in the middle. Of course you can go other areas for more reasonable decent place if you have time but I was looking for one within walking distance.

Room Tip: They charge $50 extra for city view if available upon checkin but the harbor and garden view is not...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, capibobin.

I am glad to know that you had a pleasant stay at Marina Bay Sands. I do however regret to learn that you did not fully enjoy dining with us.

We offer a range of culinary options at Marina Bay Sands, from local delicacies at Rasapura Masters, Din Tai Fung and Toast Box to name a few, to international fares and signature restaurants.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience more of what our property has to offer.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I really enjoyed MBS - great facility, great view, nice rooms! Its a casino that does not have the casino vibes you find at most places in Vegas or Macau, which is a plus for me. Its hard to believe it has over 2,000 rooms!

Not quite a true five star experience, but close. I recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review, Eric P. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Marina Bay Sands and I look forward to welcoming you back soon to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night at MBS on a recent trip to Singapore. We were lucky enough to have a room overlooking the Merlion which had fantastic views at day and night. We stayed on a Sunday night, and spend a very enjoyable few hours at the pool. There were plenty of loungers available and plenty of space in the pool. The drinks at the pool bar were quite expensive - $25 dollars for 2 beers. However, this is to be expected in a place like this.
We ate at RISE restaurant in the evening, and made the most of the world buffet. The food was very nice, with a lot of variety.
After that we had a wander through he complex to the casino which was actually a bit of a let down. I had never visited a casino before so perhaps this is par for the course, but the place was crowded, smelly and there was little variation in tables. There were a couple of drinks stations where you could get water and soft drinks (which tasted awful), however when we asked several members of staff where we could buy a beer from - no one knew. Finally, on the 8th attempt, we were told to go to the sandwich bar, which itself was very hard to find. A disappointing end to a fantastic stay, but like I say - perhaps that is a normal casino experience!
I would recommend staying at MBS if you have the opportunity to, for the pool if nothing else. Swimming in an infinity pool, 57 floors up, overlooking the beautiful city is an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: Choose a view overlooking the Merlion.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear MrsMilne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I am glad to know that you had a pleasant stay at Marina Bay Sands and particularly enjoyed your dining experience at Rise Restaurant.

I note your feedback on your experience at the Casino and have shared your comments with the relevant department heads for their review.

I hope to welcome you and your family back soon to enjoy more of what our property has to offer.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is an outstanding architecting building with 3 towers connecting together and a magnificent pool on top of it. You should be there when the sun sets!! The joker is very clean the service is excellent the food is great although a bit expensive. Very recommended

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your review, Yaron Z.

I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay at Marina Bay Sands and I look forward to welcoming you back soon to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

This was easily the most expensive hotel we have stayed at and initial impressions were not great as the checkin procedure seemed somewhat haphazard and involved standing in 3 or 4 different lines. Once we did finally get to our room all that was quickly forgotten. Huge room with amazing city view on 39th floor. Everything was spotless and free wifi was a nice bonus. The main reason we wanted to stay was the rooftop infinity pool and it did not disappoint - AMAZING does not do it justice! We had dinner at the Rise buffet restaurant and i can safely say that it is the best buffet spread i have ever consumed. Service throughout the hotel was consistently perfect. Everyone should stay here once in their lifetime for the pool alone. What are you waiting for - book it up :-)

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear SFayers,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. I regret to learn about the delay you experienced upon check-in and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Nevertheless, I am glad to learn that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and I am especially heartened to know that our service standards matched your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of what our property has to offer.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were excited to stay in this hotel and truly it was a dream come true. Unmatched service and very considerate staff. Sky pool is once in a life time experience. Worth staying here atleast once while in Singapore.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your glowing review, tsdoshi.

I am thrilled to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon.