“Fabulous Hotel”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #41 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The rooms were spacious. The amenities good. All the restaurants were excellent. The Casino and Shopping Center added to the enjoyment, especially the boat ride on the Canal in the middle of the Shopping Center. There was also a beautiful Park attached to the Hotel property that had many attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor facing the Gerris Wheel or the water.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Agustin_A_Cortes, Senior Vice President - Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Norma B,

Thank you for your fabulous review.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room amenities and that you had the chance to take the Sampan Ride along the canal at The Shoppes.

I look forward to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands to experience more of our one-stop destination of entertainment, shopping and restaurants.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Good standard of housekeeping.
Nice atmosphere and the staff are very friendly.
Good food and the services offered by the retail was very well groom.
My family had a very experience staying in the hotel.
The room was cozy and the bed was too comfortable that I would sleep longer if I had no other appointment.

Real value for money.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed for three nights in June, as we came for a trade show across the road. We arrived at 8 am and were offered the use of a temporary room, except that about 20 others were already in it and had occupied all the flat surfaces. We left our bags at the bell desk and did some sight-seeing until I got my room in Tower 3 early around 1 pm. My colleague didn't get his on time and to compensate was given a slightly better room in Tower 1.

The bar fridge is the kind that detects when something is removed, so don't open it to take a look if you don't intend to buy. WiFi is free and of reasonable speed.

Access to the Sky Deck is included. You can get up to four entry cards per room, so you can invite a guest for the duration of the stay - you use the same card each day. We were there during the major haze problem, so couldn't see much. Our room faced the ocean, so sometimes even the Gardens of the Sky next door were invisible.

We didn't eat at any restaurant, but had coffees, which were rather cold and one of our party abandoned his drink. We got better value at the Sweet Spot outlet in the lobby.

Housekeeping was very late each day and once I had to ring them around 3 pm to come and do their work. The DND light was not on and the Make Up Room was on.

Generally, the lobby staff were all excellent and helpful. I saw in another review that there is a free shuttle to the airport, but if it still exists, we were not made aware of it. Given the hundreds of people who check out daily, it would be ambitious at best.

Room Tip: The taxi queue in Tower 3 is usually shorter than in Tower 1/2.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Been a top tier hotel in SG, we expect a fair bit from MBS. Check in was smooth and quick even with a very busy environment. Signs to the different towers and floors the elevators served were clearly highlighted.

Our room was on the 16 floor and had great views towards Gardens by the Bay thru the front balcony and pretty views of Marina Area thru the bathroom. As we are in the Orchid suite, we had a separate living room and dining area and a spacious bedroom and bath room. Overall room is satisfactory.

Hotel Guests can use the rooftop infinity pool which has beautiful views over the Marina/CBD area. Club house provides breakfast as well as afternoon tea and happy hours. Premium champagne is served with choice of Brut or Rosee. Nice service but the food choices are pretty mediocre for such and establishment. (erm potato chips as afternoon tea?)

Overall nice, will come back more for the pool though.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013

A really tough hotel to give a mark to. Stayed just two nights as a stopover from Europe to Australia. The check in debacle has been previously described and it is the terrible 10% of marina bay sands. How can such a large hotel, not have sorted this out?? The reception staff were rude and disinterested. Yes we arrived early and were not expecting our room to be ready. But to be told repeatedly that check in is at 3pm was frustrating. It would not take much to offer to call or send a text when the room was ready. We were staying in a top floor suite and whilst this doesn't guarantee better service it was less than ideal to be almost insulted at the VIP lounge. I was informed if we wanted the room early we should have booked the night before, so I asked to book a room for the extra day, to be told I could but we would have to check out by 11 and return at 3 for the room we had been allocated. (it was 10.45 and the room was still going to cost $1500.00, I declined) A friend staying in the same suite type arrived two hours after us and was checked straight in. We returned on hearing this and our room was ready at 1pm, in fact the receptionist told us the room had been ready since 11.17 am about 10 mins after we were told to return at 3.
After the somewhat lazy and disinterested approach of the reception staff the rest of the stay was awesome.
The room was huge and much better than the pictures had led us to believe. It's new Singapore style, clean, efficient and roomy. Lacks the character of some hotels but that's what you expect from Vegas!!! I am no real estate agent, but I am pretty sure our room was at least 50% bigger than the Internet described.
Views were awesome. The light show was ok.
Food great both room service and in the restaurants.
The pool was much better than portrayed. We had no issues swimming or finding space. We swam a number of times and did not feel overcrowded.
The highlight was the Club. Awesome service, great interaction with staff and helpful beyond expectations. Breakfast was not as varied as downstairs, but all good and quieter. Afternoon tea and cocktails were both pleasant.
Stayed at Capella on the way over which provides a much more intimate and attentive approach. I am glad we stayed at MBS, maybe it's a one off hotel for a lot of people and I am not sure if we will stay here next time. However, will not forget the room, the view or the service in the club. Unfortunately I will also not forget the check in debacle

Room Tip: We loved the club. The suites had great views (we were on level 55) and were massive.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Agustin_A_Cortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear TandDAustralia,

Thank you for your review.

I regret to learn about some of the challenges you encountered during your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands and I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to review the details of your stay.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Last time i stayed at the MBS i truly hated my experience however this time it was bearable.
The lobby has been greatly improved with massive plant pots... and service is a little better. I dont understand how the hotel is always full because i am sorry to say this but service is still not up to par based on what they charge. If it wasnt for the gimmick pool or casino i doubt this place would have one customer.

Would i recommend this place? Still no. Sorry MBS but please realize people are paying money for a luxury experience not to be meat packed around...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank KaspXhotels

Dear gumjoytravels,
Thank you for sharing your comments here.

Please be assured that we highly value all of your comments and will definitely seek to fine-tune our systems and procedures accordingly. It is only through feedback such as yours are we able to continuously improve our service standards on our journey to service excellence.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

An Exceptional Resort Where I Found Complete Satisfaction Everywhere But They Need To Improve On The Taste Of Indian Food Served & Also More Variety In Indian Dishes.The Experience At Skypark Is Worth Once In A Lifetime. The Arts & Science Museum Provide A 3D Experience On The Knowledge Based Movies Which Is Really Great

Room Tip: Premier City View Rooms Provide Better View Of Singapore Skyline
1  Thank Rajeev M