This is a very large hotel and appears to be mainly intended to serve the adjacent casino.
It is an extaordinary piece of architecture, especially when viewed from the outside and the views of Singapore from the higher floors and the viewing deck on the roof are worth the visit ( make sure you get a room on floor 34 or above).
The size of the place inevitably means that it has more in common with a rather plush airport terminal than a traditional hotel. There are queues for most things - checking in, checking out, and at times for breakfast.The room I stayed in (deluxe) was spacious and with pleasant modern furniture( but then it should be as the hotel is only a few years old) However the rooms are functional rather then luxurious and it is difficult to see how it justifies 5 stars; 3.5 or 4 would in my view be more accurate. The staff have clearly been well trained in customer relations and were invariably courteous and tried to be helpful. The buffet breakfast, if you opt for this, is expensive (go to the food court in the Shoppes adjacent to the hotel if you want a less expensive alternative) but is good with a wide range of western and asian choices.
The biggest disappointment for me was the "Skypark" on the roof. It looks fantastic from ground level but once you are up there there is nothing to recommend except for the views - and if you can manage to squeeze in - the crowded "infinity swimming pool". There is one very noisy bar, a couple of places to eat but when i visited these were crowded and the only one that was not crowded was reserved for "club room" guests. This had none of the sophistication of the skybars of other 5 star hotels in the region.
So go for the views or if you want to use the casino, but if not there are better 5 star hotels quite close by!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Marina Bay waterfront with 3 cascading hotel towers, 2,560 rooms, extraordinary Sands Sky Park, floating crystal pavilions, lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, The Shoppes, Celebrity Chef Restaurants, Theatres and hottest nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marina Bay Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore