“Very comfortable rooms and amazing view!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #33 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore
“Very comfortable rooms and amazing view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed there twice, rooms are big with amazing view; equipped with nice amenities (love how they placed TWG tea bags in room for guests). Skypark is nice at night and complimentary for guests to there. Pool is phenomenal! There is basically everything in MBS, there is no need to go anyway (for locals of course. :))

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your review, Joy85.

I am happy to hear that you chose to stay at Marina Bay Sands and that you found your room amenities to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,135)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Business trip for my husband, pleasure for me. It is far away from things and food is limited to food court, buffets and a few expensive restaurants that were nice for dinner, but not for a quick bite for lunch. The service is VERY slow and the Sweet Spot got my order wrong 3 days in a row. Saying I'm sorry 20 times does not help, just get it right- order was black coffee and coffee with milk!

There are a few things that are special for a minute, pool, Garden on the bay, but not worth a visit ever again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear tiggerunner,

I regret to hear that your stay was not a fully successful one.

I note your comments on our service standards and I have shared it with the relevant department heads for their review and appropriate action.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us to welcome you back soon for a more successful stay.
Holmdel, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

A little late for this review, but 4 months after our stay last New Year's Eve at Marina Bay Sands ... my family can't stop talking about what an incredible time we had those 3 nights. We booked our stay as early as April 2012 to make sure that we get a room with the view of the marina for the New Year's Eve festivities. At that time you have to book a minimum of 3 nights from Dec. 30 - Jan 1. We booked a Grand Club room. We were not disappointed, we got a corner room at Tower 3 and enjoyed the fireworks. The Infinity Pool was breathtaking. The club room privileges were worth it. I can't say anything negative about the place, the accommodation and staff were excellent. I must say that our stay to ring in the New Year at Marina Bay Sands was the grand finale of our Singapore Holiday.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ccrc
Thank you for your delightful review, ccrc.

I am happy to hear that you had the opportunity to stay with us during New Year’s Eve in one of our Club rooms.

The Sands SkyPark is indeed a highlight for many of our guests and I’m glad that our Team Members assisted to ensure that you had a warm and comfortable visit.

I most certainly look forward to welcome you and your loved ones back to experience more of what our property has to offer.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have stayed here multiple on multiple occasions and on dozens of nights whilst on business in Singapore, usually because it is one of my company's approved hotels.

Visually, the hotel and surrounds are obviously stunning and a very impressive piece of architecture. The view from the roof is perhaps one of the best in Singapore. Location wise it is also quite good, easy walk to the mall and casino across the street (through an under-street passageway) and there is a good selection of shops and restaurants in the mall itself, both at a luxury and normal level. The Gardens By The Bay are also easily accessed directly from the hotel by a connecting bridge. To go anywhere else in Singapore you would need a taxi, usually readily available, or grab the MRT from the mall.

Unfortunately that is all that is commendable about this hotel. I think there is a lot of initial wow factor that may satisfy people staying for a couple of days on a weekend break but the service doesn't generally back that up.

Repeatedly, and I'm not exaggerating here, the check-in experience is by far the worst I have experienced anywhere in the world. A wait of 20-45 minutes is not uncommon, and that is when the hotel is not particularly busy. Also, twice I have arrived at midnight from a flight from Australia to be told my room isn't ready. I've also experienced going to the room and then having another guest arrive a couple of minutes later, who has been booked into the same room. You will often see more staff behind the counter than there are customers - I really am not sure what they are doing and the whole process of checkin and checkout at this hotel is a painful experience. I don't even bother to wait in the check-out line anymore, I just submit the quick check-out form. However they never get this right either so I have to call them to get the invoice a couple of weeks later. I don't find the staff particularly friendly either, they seem a bit arrogant at times, particularly if you question them or the booking, or when something goes wrong. On more than one occasion I have had to extend my booking only to be told the hotel is completely sold out, yet I have then booked a room online right in front of them. Appreciate their system may not show availability, but there is a disconnect there and it is frustrating as a guest that extending a stay is not a simple process.

There does not appear to be any customer loyalty programme for frequent guests, apart from the casino programme. So you are not rewarded for staying here as a guest, or more importantly things like an express check-in like most other hotels would have.

The rooms themselves are at an ok standard. The colour scheme is quite light and they seem to show dirt quite easily, some are looking quite worn/grubby already with carpet stains etc. However they are cleaned very well each day and the housekeeping staff do a very good job. The rooms are generally large, as are the bathrooms and most have good views. On the gardens side there can be a lot of noise from the freeway, especially on the lower level floors. The view is excellent from both sides of the hotel, especially now that the Gardens By The Bay are finished. The air-con and internet are both very good. Beds are ok, the linen seems a but 'hard' , not up to the same standards as some of the other 5 star hotels in Singapore. (Though not sure MBS is 5 star)

The food and beverage at the hotel is all excellent from what I have tried. The room service quality is very good. As is the breakfast buffet. Excellent food selection, although the prices are not so cheap. Ku De Ta on the roof is also a nice place for a drink, though the prices are expensive ($30 for a mojito) and there should not be a cover charge for hotel guests. (Spend several thousand dollars at your hotel per stay but you've got to pay $38 cover just like a member of the public)

The gym facilities are excellent, probably the best I've seen. The swimming pool again is visually stunning, but not so classy and can get very busy. And I'm not sure why more than a few guests feel it necessary to wander around the hotel in speedos and bathrobes.

Overall I think this place is just too large and too busy to ever experience any good personal service. And the focus is obviously on the casino and it's guests rather than the business traveller market. Stay here for a weekend and it it could be a fantastic experience, stay here multiple times a year for weeks at a time and it is not so great. All fur coat and no knickers would be the best phrase to describe this hotel.

Room Tip: City facings rooms are quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank spr71
Dear spr71,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. I regret to learn about your recent experience at Marina Bay Sands I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to review the details of your stay.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Wow......what an experience!! Thanks to my sister (member of MBS) who had booked a surprise accommodation for the family at the MBS, Singapore for a night. We had booked 3 premier rooms and unfortunately we had to cancel one of the rooms. When enquired at the counter the receptionist was very kind to offer us an upgrade to Presidential Suite. OMG what an experience. We were completely lost for words when we checked in the room and we felt like a president for one night! :) Just loved the piano in the main living area over looking the Singapore CBD.
The infinity pool was spectacular and for a change the weather was brilliant!
The breakfast buffet downstairs was awesome and the pastries were just brilliant and so tasty......will surely head back once again. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review, Briskumar.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room upgrade to one of our Presidential Suites along with its amenities.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your time at the SkyPark infinity pool with its spectacular views.

I look forward to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands for more memorable experiences.
Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

rooms have good views of the gardens by the bay
excellent infinity pool at the skypark needless to say
access to shoppes at marina bay sands for shopping and dinning pleasures
there's choices for big spenders to splurge on celebrity chefs dining experience
check in counters and lobby is kind of over crowded due to the amount of people that the hotel can accomodate

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, JoaquinChanna.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Garden View Rooms overlooking Gardens by the Bay as well as your time at the SkyPark infinity pool.

Marina Bay Sands is indeed a bustling hive of activity and whilst we are delighted by the enthusiasm shown by our guests, I apologise for any inconveniences caused by the crowds.

I look forward to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Well as many have said before, this is not hotel that has many charms, it is place that tries to wow a guest with the views of Singapore and that spectacular pool on the top.

Pool in itself is something that has to be experienced, I will not dwell on it for a long as many other have commented on it already but do try to be in there as night falls as it is something beautiful.

Rooms are decent size with window taking entirety of the outside wall. As the hotel is very new there are no signs of abuse and it is still very clean.

Check in and checkout were very efficient but as everything else it is more airport atmosphere than a hotel one. The hotel is definitely more suited to business travelers than a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Rooms with the city view has more of WOW factor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your review, Miseryolo.

I am glad to know that you had a pleasant stay at Marina Bay Sands during your recent visit to Singapore. We are dedicated to making Marina Bay Sands the world’s most magnificent destination for business, leisure, and entertainment, and I hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.