“A different hotel experience”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #40 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Large hotel consisting of 3 towers with huge swimming pool, bars and restaurants on the top deck at 58th floor.
Enjoyed a large suite on 49th floor with views of the sunrises over the sea as well as sunsets over the city. Also magnificent views from the fitness centre and even from the steam room and sauna as well.
Important to get suite or club room status in order to have free lounge access and VIP check-in/out to beat the queues at reception and breakfast.
A great thing was the free flow of superb french Champagnes with dinners at the club lounges with choice of tables either inside or outside with either sea or city views.
Under the hotel complex you will find a whole city of shops, casino, cafes, restaurants (approx 25 of them) and more.
This is a must-try hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn_Ng, Associate Director - Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review, clausglogg.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Marina Bay Sands and I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back soon to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.

Write a ReviewReviews (23,182)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed at MBS for a work conference Oct 26 - Oct 30... I must say, it was absolutely amazing. The concierge was great. We arrived very early (630 am) and our room wasn't ready... not a shocker, but they told us to go have breakfast and it'd be ready. We ate at the the buffett and it was great, so many choices to choose from. We spent an hour eating and our room was ready. Tower 3, 48th floor... spectacular view of the bay. This hotel is just bananas. The pool is crowded... I went early my second day to take laps and had to avoid people, but that was expected.

My only problem with the hotel was the watered down drinks. Stick with beers.

The mall that connects is pretty swanky but there are some good restaurants in there. Great dim sum and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cristian N

Thank you for your review, Cristian N.

I am happy to know that you had a great stay with us and I am especially glad to learn that our Concierge team contributed to making your stay a success.

I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during 6-8 Nov'13 on a business trip. The hotel does offer a unique views of garden Bay Area and is a nip over concept, however, the service standard and the attitude of the staff leaves a lot to be desired. It's definitely note value for the money

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the garden bay
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, prashanttandon.

I regret to learn that our service standards did not match your expectations during your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands. Please be assured that we continue to fine-tune and improve our service quality to provide our guests with a warm and comfortable stay.

I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed her last week and it was absolutely amazing! The room was large, the view from our room and the pool absolutely stunning!!
The restaurant on the roof top is very nice but not delicious.
All in all i had a great experience and i would definetly come back here next time

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your fantastic review, MTeodora.
I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Marina Bay Sands and I look forward to welcoming you back soon to experience more of what our property has to offer.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Arrived at the hotel around 7pm from a long flight. Taxi from the airport took about 20 mins. Upon arrival you immediately appreciate just how large this hotel is. The lobby is huge and it was busy too. There was a queue to check-in which took roughly 10 mins to get to the front. Annoyingly our room was not ready, so they offered a $100 voucher to use in their Rise restaurant. There was an alternative option of taking a room on their 24th floor but it's a smoking level so I declined that. Who wants a smelly room?! However, I did decide to use that room to freshen up. Whilst getting ready to go out they called to say the my room was ready and they sent a bellboy with the new key. I'd booked a Premier Room with city view and it did not disappoint. Stayed in room 3879 in Tower 1 and the view was amazing. TheSkypark which is only open to hotel guests was pretty spectacular but the downside is that it's very very busy. There is a kiddy pool and an enormous infinity pool which overlooks the city skyline. I went in during the day and didn't have the chance to see it at night so cannot comment on how busy it would be then. The hotel is expensive but you get what you pay for. It's also joined to the MRT and a large high end shopping mall. If you're like me and like to use the gym facilities, they have a very well equipped fitness centre with a separate weight room. All in all, I'm glad I had the opportunity to stay there.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear dimples1976,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Marina Bay Sands and particularly enjoyed your time at the Banyan Tree Fitness Club. I certainly hope to welcome you and your loved one back in the near future to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Although this hotel is not cheap at all, it's worth every penny. We received a free upgrade and needless to say, our room was perfect. Very large bathroom and spacious bedroom with an amazing view on the city. The skypark with the infinity pool is amazing, although it can be difficult to find a spot on the deck chairs if it's busy. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Also, the direct access to the shopping center, Gardens by the bay and the MRT-station is a big plus. I will definitely stay in this hotel again when I visit Singapore.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your glowing review, JP489.

I am thrilled to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and particularly enjoyed your time at the Sands SkyPark infinity pool. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands during your next trip to Singapore.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

One of the best hotels in Singapore. Should be on everyone's itinery. Dont forget to get on the rooftop for a swim...it has the world's longest pool above the sky. STAY IN THE MOST SPECTACULAR HOTEL IN SINGAPORE!
Ultimate luxury and breathtaking views. Experience Sands SkyPark® and the stunning Infinity Pool

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review, Haresh2013.

I am happy to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.