“Enormous!!”

Ranked #37 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Orange, Australia
“Enormous!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was underwhelmed by this hotel. After all the hype I am not sure what I was expecting. It certainly is large, but the rooms are average although again large. Most of the shops are brand name and very expensive. The service is great the staff are all very friendly especially the staff working the breakfast shift in the Rise restaurant. When we went to check out the queue was very long and it took a long time to check out and for that matter in as well. The hotel look beautiful at night - but during the day - very average. The pool view was amazing but it wasnt somewhere I wanted to spend time at - its not like staying at a beach resort. But the gym!! fantastic all the equipment is spotless and new and the view while you are on the treadmill certainly made you forget about your workout!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your review, Pumpkin20.

I am encouraged to learn that our Team Members at Rise Restaurant made an impressive mark on you and that you enjoyed your time at the Banyan Tree Fitness Club.

I note your feedback on our check-in and check-out processes and I would like to assure you that we are continuously looking at ways to improve these processes, particularly during peak periods and weekends.

I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,303)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Auckland
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Marina Bay Sands on the last night of our Honeymoon, wish we had stayed there the whole time!! Check in took a little while but once at the front staff apologised and were friendly and attentive you forgot about your wait. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to one of their Orchard Suites and it was spectacular, 52nd Floor with an amazing view! The room was huge and we felt like royalty. We headed up to the Club Room for afternoon tea, canapes & cocktails then buffet breakfast and each experience was fantastic and food delicious, what a fantastic added feature and well worth paying a bit extra for. The pool was amazing and I was very impressed to find an adults only section, also must commend the lifeguards for moving on any families who must have missed the sign. Wish I could have stayed longer and would not hesitate to recommend Marina Bay Sands to anyone heading to Singapore. We will be back!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SarahMcKBall
Thank you for your wonderful review, naughtysera.

We are always excited to be a part of our guests’ special occasions and I am delighted to hear that you and your loved one enjoyed your Honeymoon stay at Marina Bay Sands.

I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back soon for more memorable experiences.
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We travelled to several places for our visit across Asia with the last stop at Singapore, we planned to have 4 days here which we both thought should be enough to have a good look around at this splendid city, we are not the richest guys around but if you travelled this far from the UK you just have to spend the one night at the Marina Bay Sands if nothing else as this is the icing on the cake, the pool and the views in the day is fabulous but even better during the evening.

Room Tip: When you book ask for rooms above at least floor 40 and view to the city.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phil4jazz
Dear Phil4jazz,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands and I hope to welcome you and your partner back in the future to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

When we decided to book the Marina Bay Sands for the last leg of our journey, I was slightly concerned why the overall tripadvisor rating was not as great as it should be, so we took the plunge and booked it anyway.
Upon arrival, we were ushered to the private check-in area and our bags were taken care of. To be honest, the hotel and lobby area is HUGE, almost overwhelming. There is a queue to check in, a queue to check out, but not if you're staying in a Club Room.. so that's a hint to you.
The room was nice and modern, not my personal style, but very welcoming and spacious - I suppose the best part of the room was the personal service over the phone and all the perks of the Club Room... Oh and that view. We were staying on the highest level possible (all the Club Rooms are in the top few floors) and the view was nothing short of amazing. We'd normally look at the view and leave, but I tell you, we could not stop starting at the amazing skyline.
Now to that infinity pool. It was slightly frustrating with all the people, but I suppose everyone (both hotel and non-hotel guests) want to see how amazing the pool area is - Fortunately, only hotel guests can dip in the pool, but it doesn't stop the tourist guests walking past.
Laying by the pool, sipping on a cocktail and that lemon-zest water was simply amazing. The Club restaurant served up a brilliant breakfast (not too heavy, just the way I like it) awesome canapes and champagne to prep you after for a very light dinner!
Aside from a having to wait in queues and being around so many people at any given time, I would honestly find it difficult to fault the Marina Bay Sands. The staff were extremely accommodating, even serving champagne at the front of the Club while you wait for a table. If you're staying at the Marina Bay Sands to see Singapore, I would look elsewhere, because trust me, you wont want to leave. For a break from Singapore, but in the heart of the city, look no further. You wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and stay in a Club Room, trust me, it is worth every extra penny and you'l...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GreatDane22
Dear glober_trotter1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences here. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our Club Room. I am especially heartened to learn that our Team Members made an impressive mark on you.

I note your feedback on the number of people at the SkyPark infinity pool area and please be assured that we have implemented initiatives to ensure that our Hotel guests have exclusive access to the pool.

It remains our priority to ensure that our guests have a warm and comfortable stay with us. I value your patronage and I look forward to welcoming you and your loved one back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We arrived at the Marina Bay Sands quite late at night after a long day of travel. Singapore and MBS were teeming with activity in stark contrast to the idyllic 5 days we'd just spent in the Maldives, we were concerned we would be lost amongst the bustle. Our fears were unfounded as a member of staff swept us into a separate reception area to check in.

As it was the last few days of our honeymoon we had booked a Club Room with City Views and recommend this choice if your budget can stretch that far. The room was amazing and we felt it was great value with breakfast, afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks provided at The Club which is co-located on the pool deck, overlooking the famous infinity pool and with 360 degree views of Singapore.

Many other reviews provide details of the pool deck and it really is amazing. It is very crowded though and we didn't brave the water during our stay. We did, however, take every opportunity to sit nearby with a coffee or glass of bubbly.

Every interaction we had with a member of staff felt incredibly personal down to the porter who gave us his business card with his mobile number and told us to contact him if we had any issues picking up the suitcases we'd left with the concierge after we checked out on our final day. It is to the Marina Bay Sands credit that for such a large hotel they manage to provide such great customer service.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, have already recommended MBS to others and look forward to future visits.

Room Tip: If you can afford it book a Club Room with City Views ... large rooms, fantastic outlook and great v...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helen T
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here, Helen T.

There is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest and I am happy to learn that our Guest Services Team Member made an impressive mark on you.

We are always excited to be a part of our guests’ special occasions and it is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime moments for our valued guests.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to welcome you back in the near future for more memorable celebrations.
Cozumel, Mexico
Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you are visiting to Singapore, this is a great place to stay with lots of places to eat, shop, entertain, close to most places to visit by a short subway ride that you take from the basement level of the hotel, and one of the best pools (definitely the one with most challenging design).

Room Tip: The highest possible and the city side rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review, MemoCozumel. I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Its hard to rate this hotel as there is the hotel and there is that pool. 6 stars for the pool!! I never thought I could spend 2 days just lounging around a pool. In terms of the hotel, the staff were helpful at all times, the room was a good size but did smell as though someone had been smoking in there previously. The slow internet speed was annoying, they should have had better.

This is very much a leisure hotel and would not suggest for business.

Room Tip: Get a city view room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback, AdventureLive.

I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your time at the infinity pool and found our service standards to your satisfaction.

I note your feedback on the smell of smoke in your room and have shared your comments with our Housekeeping department heads for their review and appropriate action.

I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.