“If you are not there for the bar, the casino, or the pool”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #37 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Hong Kong, China
“If you are not there for the bar, the casino, or the pool”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you are not there for the bar, the casino, or the pool there are many hotel to choice from.

The room is nice on the high floor, the view is stunning. It is a joy to see the sea shore when you wake up. The breakfast is good. The location is great with shopping mall, casino, and such.

The downs no doubt is the price. I could pay the same and stay in any other hotel in Singapore to get the same service, food and everything only if you are not going to the bar, the casino, and the pool.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,303)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have stayed in MBS many times and the worst I had was last Saturday 10/11/2012.
1. The check-in @ the Paiza was slow and there is a lack of product knowledge of the customer service. Rooms are designed in various layout and the CSO dun seem to know anything
2. Rooms were not ready when we checked in. CSO promised to call when the room is ready but I had to make the call myself instead.
3. @ The Club restaurant, I asked for warm water to make my milk for my hungry baby (due to the delay upon check-in) but hot water was being served instead.
4. Asked again for warm water & took ages for the water to come.
5. My hubby and I ordered our tea. Half an hour passed, asked a waiter and he wanted us to wait patiently. It really boiled us down as the patrons who came later than us, had their tea served already. And to make matter worse, there was NO ONE preparing tea at the tea counter.
We had to ask another waiter AGAIN and we then saw him walking towards the tea counter to prepare our tea.
This is extremely outrageous!
Despite the good service after that, the upfront service had spoiled our stay from the beginning.

Room Tip: city view rooms are more expensive but you don't have to specify for city view. All rooms come w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank bluedolphinmummy
aacortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear bluedolphinmummy,

Thank you for your feedback. I regret to learn about your recent experience at Marina Bay Sands and I would like to request for more information from you for us to review this matter.

I have sent you a private message and I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.
Ningbo, China
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Ok.. I had to admit that due to some negative and mixed revues and comments i read here (especially check-in queues and late availability of rooms) i initially decided to not stay at this property. However and as it was a sunny day, together with my wife and son we decided to try our luck and go there, as soon as the taxi stopped we were greeted by a bell boy who imediatelly handled our luggages, i walkec to reception (it was a monday 12h30 am), and a very kind men (didnt remember his name) imediatelly assisted an be a walk-in guest never seemed to be a problem, he kindly informed about deals available and recomended me the "executive club room" which was a really great deal because included bkfst and club acess at 57th floor for the three if us for only 80 sgd more than the regular room rate. Once i decided to book it, i have then been explained where and how to access all parts of this hotel, and given a map.
My room was a corner room on tower 3 (2014) with a very large nice balcony, views to city and bay, big size very clean, bathtube with city view.
As it was a sunny day we decided to try the swimming pool, after changing elevator on 34th floor we finally reached the 57th floor and the 150 m long infinity pool, WOW effect assured!!!
Nice attention is the free orange flavoured water... Around 2 pm we felt hungry we walked 10 meters to the club lounge, despute being wet, they allowed us to sit outside, i side a nice snack buffet, and all drinks available on request..perfect..being sitted outside also allowed us to look after our son who just didn't wanted to move from the pool...however at little bit later he felt hungry, i go back there and again very well receivec from the staff of the club, he enjoyed the food.
(club lounge also offers cocktail hour from 5pm to 7pm with free flow of champagne)
Next morning bkfst at lounge again nothing to say... Faultless..
Thank you Marina Bay Sands for thice nice experience..,

Room Tip: Definitely boomk the executive club room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear HappyFamilyDoha,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Marina Bay Sands during your recent trip to Singapore. I am delighted that you and your family had the opportunity to spend a sunny day with us by the infinity pool.

I am also glad to learn that our Team Members at The Club contributed to making your stay a warm and comfortable one. I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones back soon for more memorable experiences.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed there for 7 nights in a club room with city views as a Family with two children under 12. The staff are very helpful and pleasant, the girls at the level 57 Sky Lounge were so great, Ruth, Lovly etc. The Pool is great, included meals are a must (as there aren't too many nearby options outside of the hotel), and of course the views are super.
Its easy to get to Sentosa, the Zoo and the "Avatar" gardens by cab for less than $10.00. Any early inconveniences were easily outweighed by the Hotels overall efforts to make our stay so pleasurable.( We had requested a Non smoking Club room with City views and two double beds two months in advance and on the check in were told that the place was full and so we got a smoking room, with one King bed and they wheeled up an additional single bed, they did offer to move us once a suitable room came up but by then we were well settled.
My only "complaint" would be the fridges could be empty in the rooms unless required to be stocked, that way we can keep fresh milk and our own preferred beveridges etc. It took awhile but eventually they emptied one shelf for us! The bus trip each way ( complimentary) is first class.
I would recommend to others and would stay again .

Room Tip: Ask for a minimum of a Club room which for the extra gets you a bigger room plus the Breakfast, Lunc...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
aacortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback here, Darren B.

I am glad that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us and I am especially encouraged to learn that our Team Members contributed to making your stay a comfortable one.

I regret to learn about the inconvenience caused with regards to our mini-bar. Our sensor-operated mini-bar refrigerators have been implemented as a form of billing convenience for mini-bar consumption. Guests are welcome to request for the mini-bar to be cleared, either for self-storage convenience or to avoid unnecessary charges incurred.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope to welcome you and your loved ones back to Marina Bay Sands in the future.
Luxembourg/Europe
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel itself is very good, top service and friendly staff, easy to reach by free shuttle service, great view either bay or city side, great international breakfast - but the roof-pool is definetivly a must !! Never seen something like this befor !!
Maybe a little expensive but but worth every cent !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
aacortes, Senior Vice President, Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Klaus0366, thank you for your kind comments on our service standards. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you had the opportunity to take our complimentary airport shuttle bus service.
I look forward to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This was my second stay and this was better than the first. Rooms were cleaner, service was better. The rate is really high for the level of hotel. Much nicer hotels in singapore for the same rate. You are paying for the convenience of being near the conference, casino, and mall. The bars are open later which was nice. They closed the fuse bar one night for a private function, which made the other bar (Rise) extremely crowded.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear jmorgan22, thank you for your review. I am delighted to know that since your last stay, our service standards have managed to consistently match your expectations.
I look forward to welcome you back to stay at our one-stop destination of dining, restaurants and shopping to experience more of what our property has to offer.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The place is outstanding!! If you in Singapore, just MUST to stay there!! The hotel guests get discounts in the shopping mall. Very easy to come to the hotel from/to airport-shuttle bus services is very good and frequent (every 30 mins)
Most Important to visit the pool on the top of the roof-you will feel like on the edge of the word!

Room Tip: Ask for city vew rooms, you will be amazed.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 367Dalius, thank you for your fantastic review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed our complimentary airport shuttle bus service to and from the airport as well as your time at the Sands SkyPark.
I most certainly look forward to welcome you and your partner back to stay with us at Marina Bay Sands soon.