Our latest (second) stay at this hotel was another splurge. With diminishing opportunities for a family vacation due to ill health, my wife and I decided to take our three adult children with us on a short trip to Singapore. Despite the price we opted once again for using MBS as our accommodation base, even though this meant booking three rooms for four nights. We have no regrets.
Check-in was a breeze with welcoming staff, who appeared to do their best to accommodate our preferences. Luggage was delivered within fifteen minutes. Our rooms on the 34th and 42nd floors in Tower 3 were serviced well, and when we needed more than the two complimentary bottles of drinking water, they were provided without hesitation. Their magnificent city views did not once lose their appeal during our stay. Elevators arrived promptly; never a source of delay. Wheel chair access was readily available.
We opted for the hotel’s buffet breakfast, another expensive option, especially with the taxes added, but were not disappointed. There was a huge variety of cuisines provided; nobody could fail to have a quite extravagant meal to set themselves up for each day. We found it best to start breakfast by 7.30am as guest numbers seemed to grow quickly after that time. If you prefer a cappuccino instead of the standard percolated coffee, just ask the wait staff; they were attentive to every request.
A food hall in the adjoining shopping complex provides very cheap lunch and evening meals with many outlets to choose from. Late lunches/early dinners are the go if you want to find a table quickly. There is a small supermarket nearby on the same level where you can buy snacks, drinks, fresh fruit and more to take out on excursions during the day.
The hotel’s location is very convenient. The adjoining bay-front shopping complex has just about everything to entice shoppers, but generally they’re not cheap; know your prices beforehand. We can’t comment on the Casino as we didn’t go, but its presence within the complex is certainly not intrusive. It’s a comfortable walk to the Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay; walking to the Merlion Park is quite do-able too and a great way to take in some views of the hotel and the city. Water taxis operate from two bay-front piers and there is an MRT station within the MBS complex.
The only downside this visit was that the hotel’s free airport shuttle service had been terminated in the two months between our booking and our arrival. We only found out about this by chance enquiry.
Worth it? Given the hotel’s facilities, service and location - we think so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Marina Bay waterfront with 3 cascading hotel towers, 2,560 rooms, extraordinary Sands Sky Park, floating crystal pavilions, lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, The Shoppes, Celebrity Chef Restaurants, Theatres and hottest nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick, Hotwire, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Bay Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore