“Brilliant Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #33 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
“Brilliant Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the Singapore F1 Grand Prix and could not be more complimentary about this hotel. The room was large and very comfortable, the pool is amazing if a little busy at times and the Gym on the 55th floor with views over the harbour was as good as a place to work out that you could imagine. Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear John F,

I am thrilled to hear that you had the opportunity to stay at Marina Bay Sands during the Singapore Grand Prix and I am especially glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands for more memorable experiences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,134)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne Vic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed in a Club Room with a city view which gave me access to The Club on the 57th floor. The room was superb and the view of the bay and city inspiring. The staff always made it a rule to address me by name and I felt that my every need was the most important thing to all those who assisted me during my stay. This is truly a 5 star experience and would thoroughly recommend the club room option to all. The afternoon tea and drinks later was a superb way to relax and enjoy my time at the hotel. A couple of minor negative comments. 1. I used the Marina Bay Sands Airport transfer coach and found the driver to be unhelpful and a poor ambassador for the hotel (unlike every other staff member). 2. As a solo traveller leaving late for the airport I requested access to The Club facilities on my second day but my request was denied, I felt it would have been a nice gesture to have said yes.

Room Tip: A city view is a must.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AussieWayne
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for your review, AussieWayne.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay in our Club Room and I am especially encouraged to know that our team at The Club contributed to making your stay a warm and comfortable one.

I note your feedback on our Team Member and have shared your comments with our Guest Services department heads for their review. Rest assured that we will continue to emphasize appropriate behaviours to all our Team Members in our daily briefings.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for a more successful stay.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at MBS with my partner in a deluxe room. Overall, I had a great experience at MBS, from check in the staff were very professional and informative, rooms were decently sized and the bed was very comfy. The infinity pool is amazing and everything that you would think it would be. However, you're essentially paying to have a dip in the pool. I do reccomend people to stay at MBS but only for a short period of time because of the price, there are hotels within the area with the same quality, just no infinity pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jessica W
Thank you for your review, Jessica W.

I am glad to hear that our service standards matched your expectations and that you enjoyed your time at the Sands SkyPark infinity pool during your visit. It is indeed a highlight for many of our guests.

I hope to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spent one night at the Marina Bay Sands. It is a remarkable complex with a few perks that make it unique amongst hotels worldwide. I would put it on the 'do not miss' list if visiting Singapore, though staying here is a costly endeavour.

SERVICE: Excellent. All staff had a good command of English and were friendly. Check-in is a bit chaotic with what must be an immense turn-over on a daily basis, but relatively few check-in desks in a rather pedestrian lobby.

LOCATION: Good. About twenty minutes bus ride from the airport (shuttles provided) and with a central MRT stop. Downtown is a ten minute walk away, though its much more fun to take the water taxis that ply the harbour. It is removed from the 'action' of Singapore, so to speak, so don't count of hawker centres or marketplaces to be within easy reach.

ROOM: Ocean-view premium. Superb view of the harbour and the botanical gardens, including a useable balcony which I was not expecting. Very comfortable bed/bathroom set-up. Lots of unique gadgets, like the electronically controlled curtain and touch-pad-sensitive mini-bar (watch out if you have kids!).

FOOD: The only meal we had at the actual hotel was at the 'Chocolate Bar' on the 57th floor. If you are a chocoholic, this is not to be missed. Very decadent.

POOL: Deserving of its own separate review section. The view is spectacular. There is an adults-only section, which was a nice respite from the splashing at the other end! Something which they should advertise with more gusto are the hot tubs located at the other side of the pool deck with views looking onto the harbour - simply stunning.

Overall, a good experience, but overly-expensive for what is provided. I'd recommend it for a night or two but, if you are visiting Singapore for a longer stay, there are more economical options with just as much luxury...though no sky park! I'd certainly stay here again, but only as a special treat.

Room Tip: High-floors are a must!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CDN2012,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay at Marina Bay Sands and that our service standards matched your expectations.

I certainly hope to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the future to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.
Melbourne, Oz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Marina Bay Sands is "unique". It is Huge. And it is in between two other Huge Attractions: the Theaters, Casino, Convention Center and Multitude of Shops and Food Outlets on the waterfront AND the Wonderful Gardens by the Bay on the harbour side. The MBS's 3 tall Towers are joined by a "lobby" that reminded me of a narrow Changi airport....as the lobby has numerous "Check In" Counters, numerous food outlets, and is Busy, Buzzy with Lots of people around...some Guests, some Tourists dropping by for a visit. It's not like a "normal" hotel lobby, as there is little seating available (for those who have checked out, for example, and need to wait before they head out to the airport). Check in to our "Club Room" was Busy, but the attentive staff worked quickly to get Guests into rooms (even though we all were early). W.S. put us in a high room in Tower 3 that is larger than our flat. It was Wonderful...though we did have to change to another room...as we could hear the bass notes from the KuDeTa Club on floor 57 which made sleeping impossible. Too bad we are early to bedders. smile. The next day X.L. changed us from our "temporary overnight room" to a Lovely room high in Tower 2...that once again was Larger than our Flat. With gorgeous views to the city...AND with gorgeous views from the Main Bathroom of "Gardens by the Bay". (plus there was a 2nd toilet...always a Positive for us.) The Club was very busy and was more like a "restaurant" rather than other Clubs we've visited...as there weren't areas of sofas or comfy chairs to relax in. The Staff (thanks Y. and All) were very attentive and kept the bubbly glasses filled...and the "snacks" were plentiful and varied. (Thanks too to K. of IT who "fixed" my computer while I was at the Club.) Breakfast was very enjoyable at "Sky On 57". The Staff "remembered" our order from previous days and were very friendly and attentive. AND the Pool. It is an amazing structure on the top floor....very busy...but with lots of poolside seating and lots of seating up in a tropical garden setting. I found the pool itself a little cold for my taste....but many, many people did enjoy it. The MBS was a Pricey "Treat" for us...perhaps too pricey for too many stays...BUT....we did have Such Fun this time. Many Thanks to all the Staff, from the housekeepers up to the Night Manager who shifted us....for their friendly, helpful, genuine "Service". We WILL return sometime.....

Room Tip: Both side of MBS offer lovely views. The city and Merlion on one side and "Gardens by the Bay&q...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear oftentraveller45,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review here. There is no greater pleasure than receiving kind words from a valued guest and I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am especially glad to learn that our friendly Team Members made an impressive mark on you.

Thank you once again for sharing your positive experiences with us. I certainly look forwaed to welcoming you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Johor, Johor, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed for a night as part of our honeymoon repertoire. We heard so much about this hotel so wanted to try it. Expensive but you would expect that. First impression, like many other travelers, that the hotel was huge and the crowd, hotel guests + visitors, made the lobby look like an airport departure hall. Check-in took longer that we would have liked. Once we got the access cards it was a nightmare getting them to work, the elevators had the speed of a rocket, but only if you manage to get them to read the bloody card.

The rooms were alright, massive bed, and our room was facing the Gardens by the Bay which was quite nice. That night we went up to the Infinity Pool and again were turned off by the crowd and the partying. The Sky Decks were something to behold but the awe lasted no longer than half an hour. For its price the room doesn't come with free breakfast, unless you get a Club Room.

Went up to the Infinity Pool the next morning and it was less crowded. Pool was not heated and it was cold but who goes to MBS and doesn't try out the pool?

The bakery down at the lobby in Tower 3 had excellent pastries at affordable prices with great coffee. What I liked most about the hotel was its vicinity to the Shoppes, a great shopping destination for me because it had many specialty shops, not just high-fashion.

Overall, MBS was so-so for me and I think my biggest problem with it was its sheer size. It lacks the warm hospitality, and that sense of belonging you sometimes get with superior hotels...it's a hit and miss most of the time isn't it?

If you just want to test your fear of heights, just get a day tour to the Sky Deck at 20 dollars per head. No need to stay here. Unless you're dying to try out the pool of course.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nizlaili
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear nizlaili,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I regret to learn about some of the challenges you encountered during your stay with us and I apologize for the inconveniences caused.

Please be assured that we will continuously review ways to fine-tune our processes and services to ensure better efficiency and quality of our service touch points.

I value your patronage and I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future for a more successful experience.
Jakarta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

There is a good view from the roof - but you can see it without staying in this dreadful property. I can think of no reason to stay in this hotel unless you want to use the casino.

Check in utter chaos. You would think you were at the Chinese National Peoples Congress. Very noisy, very unpleasant.

The electrics in the rooms are all messed up. Expect your curtains to open and close at random during the night. There is a balcony but no furniture to sit on it - probably because they don't want guests to see the jumpers who have lost it all on the tables.

Many, many better options in Singapore.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BillM1964,

I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands. Please be assured that we highly value all of your comments and will definitely seek to fine-tune our systems and procedures appropriately. Only with valuable feedback like yours are we able to continuously improve our service quality to provide our guests with a warm and comfortable stay.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands soon.