“Best picture hotel in town!”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #39 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Spectacularly architecture meets professional luxus market.
This is the place you have to see.because of the unique pool 200 mtr. about the ground. Very nice rooms and suites. Perfect service, very polite, well trained . Good management. Restaurant ok, some are just to loud.room service very good. The whole complex is a big department store which all brands you will find at the spots all over the world. Yes the pool. I call it a picture pool. Because everybody is making pictures and movies. In the pool, at the pool, before the pool and behind the pool. Some are also swimming . The pool service good. No complains as much folks are mingling around and use the towels. All well organized. 2 days are enough. Value for money, yes, but you need a lot of money.the bus shuttle service from airport to hotel and back is well organized and perfect with wireless lan.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Puffinman
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review, Puffinman.

It is heartwarming to hear your kind compliments on our Team Members’ service standards. Service is a top priority to us and service excellence is a continuous journey that each of our Team Members take on with pride and dedication.

I look forward to welcome you and your partner back to experience more of our one-stop destination of entertainment, shopping and dining.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

In October 2012, we had just completed a 34 day Holland America cruise. I had read about the Marina Bay Sands on the internet and put it first on our things to see during our two day stay in Singapore. We spotted a well dressed American, Jim Rinehart, in the lobby. Hoping to get directions around the huge hotel and suggestions on things to see in Singapore, we started a conversation to find we were both from the State of Washington! He could even pronounce "Puyallup" correctly. He was extremely congenial and explained the layout of the hotel and gave us suggestions on the highlights of Singapore.

Jim then offered us a tour of the complex. We asked to see a typical room, but he said he love to show us, but they were "all sold out" and would be for several days! He proceeded to give us the most amazing tour of the Resort, the space ship with infinity pool, Spa, restaurant, the Casino and the Mall. We were astounded and extremely grateful of the time he dedicated to us. He told us of his favorite place to eat, downstairs. After a nice meal, we took in the two exhibit pavillions, also on the MBS property. What a lovely day...which we will never forget.

The Marina Bay Sands Hotel is still on our "Bucket List", so we will plan our trip way ahead of time to secure a nice room, whatever the cost! Our goal is to visit the other resorts in Macau and Las Vegas someday. James Rinehart deserves a big GOLD STAR for his dedication to the Marina Bay Sands!

Room Tip: I believe there are no "bad view" rooms!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NanSea W

Thank you for your fantastic review. I am delighted to hear that our Team Member, James Rinehart made your visit a memorable one.

I hope that you and your partner will have the opportunity to stay with us in the near future to experience the multi-dimensional offerings we have at our one-stop destination.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed there on business at Tower 3 in Jan 2013.Deluxe room was cool,spacious and with full glass city view.The infinity pool facing the skylight was a delight. The access control to the pool was useful as it limits the number of pool users. One shd try the pool and see the sunset then view the night lights of the nearby skyscrappers. It was a pretty sight.However,the parking is a maze underground. The 3 towers complicates parking further. No complimentary parking extended to hotel guest was a put off.Valet parking voucher only available at tower 1. Lobby drop off/pick up point was very small at Tower 3 and always crowded.There was no doorman to open the doors in most times I went thru those doors where it was chaotic and unwelcoming.Honestly, the design and layout sucks as it cause many inconveniences to hotel guests.Hotel lobby across the three towers were always busy with people passing thru in either directions and feels like you are on the way to a train station.I would not recommend family stay there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank m a

Thank you for your feedback, m a.

I regret to learn that your stay at Marina Bay Sands was not a complete success. I note your comments and have shared your feedback with our Transportation and Guest Services team for their review. Please allow me to assure you that we are continuously looking at ways to improve our product and service standards to ensure the success of our guests’ visits.

We value your feedback and I hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting our property in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My first visit to Marina Bay came not to expectations, as check in takes long time, no luggage service, it is like shopping mall with too many people & with luggage to travel to Tower 3 is really painful. However, reception helped me to get city view on tower 3 appreciated but it came with additional cost. Inside room, is big but not much high quality, but comfortable when you see city view. Breakfast is soso not to the Singapore taste and expensive, in future, will take outside. Overall, I will say, one time is enough as for all my visit, I will better go with Orchard road.

Room Tip: If you go thten better take city view on tower 2 and 3
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nhlivefreeordie

Dear nhlivefreeordie,

I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands. Please be assured that we will continuously review ways to fine-tune our processes and services to ensure better efficiency and quality of our service touch points.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for a more successful stay.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you are used to the best, that this offers nothing but the best of the best ! The day view is just amazing, and the night is breathtaking. I stayed on the 45th floor in tower 3 with a part city and sea facing view. Excellent staff, very good service. The swimming pool o the 57th floor is just out of this world. A must visit if you are in Singapore.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review, luckyikon.

There is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest and I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Marina Bay Sands.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I moved from another hotel to this hotel and stayed for one night.
The purpose is to go up to Sands Skypark at 57F (200m high), where is a long garden (340m) and a pool (150m). From there, we can have a fine view of the city, and the garden and the harbour at the opposite side. I visited there three times i.e. at aftenoon and night of the first day and at next morning.
When I checked in, I asked a room at higher floor and city view. And my room was garden view at 41F of tower 3. But as I saw many skyscrapers well from 57F, I became not to mind.
The hotel is new and the room is enough spacious, clean and comfortable, but there is no buthtub, although the price even without breakfast is almost double of other hotels. As a conclusion, I think one night is enough for a Japanese who likes bath to stay at this hotel.
There's "The Shoppers at Marina Bay Sands" connected with the hotel at the basement. I took lunch and dinner there.
I took a hotel shuttle bus to the airport. A bus starts for every 30 minutes. There's no need to reserve and free for guests. It was convenient.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear TadahiroH,

I am happy to hear that you had the opportunity to visit Marina Bay Sands during your trip to Singapore and I am glad that you had a comfortable stay.

I hope to welcome you back in the future to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Too many talks about this hotel make us decide to give it a try booking a superior room on the web page. Was not at all a pleasant stay. To start with , the check in was long queue, the hotel was very busy, heavy human traffic in the Lobby. But the lady who check us in was very professional and efficient, she gave us an upgrade to the Premier Room. She gave us some Skypark passes , which indirectly given me the clear picture that the hotel is busy and noisy as it is infact thronged with day trippers making their way to the Skypark and food court in the Hotel Shopping Mall. It is an exclusive hotel complete with all facilities from shopping mall to food outlets & entertainment centres with a Casino.The infinity Pool is located at the Skypark ont he 57 floor has definitely a scenic view of the Singapore Skyline but its so packed like Sardine mostly by day trippers , certainly not an attractive view to us. Room is big and clean, but bed mattress is not to our expectation. It has free coffee & tea making facility but all hidden in the closet drawer which is not a great idea. We didnt know what to expect in our booking , there was no daily newspaper & no breakfast provided for our stay. Maybe its my fault that i didn't check or ask. But it is strange for a 5 star hotel that would save on a newspaper ??We love the room view which faces the Gardens, the art trees are beautifully lit up in the evening. Checkout was fast but bell service was slow to release our stored baggage. Certainly a nice experience in this great hotel !!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear WorldGlutton,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here. I regret to learn about some of the challenges that you experienced during your recent stay with us.

Whilst I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant check-in experience, I note your comments on some of our product and service touch points, and have shared them with the relevant department heads who will review our processes for continuous improvement.

I hope to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the future to experience more of what our destination has to offer to our valued guests.