“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #38 of 315 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore River, Singapore
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very pleasant experience and the check in at VIP lounge was a brief. The staffs at VIP lounge was very helpful and attentive. The. Grand club room is bigger than my expectation and the refreshments, breakfast and evening cocktails and service provided at The Club were beyond words. Will visit again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing gardens by the bay are breezy and quite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, 285Cici.

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay at Marina Bay Sands and I am especially encouraged to hear that our service standards exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon for more memorable experiences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,337)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Let's just say that our expectations were pretty high considering the room price. But I wanted to swim in the rooftop pool and I had heard it was worth the expense. We arrived and checked in at the VIP lounge for our Club Room. We were on the 46th floor overlooking the city. The room was very large with I think a 42" or 46" TV. The bathroom was beautiful with a huge bathtub which my wife loved using every day as we only have showers in our home.
The view of Singapore was wonderful day & night. The bed was very comfortable and the free Internet was very fast. A Club room costs more but you get food and drinks for free in The Club on the 57th floor overlooking the pool and city. The Club was busy but not too bad. The snacks and drinks are more than enough to satisfy you in case you were too tired to go out for a regular dinner. The Club personnel were outstanding and so friendly. I think had we not stayed in a Club room that I would only give 4 stars to our experience. Having a place to hang out, read newspapers, surf the Internet & eat and drink for free is wonderful. ( Well... you do pay for it in the room price but it seems like it is free ...LOL )
We stayed 3 nights and walked through the Gardens by the Bay ( Beautiful ) and the Marina Bay Shops. ( also amazing ) We stayed close to the hotel as I had hurt my leg the week before and found walking painful.
This was a great vacation and I recommend staying here if not just for the pool experience. The pool can be crowded but that is the big attraction to the hotel so it must be expected. Depends on the time of day, like at dinner time it is not very busy.
The Club experience makes you feel very special indeed. For the added expense I recommend a Club Room.

Room Tip: Club rooms are worth it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JohnandTai,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences here. I am delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay at Marina Bay Sands and I am especially heartened to know that our standards exceeded your expectations.

I hope to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to enjoy more of what our property has to offer.
Essex
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Absolutely fabulous views - you just want to stay forever. Delicious gin & tonic at the very top of Marina Bay Sands whilst catching the views. We were lucky enough to be there as they lit the Grand Prix track - spectacular sights. Absolutely loved it - going back before we leave.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank FloridaloverEssex
Dear FloridaloverEssex,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent visit to Marina Bay Sands and I certainly look forward to your next visit.
Singapore
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great hotel with an awesome view to singapore's skyline (if you get a room looking at the skyline). Our room category were upgraded without additional costs after asking for the highest possible floor to get. Service is very obliging. Breakfast a little bit expensive compared with the total food prices in singapore, but fair for the given service (90S$ for two adults). The access to the infinity pool only for hotel guests makes you feeling like a extraordinary person and is always a highlight. Checkout normaly before 11 am would be expanded to 2 pm without additional costs after asking for this. We don't use the offer to use a extra room (without additional costs) to have a shower after 2 pm just before we leave the hotel at 6 pm. Which hotel gives you such an offer? Already said: A great place to stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Book a night at Marina Bay Sand on 19/9/2013, as it is F1 season many road are either block or close. have approach the concierge staff name is Xavier Kok, very polite,attentive & with a cheering smile towards my inquiry, he drafted out the road on the marina map which is closed, so that I can avoid road that is already block, I can enjoy my shopping without having trouble heading the wrong way. I would like to take this opportunity to thanks Xavier for his outstanding service, and will look forward to see him in my next stay soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 997melvin
Dear 997melvin,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are proud to learn that our Team Member, Xavier Kok, assisted promptly with your inquiries and contributed to making your stay a warm and comfortable.

As a result of your kind compliments, we are delighted to present Xavier with a Grazie Award, a Marina Bay Sands Rewards and Recognition initiative we have for our Team Members, to celebrate their success in creating Magnificent experiences for our valued guests.

Thank you again for your kind words. I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The staff of this resort gave us a free upgrade of our room in order for us to experience the best the resort had to offer without comprising our requirements when we checked in. The room had an amazing view of the marina bay and the room was equipped with fixtures and fittings beyond our wildest thoughts. The check out was equally rewarding and satisfying as a staff member approached us whilst we were in a long queue to check us out using his IPad! This saved us a lot of time and waiting. When we were in our hotel room, I had a question about storing luggage after we checked out (as our plane was not due until several hours after check out of the hotel). I was on hold for only 20 seconds (and the voice recording was apologetic about the wait) before the concierge connected and was equally apologetic for keeping me on hold for so long! Then the concierge answered my question in a very friendly and professional manner and also asked if they could help any further.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Teresa D, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences here.

I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am especially glad to learn that our Team Members assisted in making your stay a comfortable one.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon to enjoy more of our multi-dimensional offerings.
Singapore
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were very spacious with great views and great location too. Breakfast buffet has an excellent spread. However, hotel is too crowded. Lobby is always super busy.this is my 2nd stay and I was disappointed in this stay as the bedding wasn't comfortable and the pillows very flat. On top of that we found 2out of the 4 pillow cases dirty and stained. Quite disappointing for a 5star hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your feedback, BBK_8.

I regret to learn that you did not find our bedding and pillows to your comfort. I note your comments on the pillow cases and have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping department heads for their review and appropriate improvement.

I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands soon for a more successful stay.