“WOW!”

Ranked #38 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
Melbourne, Australia
“WOW!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

When we saw pictures of this place we had to stay at this hotel it was brand new and everything about it was amazing. The pool is a man made marvel, incredible views. Rooms are excellent, service is excellent, staff are excellent. Give this place a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view room incredible views.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Foti_40
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Foti_40,

Thank you for your wonderful review and kind compliments on our Team Members. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us last year and I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,337)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

A new experience for anyone who has not been here but too crowded for relaxation! Still new & clean but expensive for room & foods! My room at 41st Floor has good sea & garden view. I would like to personally thank you to the cleaner by the name of Yu Xuan who has done a good job to make my room clean & presentable for my 3 nights stay. Thank you again.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your review, Hanifflai.

I sincerely appreciate your kind comments on our Team Member, Yu Xuan, for contributing to making your stay a comfortable one.

As a result of your kind compliments, we are delighted to present Yu Xuan with a Grazie Award, a Marina Bay Sands Rewards and Recognition initiative we have for our Team Members, to celebrate their success in creating Magnificent experiences for our valued guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Hong kong
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Booked the hotel trough Booking.com for 2 nights, received even an upgrade with great view to the botanic garden. The room was big but had several problems; dust and dirt behind the night table and a incredibly loud air-condition. Although the hotel is new, the furniture had lots of spots and locked as being used for years. But the worst was to come! Breakfast, I went to the buffet, got some rice and other food. Back on my table I discovered a long black hair sticking in the rice. I was shocked, showed it to the service personnel but besides an assurance from one of the managers that they would investigate how this was possible, nothing else was done. Well, they don’t have to investigate; it is just a lack of hygiene. Of course I refused to pay for the food as I did not eat at all, I could not, I was sick to the stomach. Then go a call from the company in HK, asking me to return immediately, so I checked out at 11:00 but the front desk manager refused to refund the second night which payment was guaranteed by booking.com. I found this service poor and not adequate, especially considering the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank meinrad f
Dear meinrad f,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I am concerned to learn about your recent experience at Marina Bay Sands and I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to review the details you have articulated here.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 5, 2012

What could be a sensational hotel with the pool area and bar on the top floor, turns out be a bad experience due to extremely poor service - I wont be staying there again.

I have stayed twice and nothing has improved in the year between. There is not enough staff at checkin or checkout - 2 people serving on each occasion for each tower. So the process is slow. if you use the express checkout where your bill is supposed to be emailed to you, be prepared to wait over 2 weeks, even though you have prompted MBS with emails and phone calls. Wait for the deafening silence when they cant explain why they charged you $250 too much.

Ask for a non smoking room and then see what you get! Ask for a foam pillow, follow up with two requests - well it might come one day. Try to find a place to have a drink and snack after a late night flight arrival (12:30 into Changi) - better leave the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for Marina Bay side not the side facing the sea.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Bill A
Dear Bill A,

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed for 2nights in an Orchid Suite. It was so big it could have easily been 5 or 6 rooms in Europe. We purely wanted to check things out -the view especially and were not let down in any way.

We arrived early (about 2) however they were very honest and said our room would not be available until 4 - slight disappointment but were we're sent to "the Club" for afternoon tea while we waited. Just after 4 our room was ready and due to the wait we were offered an extra hour late checkout (nice thought but were needed to be out by 6am for our connecting flight)

The chocolate buffet was decadent. The staff were also very helpful as I have a nut allergy and the chef went around explaining to the head waiter what I could and could not eat. I could then ask him at any stage. Thank you

We had a meal at the Punjabi Grill and they were beyond accommodating. My husband adores Indian food so in we went. Unfortunately there was nothing on the menu that did not have nuts so it was decided that I would munch on some bread and have room service later in the evening. They lovely manager was not happy with this and created the most amazing entree and main course specifically for me. Such a lot of effort and a lovely gesture. Highly recommend this establishment. The food is amazing and nowhere else would a restaurant create new dishes just for someone who can' t eat their menu. Well not in Australia anyway.

As we needed to leave by 6am we would miss breakfast which was included as part of the suite, but the lovely team in the VIP lounge organised a packed breakfast for us delivered to our door. A lovely gesture and a great breakfast - pastries, apple, yoghurt and juice.

Yes I was disappointed with the late check in but once in the room I do not have any problems with the service or the room. My only disappointment is that we were not there longer to check out all the things on offer.

Oh we'll maybe next time!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: City views were what we prefer.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mel L
aacortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Mel L,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you and your partner had an enjoyable stay in one of our Orchid Suites and that our service standards matched your expectations. I am also glad that you enjoyed your dining experience at Punjab Grill at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands.

Service is a priority for us and service excellence is a continuous journey that each of our Team Members embark on with pride and dedication.

I value your patronage and I look forward to welcome you and your partner back to stay with us to experience more of what we have to offer at our one-stop destination of entertainment, shopping and dining.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at the Marina Bay Sands in September 2012, over the F1 weekend. The hotel itself is immpecable with the service and rooms 5 star. we visited Ku De Ta which was in full party mode thanks to the F1, I would like to go back on a 'normal' weekend to enjoy it at a slower pace.

The Marina Bay Shoppes are nothing short of amazing. This was my first trip to Singapore and the centre was really impressive. A great range of restaurants and bars too. You must visit 'Cut by Wolfgang Puk' in the MBS shops if you love a great cocktail.

One gripe is that check-in and check-out were excruciatingly slow, this is understandable as there was 1000's of people staying over this weekend, but there seems to be a lot of double handling, signing numerous forms etc that could be more streamlined.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Minxiecat,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to know that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us during the F1 Grand Prix weekend and I am especially encouraged by your positive comments on our service standards.

I am glad that you enjoyed the selection of handcrafted cocktails at CUT by Wolfgang Puck, one of our Celebrity Chef restaurants at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands.

We are continuously looking at ways to improve the check-in and check-out processes, particularly during peak periods and weekends, and implemented initiatives such as adding counters for check-in in various areas of the lobby and reviewing the systems for improvement.

I look forward to welcome you and your friends back to stay with us at Marina Bay Sands in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My kids just love it, especially the pool...even though it was not a big as I expect..but still it was nice to swim in the sky... The room is spacious, big enough for my family (2A+2C). The staff is helpful when I do the check in and out..
Love to come back again..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear ThexaWest,

I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us as well as your time at the Sands SkyPark and I am glad that our Team Members’ service standards contributed to making your stay a warm and comfortable one.

I look forward to welcome you and your loved ones back to Marina Bay Sands to experience more of what our property has to offer.