“Excellent, definitely worth the hype!”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #36 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Geelong, Australia
“Excellent, definitely worth the hype!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

From the self opening curtains as you walk into your room and gaze at the amazing view to the soaker tub in the wonderfully apoointed bathroom, the Marina Bay does not let you down! The pool fo course has to be seen to be believed. the attached shopping mall, with big name restuarants and even a relatively inexpensive food crout make this a destination in itself! Well worth the cost!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Candice1978
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager, Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Candice1978, thank you for your excellent review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Sands SkyPark and that you had the opportunity to visit The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands during your stay.

I value your patronage and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to stay with us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,310)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Pune, India
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was in Singapore for a couple of days to visit my friends; they took me for a show at the theatre at Marina Bay Sands. The theatre is as grand as the hotel. Kept very clean n tidy (I am a cleanliness freak) I like the fact that it is attached to the mall and food court. As i was not enjoying the show, I spent most of my time at the refreshment area. The staff was very attentive but what blew me away was the thoughtfulness of one of the female staff member who approached me to ask if everything was fine with me as she was observing me spending my time outside the theatre rather than inside. She took time to explain me about the MBS (as they call it). I really liked that she was very genuine in her approach, a bit rare to find such people nowadays. Unfortunate that I don’t remember her name :( Keep up the service MBS

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear travel-j0hn, thank you for your positive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your show at the Theaters at Marina Bay Sands.

I am especially encouraged to learn that our service standards exceeded your expectations.
It is through valuable feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve our service standards to achieve higher levels of service excellence.
I look forward to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of what our property has to offer.
qc phils
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

My first time in Sg and was booked at MBS for a conference... Searched thru Trip Advisor and was surprised it wasn't in the top 10 altho most of my friends said it's a fantastic hotel... just had to experience it myself.
The structure itself is amazing... There are three towers and their infinity pool is situated on the top floor where you can get a breathtaking view of the metropolis. You shouldn't miss swimming there for the experience... it can get crowded though, so you have to choose the time. The pool area is exclusive for guests only.
The rooms are clean, modern, with the basic amenities... Not much to rave about nor complain about.
Breakfast is the usual buffet type, with adequate selections...but nothing out of the ordinary.
The next good thing is the mall adjoining the hotel... There is a food court which serves asian food, some sports shops and branded labels like gucci, prada, etc... There is a big Louis Vuitton store ( which is the flagship store in Sg)..
There is a theater and a museum ( with discounted rates for hotel guests)... Fortunately, was able to squeeze in the andy warhol exhibit and Annie the musicale at that time.
It is also adjacent to gardens by the bay, which unfortunately, i didnt have enough time to visit...
The convention center is just a building across, so you can actually just walk towards the site.
Accessibility is no problem... There is also a connecting area to MRT stations... So visiting orchard road is no problem.
Overall, my first visit to Sg was wonderful, and MBS did not disappoint. Probably one of their drawbacks is that the place is always full, so the lobbies ( for each tower) are all crowded and busy. The atmosphere becomes less relaxing..
Oh by the way, was also able to have dinner over the Singapore flier during sunset -- great experience and photo opportunity!
The Universal Studios is rather small compared to their US counterpart, so if you've been to hollywood, you can skip that tour...

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank travelbufmom
Thank you for sharing your comments here, travelbufmom.
I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you had the opportunity to visit Rasapura Masters and the Louis Vuitton Island Maison at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands.
I look forward to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future, to visit Gardens by the Bay and to experience more of our one-stop destination.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed with two young children who are loud and mobile, but the hotel is set up perfectly for families. The hotel is BIG, almost feels like you are in Vegas. Restaurants, pools, common spaces are large and varied, so there is plenty of space for all different types of travellers. I noticed plenty of couples and business people as well.

Concierge did a great job in suggesting restaurants (not the usual touristy places) and arranging for transportation to places further away from the city center.

Breakfast buffet is tremendous in terms of options and quality.

I would definitely stay at the hotel again with my family or even on a business trip.

Room Tip: Inner bay facing rooms have a better view, though ocean view rooms are nice too. Before you get t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear DanHongKong, thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you and your loved ones enjoyed your stay with us.
I am also happy to note that our Team Members from the Concierge Department assisted to ensure that you had a warm and comfortable stay.
I most certainly look forward to welcome you and your loved ones back to stay with us for more once-in-a-lifetime visits.
Sydney NSW Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, and it was very spacious and luxurious. The marble bathroom and full size bath were very plush. The room itself was also spacious and very comfortable.
Our breakfast was extra and fairly expensive, if you don't eat a huge breakfast. It was just under $45 which was a lot to pay for fruit and yoghurt. We cottoned on to this early and ordered room service for breakfast which was a la carte and better value for us. It was brought into the room on a little trolley and set up in the room for you. I enjoyed that far more than going down, as it was really busy, having to line up for a table.
The pool as many other reviewers have mentioned is very special, and you must visit it if you are staying at the hotel.
The gym complex is also very nice, on check out we left our bags at the hotel, and returned to use the gym facilities to shower and freshen up before our flight home.
We were situated in the second tower and on the last night it was a little noisy due the band playing loudly in a bar below and some noisy hotel guests.
The train was easy to get from the hotel, although having to change at Promenade station was a little annoying.
The train system however is very efficient and fast, and once your get the hang of it, it is very convenient, cheap and easy to use.
All in all it was a very comfortable stay and a fabulous way to end a wonderful trip.

Room Tip: Choose a location away from the bars as the noise travels.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager-Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Hokeypokeysue, thank you for your delightful review. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you enjoyed your room amenities.
I am glad that you had the opportunity to visit the Banyan Tree Fitness Club and that you were able to travel conveniently to and from Marina Bay Sands from BayFront MRT Station.
I look forward to welcome you and your partner back to stay with us at Marina Bay Sands to experience more of what our property has to offer.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 29, 2012

MBS lived up to its name of being a 5 star hotel, with its 5 star services. From the reservations up to the check in and hotel room and amneties, it was simply wonderful! Mum and I enjoyed our stay, and the view was simply amazing. What really did it for us, was the service. Hotel staff was always courteous, helpful and friendly. I was delighted to see a birthday cake compliments of MBS upon returning from shopping. A hotel can have many plus points, such as location, view, great rooms, delicious food, like MBS does, but what holds it all together like glue, is the SERVICE. For that i give it 5 star! :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went to Singapore MBS for 3 nights to celebrate our anniversary. It was the perfect vacation in the perfect place. Don't miss an evening next to the sky pool on 57 floor. It can't get more romantic than that. The art and science museum attached to MBS and the Marina Bay gardens are a must see as well. It is not cheep but a great value for money.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a city view. In one can afford, the Junior Suites have views to both sides of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear omerlaviv, thank you for sharing your positive comments here. I am happy to hear that you and your partner chose to spend your wedding anniversary during your recent stay.
I am glad that you had the opportunity to visit ArtScience Museum as well as Gardens by the Bay.
I look forward to welcome you and your partner back to stay with us for more memorable once-in-a-lifetime stays.