“Views views views”

Ranked #37 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“Views views views”
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

U go to this place for the views , not from your room - the pool area . Sensational . I don't believe I have ever stayed anywhere quite as spectacular . A real jaw dropper . The rooms are ok , tipical 5 star stuff , nothing to get excited about and not cheap for what u get & they charge for EVERYTHING !!! Watch out for the sensor motion detector in the mini bar  never seen that before .

• Stayed February 2012
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Ian788, thank you for your delightful review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the amazing views of the Singapore skyline during your time at the Sands SkyPark.
I look forward to your next visit at Marina Bay Sands for more successful stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,303)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed her in September during the Grand Prix, excellent room on 42 floor - Huge with lovely views of the bay. Very clean and great service as you would expect. The pool on level 57 is amazing and great service at the bar up there too.

We stayed for our anniversary and the hotel was lovely and gave us a room upgrade and late checkout as well as a lovely suprise in our room. It was great!

Very strict about rules of how many guests you can have and having your card with you all the time which was slightly annoyingbut understandably they need to restrict hotel guests from the public.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SydneyKrisB
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review, SydneyKrisB.

I am thrilled to hear that you had the opportunity to stay with us during the recent Singapore Grand Prix as well as to celebrate your anniversary. We are always excited to be a part of our guests’ special occasions and I am glad that our Team Members contributed to making your stay a memorable one.

I look forward to welcoming you and your loved one back to Marina Bay Sands in the future!
Hong Kong
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed in many hotels in Singapore (business and leisure) and it is only my first time to write a review. I stayed in Marina Bay Sands for 2 nights and paid HK$6,500 (not including breakfast). I would expect something better. We checked in a non-smoking floor and the room was full of smell of cigarette. The safe deposit box could not be locked and and we called 3 times and needed to stay in the room to wait for the technician to fix it but still not able to get it fixed. The slippers, shampoo & conditioners looked like something from a 3 stars hotel. The Infinity pool enjoys good view, but it was full of people all day long.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SianCS N
Thank you for your feedback, SianCS.

I am concerned to learn about your recent experience at Marina Bay Sands and I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to review the comments you have shared here.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights. We were given a room overlooking the bay. The rooms were very basic with nothing much special.

The lifts are badly maintained with a stench, the security system on the lifts can't seem to be read the keycards well so we spent most of our time going up and down the lifts when our floor passed. You have to change lifts at 34 floor if you are on the lower floors and I witnessed other guests (European, Korean, Chinese, Japanese) all trying to get to their desired floors after going up and down haplessly with the lifts.

The famed infinity pool was great with the exception that you walk past hoards of tourists and diners to get to the pool. The pool area nearest to the lifts were adults only when they should be designating the far end as that . They expect families to walk past the adult only pool and young children to navigate the crowds to get to the far end ! It was a Monday night and still the pool was crowded. The floors were wet and the changing rooms were a shocker. The ladies changing room had 2 toilets and 2 showers. There was a queue ! Not only that, the horrid garbage stench pervaded the lower floor where all the rest rooms were. The guys' changing room only had one shower so my husband had to share it with our boys!
To top it off, the handle down door catches of the ladies toilet were broken and left unfixed. This was not all! The toilet flush button While changing, 2 attempts were made to push the door to the cubicle open. I could not stop that as well, the locks were broken ! was working but the cover had dropped off and some smarty pants had used black electrical tape to tape the flush panel back. Together with the stench, you wonder why the hotel can't get their act together to maintain what was built and showcased to the world!
Perhaps that's how it is when you have a casino there, first looks mask the rotten core.

It became apparent to me that the staff morale was lacking. The staff who walked by did not greet guests. Neither do they let you out of the lift first. On 2 lift rides, I had the bellboy expect us to wait for them to wheel their luggage trolley out before we make our way out of the lift!

Unlikely I will ever go there or recommend anyone stay there. Some things , like most vices, are better left admired afar.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your feedback, lucidbabe.

I am concerned to learn about your recent experience at Marina Bay Sands and I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to investigate the details of your review.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

As a couple we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in August 2012.

The pros:

Great location for all attractions.
Large pool area.
Fantastic views from pool area and observation deck.
Great choice of breakfast
Excellent transport links from the hotel to all areas of Singapore.
Great atmopshere at night in bar area.
Very ultra modern hotel.
Shopping mall and its restaurants nearby - cheaper food!

The negatives:

Poor front desk service at busy times.
Very poor service at the pool area for drinks, food, etc.
No personal feel at the hotel.
Restaurants in the hotel pricey.

We would stay at this hotel again for its great location and its fantastic views from the pool.

Room Tip: High floor rooms facing the river.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your review, Nisha B.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us earlier in August. However, I do regret to learn that our service standards at the Front Desk and SkyPark did not match your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the respective department heads for their improvement.

I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands soon for a more comfortable experience.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have spent only one night in this hotel and I have to say that it's really only about the infinity pool. the view is amazing from there and I suggest to go at the sunset as well, it's a cool experience.
For the rest I wouldn't really consider it a luxury hotel. The reception is more like an airport check in. The room is nice and clean, but I booked a room for 3 people and we had to wait to get the third bed which was like a camp bed making the room very small.
there is a big shopping center with luxury shops and also a very good food mall with good price/quality meals.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thailand
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was visiting Singapore last week and happen to drop by Marina Bay Sands.

During the night i was at the Casino gaming Area and i happen to play Bacarrat with 1 of their staff by the name of Leong Aik.
It was a very memorable experience playing with him as he always carry with him a beautiful smile and greets all the in coming players.
Despite the busy business he was having, he always try his best to maintain his professionalism.
I had a little chat with him and was told he was only less than half a year working and I'm very surprise with the kind of service he was able to give.

After coming back to my country, i still have a unforgettable memories with him and i will definitely come back to Marina Bay Sands.
Thank you for making a memorable experience for me and my family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us, Chayanita.

I am glad to hear that our Team Member, Leong Aik, made your visit to Marina Bay Sands a memorable one. It is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests and I certainly hope to welcome you and your family back soon.