“Marina Bay Sands”

Ranked #35 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Orem, Utah
“Marina Bay Sands”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

View from the infinity pool is spectacular. If you are visiting here you need to take the time to enjoy it. I travel a lot and this is a hotel experience that is very unique. Certainly one of the most amazing views and infinity pools.

If you are not staying at the hotel you can still buy a pass to go to the top. The mall attached has some very nice restaurants which makes is convenient but you need to get out on the town to fully appreciate the excellent food here. One nice thing about Singapore is that taxis are reasonably priced and the subway trains are excellent. There is a train station attached to this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear D H,

Thank you for your wonderful view. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the spectacular views at the Sands SkyPark,

With regards to your comment, the Sands SkyPark Observation Deck is a ticketed area that is open to the public.

The opening of Bayfront MRT Station in January 2012 has been a great addition to the various transportation options to and from Marina Bay Sands.

I look forward to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,175)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Staff service is really bad. Even through the call centre also they, don't talk nicely to the customers specially if you have a free night vouchers. Never get the availability on the dates you desire. Just one answer, fully sold out. On the other side when you ask them revenue based rooms, they immediately have the rooms available. Then just don't give the free nights if you don't want the guests to avail this facility

Room Tip: Don't believe when they say you the free nights, you will never be able to avail those specially...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank David N
Dear David N,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here.

I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to review the details you have articulated here.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing place! Incredible shopping centre, amazingly different museum and the skywalk for photos and lunch at stunning Ku Da Ta restaurant.
Well done Singapore for creating this Must See Marina.

• Stayed March 2013
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Ghecko56,

I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time at Marina Bay Sands and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon to experience more of what our destination has to offer.
Norfolk Island, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I didn't want to stay there - seemed to be too expensive and we looked like total ragamuffins after 5 weeks of trekking in the Himalayas. Finally, my husband talked me into booking a Club Room. When i saw the hotel in real, I was absolutely thrilled! The room was spacious and beautiful with breathtaking view over the city (53rd floor I think it was). The staff were helpful and friendly (though read bad reports in other reviews) and wend beyond the call of duty to help us with whatever questions/problems we had. Of course, there were some delays (eg getting to the afternoon drinks) but the staff still did their best to provide the table we wanted. The meals were delicious, and you save a lot of money if you use all the advantages of the Club. However, we also tried the roof restaurants and the food was to die for! We stayed at Marina for 3 nights. I loved it so much my heart jumps every time I see pictures of this stunning hotel. And of course the architecture - like nothing else in the world! The only minor negative thing I can think of was room service when we ordered dinner to the room at 10.30pm and it took just over an hour that we spend just staring at the view from the window.

Room Tip: Try to book a Club room - they run specials quite regularly. The hotel has an iPhone app that sends...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anomalia
Thank you for your great review, Anomalia.

I am delighted that you chose to stay at Marina Bay Sands after your trip to the Himalayas and I am happy to hear that our Team Members ensured that you and your partner had a warm and comfortable stay with us.

I note your comments on our room service and have shared your feedback with our In-Room Dining department heads for their review and appropriate action.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences here. I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The only thing I liked about this hotel is the swimming pool which is 'on top' of the world. The other one is the concierge.

The feeling that we get from this hotel was like a 'McDonald-like' in Australia. It does not have any feeling of hospitality because of its humungousness. Looking at the hotel from afar makes you want to be in this place but once you are in this hotel, you want to go away. The reception area is like an airport. No class just average type of look. You have to be there to feel it. I would not come back to this hotel.

3 Thank Rea901
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I've been to this hotel 3 times now, every time on a business trip. I felt it is one of those clinical hotels, which cater well to business travelers. It was that much more convenient for me since the convention center, where we had our conference, is next door. The front desk folks gave me a very early check-in, since I was traveling international. The rooftop has a couple of nice restaurants and a good lounge area with an infinity pool, all of which have great views of either the city skyline or the sea. So, no great shakes, but just about right for the routine business traveler.

Room Tip: High floor is better. The views are otherwise good all throughout.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Vinod44
Thank you for your feedback, Vinod44.

I am glad to hear that you find Marina Bay Sands convenient for business travellers and that your stays have been pleasant thus far.

We are dedicated to making Marina Bay Sands the world’s most magnificent destination for business, leisure, and entertainment, and I hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience more of what our property has to offer.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We are leaving today after 3 nights. We booked a club room via AA. Got upgraded when asked to great view over city. Place is very busy but you expect that! Pool was amazing - not deep 1.2m. It wasn't busy for our stay. Club room worth it Will be interesting to see what check out is like as we have late check out at 1pm but we don't fly til 9pm. Likely to be a long day.

Room Tip: Extra worth it for city view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear shanih11,

I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your upgrade. We do offer our guests use of our Hospitality Suites to freshen up after check-out when we have rooms available.

I hope you had a pleasant flight and I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.