Marina Bay Sands
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
24,341 results
All reviewsinfinity poolsky parkcity vieworchid suiteobservation deckrise restaurantbucket listhuge hotelclub roomlight showmarina bayiconic hotelhotel guestsshopping mallsingapore skylinefood courtroom key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was at the MBS on business. It was very efficient, and everything ran like Swiss clockwork. However, it was hard to engage with the hotel because of the scale of the place. Everything was "meta-human". The lobby is like some vast building designed to hold a spaceship (probably there was one there somewhere).

There are bars and restaurants in the lobby. Don't know how many: efficient but they are vast and impersonal. There are other superlative restaurants, but they come across as just collectors items arranged in some demented but magnificent beehive.

To get to the conference centre you have to go through (run the gauntlet of?) a completely over the top shopping mall. If you want to buy a Patek Phillippe watch (oh, I've absorbed the marketing, not "buy", "look after for the next generation") you're in luck. You want a toothbrush? [--] out of luck. It's that kind of place.

The towers are vast, sprawling and quite anonymous, but they do hold up some of the best bars I have been to. The poorly named Koo De Tah (geddit?) has exquisite views of the City and the islands and a relaxed vibe that keeps you coming back. While you are up on floor 57Xsquared (or whatever it is), check out the pool. Bonkers but brilliant.

So my summary. Go there, you will like it a lot. If you love it, you might want to talk to a shrink, or at least think about why you love it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I booked the Marina Bay Sands for our first night of seven in Singapore to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The hotel is massive and very cold, there is so many people everywhere when you enter it feels like you are entering a very large glamorous shopping mall on Christmas eve. We enjoyed visiting the Infinity Pool but again very crowded but a must do if you go. The room was very basic and clean when we arrived, nothing special for 589.00 Singapore dollars plus tax for a Saturday night stay. Location is excellent, right on the Marina and walking distance to many popular attractions and restaurants. It's great to do for a special occasion, very memorable, but wouldn't do it again. There is so many more beautiful hotels in the same area, much cheaper, better service and more relaxing.

Room Tip: We requested a Marina view facing the city, which is beautiful at night, we ended up with a view of Marina Gardens and the Ocean, which was also beautiful. I don't think you can lose on the view. Regarding the rooms, they are very standard and to get a better room you would have to book a suite...wasn't in the budget and definitely not worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn_Ng, Associate Director - Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear corafay,

Thank you for taking your time to share your valuable feedback. I am pleased to hear of your enjoyable stay here at Marina Bay Sands. Whilst we appreciate the large number of visitors to our property, we regret to learn that it had affected your experience. Please be assured that we will continuously review ways to ensure that our guests have a pleasant stay with us.

We hope to welcome you and your loved one back in the future for more memorable experiences.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business for four nights. The hotel is bustling and efficient with large clean rooms but the place has no character and the same atmosphere as a shopping centre. It's an iconic building and worth a visit but not very friendly. Views from Ku De Ta bar on the top of the hotel are pretty amazing.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Shawn_Ng, Associate Director - Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your review, Amanda C.

I regret to learn that you did not fully enjoy your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands. Please be assured that we continue to fine-tune our processes and services to ensure that our guests have a warm and comfortable stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future for a more successful experience.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Staying at this hotel was one of the highlights of our much awaited vacation in Singapore. I've checked all the reviews from different sites about this hotel more than six months before our actual vacation and I can say that all the research efforts are worth it. We had a marvelous time at this hotel. It was really an overwhelming experience. We booked a Club Room through their website and we were so happy that our room was upgraded to a Suite Room upon check-in. The Infinity Pool and Sky Park are really amazing! It was a very nice feeling when we finally realized our dream vacation. The hotel staff are very accommodating and friendly. Our room was spacious, clean and of course, more than I expected since we were upgraded to Suite Room. We would definitely stay at this hotel on our next visit to Singapore.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian G

Thank you for your fantastic review, Brian G.

I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay at Marina Bay Sands and I am especially heartened to learn that our friendly Team Members ensured that you had a warm and comfortable time.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed with my wife in marina bay for. 3night but service time on cleaning compare the price was not very good and first day we just wait for our luggage more than 3 hours in room then after lots of calls they found our luggage in another room and gave them too us.breakfast compare to price was not good staff of casino was very rood and acting very bad from start to the end .in reception we waited long time and they told me that your roo will be ready at 3pm we went and ate lunch but we could go to our ready room at 5pm

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Farzam H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. I regret to learn about some of the challenges that you experienced during your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands. Please be assured that I have shared your comments with the respective department heads for their review and appropriate action. We will definitely seek to fine-tune our systems and procedures appropriately.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.