“Everything under one roof!”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #40 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I attended a conference held at MBS last week, and it was my third stay with them.

1. The room deco is nothing overly luxurious, but the most important thing is that the rooms are clean and tidied twice a day.

2. The down side of having everything under one roof is that it's a long walk to anywhere you want to go. Do not forget anything you need when you leave the room. My female colleague was not too fond of having to walk around in her shoes.

3. GREAT FOOD everywhere! Hide Yamamoto has some modern japanese touch. My favorites though in terms of value for money are located in the shopping mall. Pizzeria and Boulud (which are side by side) offer some of the finest pizzaz and delicious french cooking.

4. I was not too fond of the buffet the hotel served at the lobby. It was too loud and crowded.

5. The pool offers a fantastic view of the SG skyline, but it is also always crowded.

Overall, MBS is always a good stay, and offers great convenience.

Room Tip: T 2 rooms facing the lake is the nicest.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your review, CDStern.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Marina Bay Sands once again and had the opportunity to dine at a number of our dining options.

Marina Bay Sands is indeed a bustling hive of activity and whilst we are delighted by the enthusiasm shown by our guests, I do apologise for any inconveniences caused by the crowds.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (23,166)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a stay that you will never forget. We were on the 34th floor, not that this was the room we booked, as soon as we arrived the pleasant professional staff at checkin asked us was this stay for business or pleasure. My wife excitedly replied it was our wedding anniversary. Immediately we were elevated up about 10 floors and upgraded to a more expensive suite(at no extra charge). Staff everywhere in this hotel are some of the more professional and friendly than we have ever seen. Dining was up to the individual, whether you dined in the many restaurants in the hotel, or ventured out to the nearby city, either was excellent. Transport to anywhere was right at the doorstep or one could take a stroll to nearby shopping, dining, or just a pleasant walk. Yes sure, it is a little expensive to stay, but we found it was worth it. If we could rate this hotel out of 10, we would have to say 11. As it was one of them holidays that was perfectly and we had no troubles what so ever. We highly recommend a stay at MBS.

Room Tip: We stayed in a city facing room and thought it was a good choice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keno7

Thank you for your lovely review, Keno7.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us last year and I am especially encouraged to learn that our Team Members contributed to making your stay a warm and comfortable one.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your loved one back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for more memorable experiences.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We wanted to treat ourselves while staying in Singapore, Looking into options this hotel really stood out from the rest in most cases, Outstanding facilities, from rooms to shopping and of course the amazing sky park and pool, A little frustrating though booking on loine with the web site so had to call them on 2 occassions prior to arrival

Room Tip: Make sure you choose a room with city views
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review, Patrick P.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands. I note your feedback on your online booking experience and I have shared it with the relevant department heads for their review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Very expensive hotel to stay, eat, drink etc but worth it for the pool and view in the sky park. Stayed 2 nights room only.

Left room at 10.30 till 4 with please make up room button pressed but was not done, maid arrived when we came back for siesta. Not so good.

Apart from that its flawless. If you can afford it I wouldn't think about staying anywhere else.

Got taxi from airport and cost about £10. Metro required changing trains - not worth the hassle.

Got room on 38th floor. Views were amazing.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your review, emz83.

I note your comments on the challenges experienced with Housekeeping during your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands and I have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping department heads for their review and appropriate action.

Nevertheless, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future to experience more of our exciting offerings.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights late last month and i must say that i was a bit disappointed or maybe i just had very high hopes for this place as it looks so great from outside.
We paid over $900sgd for the 2 nights stay in a hotel room, breakfast not included.

pros: great location- literally minutes walk into the popular attractions of sg, the marina bay, the merlion, gardens by the bay. MBS itself is a popular icon of sg. the infinity pool offers a great view of the city. there' a mall in the hotel area, restaurants and bars.

cons: hotel room is pretty basic but the place is squeky clean. service,especially check-in was pretty slow.had stayed in cheaper hotels before with far better service where they have seats for you while you wait,offer you cold towel and cold drinks to freshen up from your trip. none of these were available when we checked in.slow wifi which totally surprised me. service wasnt really very warm, like they only mean business.

would i stay again? probably-- only because of the great location.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your review, roxannedevalois.

I regret to learn that your recent stay with us was not a complete success. I note your feedback on your check-in experience and I apologise for the delay experienced. We are continuously looking at ways to improve the check-in and check-out processes, particularly during peak periods and weekends.

Service is also a priority to us and please be assured that we continue to review ways to fine-tune our processes and services to ensure better efficiency and quality of our service touch points.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands soon and regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel has wow factor, being a bit scared of heights took me some time to get in pool, once I did it was amazing.

Food excellent in the restaurants, great location for all the sites if Singapore.

Highly recommend

Room Tip: The higher they better
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear griffiths586,

I am happy to hear that you had the opportunity to experience the infinity pool despite your fear of heights and I am especially glad to know that you enjoyed it.

I look forward to welcoming you and your loved one back soon for more once-in-a-lifetime experiences.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm glad we decided to stay here for a night, but also glad we saved our money and went to a less expensive hotel after 1 night. It was nice for the experience but we grew tired of the crowds and wildly expensive food. The whole thing was reminiscent of being on a cruise ship.

Pros: The view from the pool was exceptional. This was what we were paying for and we knew it... that said, I DO think it was worth the price just for the pool. It was that good. Room was a decent size, and view from our room (ours was on the 32nd floor and overlooked the ocean) was just beautiful. En suite bathroom was large and had a massive tub.

Cons: (Since it's so pricey it's kind of asking for a critical review...).
-As I said, crowds, which is to be expected so really can't complain there.
-Nothing special from the staff - they were friendly enough but did their job and didn't offer so much as a smile more... which I find to be a bit lacking for a 5 star hotel that charges these prices.
-Lobby was entirely underwhelming. The airport has a better atrium than the Marina Bay Sands. I would describe it as... clinical.
-Cheap toiletries. Cheaper hair dryer.
-Curtains left large gaps on either side letting the light in completely which means waking up with the sun.
- Finally, our TV didn't work and the extra blanket we found in the closet had a huge stain on it. I'm sure they would have fixed either had we bothered to complain, but we were too lazy.

Overall I was glad to have stayed there. Now that I have however, I don't feel like I ever need to again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OfficiallyForeign
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear OfficiallyForeign,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us here. I regret to learn that your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands was not a complete success.

I note your comments on some of the challenges that you experienced during your stay and I have shared your feedback with the relevant department heads for their review and appropriate action.

Please be assured that we will continuously review ways to fine-tune our processes and services to ensure better efficiency and quality of our service touch points.

I value your patronage and I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.