“Loved it and if you don't then you don't know how to have a good time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #35 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
O'Fallon, Illinois
“Loved it and if you don't then you don't know how to have a good time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

They let me check-in early at around 1pm. Upgraded me for free to a city view room on the 49th floor. Amazing view from up there. The pool was great. Packed during the day but nice and empty at sunrise. Hot tubs were great too with a view of the gardens. The location is as good as it gets. Walk through the hotel and easily get to the casino/mall/subway. Lots of gambling options if you enjoy gambling. I really wish they would open a poker room for Texas Hold'em though. Lots of food options. The light show was wonderful. I didn't watch from the deck since I was taking some beautiful photos of it from across the bay. I also watched it from my room one of the nights which was cool. If all you see in Singapore is this hotel and the stuff around it, it would totally be worth it. Avalon nightclub looked awesome but I didn't check it out since I'm not a real baller and my checkbook has a limit... haha. The room itself was nice and clean. I loved the shower (you'll really need it since Singapore is so humid). I think I took like 3 showers a day... Bed was comfy. The staff was very helpful and nice to me. No problems at all. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else in Singapore because the view every morning from a city view room is just too awesome.

Room Tip: City view is a must.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments here, 325irollin.

I am happy to hear that you had the opportunity to explore what our one-stop destination has to offer during your recent stay with us. I am especially heartened to learn that our Team Members assisted in making your stay a comfortable one.

I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands soon to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,187)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
KL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Travelled with a family of 6 including a 3month old baby. Stayed 2 nights in a connecting room.
The Good - The Skypark was indeed one of a kind, and the views were astounding. The pool was really beautiful overlooking Singapore city. The rooms were clean and housekeeping staff were courteous.

The Bad - Check-in was painfully slow. For the room price, i don't consider this a luxury or 5 star hotel because the rooms and amenities are pretty basic. This is not a child-friendly property. The biggest problem was needing to use the fridge to store expressed breastmilk but i couldn't use the fridge because the fridge in the room were stocked and should you so much as remove the item from the fridge, you will be charged automatically. I asked if there are any solution to my problem, i was told to rent a fridge for SG$20 a day! Because i brought my own icepacks and cooler box, i asked if they could assist to re-freeze my icepacks and the answer was - rent the fridge!
The infinity pool is not for kids who can't swim, and (tube) floats were not allowed for my 7 and 9 year old children. Even a baby floater for my 3month old weren't allowed.
Dining and drinks at the Ku De Ta ( Skypark) were short of expectations given the high price.
Shopping for labels and dining were aplenty at The Shoppes located below the hotel. The food court was clean and nice, offering affordable dining options but taste-wise is debatable. You won't go wrong with crowd instincts - go for stalls with a long que. The Malaysian food stall is recommended.

Marina Bay Sands is indeed a wonderland for adults and not recommended for families with young children.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank QinZir
Dear QinZir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I am concerned to learn about your recent experience at Marina Bay Sands and I would like to request for more information from you for us to review this matter. I have sent you a private message and I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.
Jeju, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel is amazing and well worth the price tag. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we were given $50 to spend in the bar. We were also upgraded to a huge room on the 40th floor with incredible city views. The whole experience was superb, couldn't fault it. The infinity pool alone is worth the stay there - breathtaking!

Room Tip: The higher the better for the view (city view better than sea) - above 33rd floor and you can get th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jlw283
Thank you for your review, jlw283.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Marina Bay Sands soon to experience more of what our property has to offer.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here for my brothers 40th birthday and stayed for a week in a grand club room.
The cost was only slightly more than a standard club room but it was huge and had a lounge and dinning area! The pool is spectacular and has one end that is adults only that is well enforced for those who like a little peace.The club rooms included breakfast which is available on the pool level....57th floor .and this seemed much better than the other options on the ground floor that were extreamly busy although some times there was a short wait for a table Also included was an afternoon high tea and cocktail evening every day ( made you never want to leave the hotel though..haha) . i like to be polite and engage in a little conversation with the staff and found them all to be very nice in return..... amazing what a smile can do ! All our requests were followed up promply an courtiously . we even requested a spare fridge to put drinks etc in so as not to use the mini bar that was delivewd within ten mins.. The shuttle bus was great and runs both ways every half hour. there are also trains and heaps of taxis although at peak times there may be a small queu for cabs.there is also a lazer show in front of the shopping mall that is free twice a night worth watching from both sides of the bay.we had a great experince and nothing bad to say . altough if you are looking for a quiet relaxing place this may not be it as it is busy all the time 24 hrs a day

Room Tip: •"Corner suites are large and sunny an have veiws in both directions"
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review, GavinG64.

We are always excited to be a part of our guests’ special occasions and I am delighted to hear that your brother chose to spend his birthday at Marina Bay Sands! I am also heartened to learn that our friendly Team Members contributed to making your stay a comfortable one.

There is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future for more memorable experiences.
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

It was our first time to travel to Singapore. I booked via their internet website, it was a breeze and got their discounted price.
Upon arrival at Terminal 1 of Changi Airport, we found the complimentary shuttle bus and it left on time even though it was only 3 of us at 8:30 am. The concierge staff are very attentive and we left our bags since we could only check in after 3pm. When we came back after going around, checking in was quick. We stayed in a premium room facing city views with complimentary internet. Only catch is their mini-bar which has a sensor and you will be automatically billed once you move any item. Reception staff at Tower 1 on check in was polite and helpful, however, Tower 3 check out staffs are very busy and hardly smile, maybe due to the sheer volume of guests going out.
The infinity pool was breathtaking, especially when you go to the edge and you are in a very unique spot in the world were the views are spectacular. It was an awesome experience.
The shops and food court are a treat, with plenty choices. Transport was a breeze, taxis are readily available & train station was a few walks away. Almost anything you need is available and no need to go out of your way except for sight seeing. The free 8:30pm Wonder Full Light show was also a feast for the eyes.
All in all, what an experience and it was worth the price for first time visit.

Room Tip: Stay in a city view room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jhonnsky
Dear jhonnsky,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I am happy that you had a pleasant stay with us and had the opportunity to catch Wonder Full, our nightly light and water show.
Whilst I am glad to learn that our Concierge team and Tower 1 Front Desk team were friendly and helpful during your recent stay with us, I regret to learn that our service standards at Hotel Lobby Tower 3 did not match your expectations.

Rest assured that we will continuously review ways to fine-tune our processes and services to ensure better efficiency and quality of our service touch points.

I value your patronage and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I always stay at this hotel when i visit Singapore it's breathtaking, the Suite Room was ok it's Classic luxury style, the view from my room is amazing especially for those who love buildings! The hotel exterior design attract me "VERY CREATIVE" Food + Service is excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your fantastic review, Semon A. I am thrilled that you enjoy your stays at Marina Bay Sands and I look forward to your next visit.
Seremban, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was simply amazed by the whole thing , from the arrival right upto check out, it was simply flawless. From our suite to food to Shoppes, pool to guest services/house keeping, everything was simply wonderfull. Going by the crowd they handle,it was excellent service throughout. I have stayed with the best names in the industry and always found something lacking, but here everything was smooth , perfect and pleasant. Good job guys, worth it !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review, sharmakap.

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us and that our service standards exceeded your expectations.

There is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones back soon!