Marina Bay Sands
$238
$195
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Orchard Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$166
$140
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$181
$156
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$191
$141
$120
$91
24,341 results
All reviewsinfinity poolsky parkcity vieworchid suiteobservation deckrise restaurantbucket listhuge hotelclub roomlight showmarina bayiconic hotelhotel guestsshopping mallsingapore skylinefood courtroom key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2012

To be honest, I am a little conflicted when I write this review. The hotel is beautiful, we had a club room which was nice, with a great view of the city. We used the complimentary shuttle to and from the airport, which was a nice addition and the porter staff were great. Check in was pretty quick, but I often saw long queues throughout my stay.

We opted for the club room, and regularly ate at the club on the 57th floor for breakfast, afternoon tea, and cocktails/canapes - if you intend to use these amenities, then I would recommend paying up for the club room, as drinks in particular, can be quite expensive. The club staff were great, by the end they knew my name and asked us about our plans for the day, what we did, etc. so provided exceptional service. They were a real highlight of the trip.

We went to the Shoppes a few times and the casino once. We enjoyed the food court, they had quite a diversity of food - hawker style - but with higher prices. Some of the restaurants there are open 24 hours if you need a late night food fix. The Shoppes are mostly upscale and when we went, were generally pretty dead.

The pool is gorgeous, it can be quite busy at times, and the security staff seem to enforce the no visitors policy - one room key card for each adult - so make sure each person carries their card up to 57.

My negative experiences all had to do with my reservation. I had prepaid a room for 3 adults directly on the MBS website. At checkin, the clerk attempted to charge me in full again, until I alerted them it was prepaid. Even though I had booked a room for 3 adults and confirmed via separate email that 3 adults had club privileges, I was stopped at one visit to the club indicating only 2 adults were permitted. I had to forward copies of my correspondence/reservation to the staff to get it cleared up. I used the express checkout since we had an early departure and was surprised to note an additional charge on my credit card a few days later. Upon enquiry I was told that it was because my prepayment did not cover the full room rate. Once again I had to resend all of my original correspondence to get it reversed. While the above was very frustrating and annoying, the only good thing I can say is that all problems were rectified quickly and professionally.

We really did enjoy our stay at this hotel, and likely would stay there again, because the location is great, the club service top notch, and the rooms and views are awesome. Hopefully they get all of the bugs out of their reservation/accounting system though.

Room Tip: Club rooms provide good value if you use the daily breakfast, afternoon tea and early evening cocktails/canapes service.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jimbovan
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear jimbovan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. Whilst I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands, I do regret to learn about the challenges you encountered with your reservation.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Too crowded, not enough staff, not relaxing, check in awful . Do not make up room unless you call them (but do not tell you this) Information about facilities only available on TV which is not the most convenient, lift control by very poor card access system when for this modern a building you would expect at least a proximity card system. Staff generally helpful but overwhelmed. Quality and finish of room good but a/c noisy. bed comfortably. Restaurants over priced, house wine only available by glass or magnum. Truly an odd hotel best left to tourists on an overnight deal. I will return to the Mandarin

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank DavidT0001

Dear DavidT0001,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback here. I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

I note your comments on check-in, the key cards and air-conditioning in the guestrooms and have shared your feedback with the relevant departments for their review and appropriate action. The comfort of our product and environment we offer to our valued guest are important to us and I apologize for the inconveniences caused.

It is through feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve in our products and services.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future and regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Amazing design, spellbinding pool/bars on the top, lovely rooms but amazingly let own by check in experience. Arrived jet lagged at reception to be faced with queue at each counter. Then two of the recetionists announced their shift was over and they were going: but there's a huge queue, i said, can you not stay or a few minutes to reduce the queue. No, sorry they said. After protesting i was told i should be checking in at the vip area as i had a club room. Queue there as well. It's amazing how a bad check in experience destroys ones impression of a place. Eventually found someone to do it.

The reality is that it's not really set up for business travellers: it's more of a vegas/ disney place. But definitely worth going to the top for a drink.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Brit98
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Brit98,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I am concerned to learn of your recent experience upon check-in to the Hotel and I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to investigate this matter.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here with my family for 2 nights. The room was simply gorgeous. The view was perfect and the pool was the best I have seen so far. The location was very convenient as the Shoppes and casino are just across the street. Restaurants are all over the place and attractions are also nearby. Truly a 5 star luxury hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the bay and not the gardens. The view is amazing at night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael_Asombrado

Thank you for your lovely review, Michael_Asombrado.

I am thrilled to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. It is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests and I look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones back to Marina Bay Sands soon for more memorable experiences.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We enjoyed a 1 night staycation at MBS in a beautifully furnished high-floor suite that overlooked the city, but I'm sure the regular rooms are as well maintained. Bathroom amenities were lackluster, the Paiza housebrand soaps and shampoos not up to standard for a luxury hotel property. The club rooms and suites have access to the club on the pool level where we enjoyed breakfast, tea and cocktail hour with excellent service. The gym facilities were spanking new and relatively quiet and the hotel offers a range of dining option including reasonably priced in-room dining options. The infinity pool, while packed on a Sunday afternoon was calm on Monday morning so we snuck in some swim-time right before checkout.
As for the cons, the check-in on a Sunday afternoon took an awfully long time before we got our room, 2 hours after the official check-in time of 3 pm. We were promised a late check-out when we got the keycard finally, but it was not reflected on the system the next day when i called reception to confirm. Our late check-out was approved without much fuss, but we had to go down to the lobby again to reactivate the keycard, an inconvenience that can be avoided.
For locals like us on stay-cation, the hotel provides a daily parking rate. However, it was not offered at the check-in counter and we only knew about this through a friend and had to go to the valet stand to purchase a ticket. Again, I would have appreciated if check-in could provide this service, and I'm sure other local guests would too!

Room Tip: Tower 3 supposedly has the largest rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple