“No need to leave this hotel..”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #37 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Newcastle, Australia
“No need to leave this hotel..”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at the Marina Bay Sands in September 2012, over the F1 weekend. The hotel itself is immpecable with the service and rooms 5 star. we visited Ku De Ta which was in full party mode thanks to the F1, I would like to go back on a 'normal' weekend to enjoy it at a slower pace.

The Marina Bay Shoppes are nothing short of amazing. This was my first trip to Singapore and the centre was really impressive. A great range of restaurants and bars too. You must visit 'Cut by Wolfgang Puk' in the MBS shops if you love a great cocktail.

One gripe is that check-in and check-out were excruciatingly slow, this is understandable as there was 1000's of people staying over this weekend, but there seems to be a lot of double handling, signing numerous forms etc that could be more streamlined.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
aacortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Minxiecat,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to know that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us during the F1 Grand Prix weekend and I am especially encouraged by your positive comments on our service standards.

I am glad that you enjoyed the selection of handcrafted cocktails at CUT by Wolfgang Puck, one of our Celebrity Chef restaurants at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands.

We are continuously looking at ways to improve the check-in and check-out processes, particularly during peak periods and weekends, and implemented initiatives such as adding counters for check-in in various areas of the lobby and reviewing the systems for improvement.

I look forward to welcome you and your friends back to stay with us at Marina Bay Sands in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,306)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My kids just love it, especially the pool...even though it was not a big as I expect..but still it was nice to swim in the sky... The room is spacious, big enough for my family (2A+2C). The staff is helpful when I do the check in and out..
Love to come back again..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear ThexaWest,

I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us as well as your time at the Sands SkyPark and I am glad that our Team Members’ service standards contributed to making your stay a warm and comfortable one.

I look forward to welcome you and your loved ones back to Marina Bay Sands to experience more of what our property has to offer.
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Yes, this hotel is expensive, there is no denying that fact. But for a night or two it is worth the splurge. Checkin was easy, we had to wait no more than 5-6 minutes and they apologized and were handing out bottles of water and towels while we waited. We were able to check into a non-smoking room early at noon with no hassle. It is a very safe and controlled environment with needing a key to enter a specific floor in the elevator. We had a Premier room on the 35th floor that overlooked the garden. The privacy is incredible and the room is very spacious. The bathroom was very nice with a full tub and walk in shower. There is also free internet, you only have to enter your room number at the prompt, but no charge.

The room was very clean and smelled fresh. The bed was very comfortable. My wife and I both woke up saying we had the best night's sleep in quite a while (and we travel and must stay in hotels quite often).

And one of the reasons to stay there, is the access to Skypark and the world-famous infinity pool on the rooftop (57th floor). The pool area is exclusive to hotel guests. My recommendation is to try and check in early and hit the pool early. By 5pm it was starting to get too crowded for my taste. But the views are absolutely amazing and offer once in a lifetime photo opportunities. We were also able to get lounge chairs right next to the water. We went up again after dinner to check it out at night and it was a different experience. Too crowded and there were lots of "particles" in the water. I couldn't tell what they were, but they were very obvious with the pool lights on. The lifeguards and security did a nice job, as there were some younger male guests that were intoxicated and causing some disturbance.

We ate one snack at the pool (truffle fries were amazing!) but main meals were at the shopping area downstairs at the celebrity restaurantes. I would guess the meals at the hotel would measure up to the snack we had which was very good quality.

Our checkout was very quick and easy. We were allowed to check out one hour later at noon instead of the usual 11am. We appreciated this and they did it even though the hotel was fully booked. Although an express service is offered, we opted for regular check out and it took less than 5-6 minutes again. I have heard bad reviews about the amount of time required to check in and out, but we experience nothing like that at all and we stayed on days when the hotel was fully booked.

I have nothing bad at all to say about our experience. It is pricey, but for my wife and I, we really enjoyed our experience there and would recommend it to a couple who wants to splurge.

Room Tip: When going to the infinity pool, go early to avoid the crowds. Also, go down to the street level to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
aacortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear untdrum99,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here. I am delighted to hear that you and your wife had an enjoyable stay with us during your recent visit to Singapore. It is always a pleasure for us to receive kind words from our valued guests.

I note your feedback on the pool water during your stay and have shared this with our SkyPark management team for their review. I would like to assure you that Marina Bay Sands has stringent cleaning standards and conducts regular quality checks for various parts of our property, facilities and services. The comfort of our product and environment we offer to our guests are important to us.

Thank you again for your review. I hope to welcome you and your loved one back to Marina Bay Sands in the future to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great hotel good service.
very slow and poor check in and check out process.
Be careful you could miss your flight due to a very slow check out and long queues.
we did on line check in so that to speed our check in process but they still made us queue and it took over 40 min to register. It took over 30 min to check out. We arrived at 3 pm and our room was still not ready.
The room was suppose to be non smoking but there was a strong cigaret smell.
once we complained they replaced our room with another one which was bigger and in higher floor with no smell. However it was not ready until 6pm.
They offered to us to use the first room to refresh and rest until the second room is ready.

Room Tip: High floors have better view. Club rooms have breakfast included and you have the option of using c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, 992STEVE_99.

I regret to learn about your less-than-satisfactory check-in process, and sincerely apologize for the service delay experienced. We are continuously looking at ways to improve the check-in and check-out processes, particularly during peak periods and weekends.

Please be assured that we will continuously review ways to fine-tune our processes and services to ensure better efficiency and quality of our service touch points. I value your patronage, and look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just back from a 4 night stay with my wife and son and my second time there this year. No getting away from it the Skypark is the attraction and it is remarkable. Ku De Ta is a cool place for a drink, the pool is great fun with remarkable views (though very crowded at weekends). We love sitting in the jacuzzi on the opposite side to the pool overlooking the harbour. We upgraded to Club for this weekend and the Club lounge also on this level is among the best I have ever seen with free flow champagne and good wines as well as great food in the evening cocktails.
The casino and shops are an attraction depending on your taste and the variety of eating outlets is impressive - recommend Osteria Mozza - good food and not pretentious.
Our room was large and with a City view which was nice (the harbour view is fine too) but functional in terms of decor and fitting - could do a better job here.

However:
- check in continues to be a mess (many others have commented similarly and they are right - just wish the MBS management would take note). There are plenty of desks just not enough people.
- no concierge after 11pm. Really? In a hotel of 2500 rooms if you need a concierge after 11pm you are out of luck. Even when they are on duty there are just 2 which often means a queue
- the key cards often don't work in lifts which just undermines the quality of the place

This place is not cheap but worth a visit. If the management really cared they could take this place up a notch with some small investments in people and process - the basics are there for a great visitor experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dave M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay in one of our Club Rooms.

However, I do regret to learn about some of the challenges you encountered which may have marred your otherwise pleasant experience. With regards to our check-in process, please be assured that we are continuously looking at ways to improve the check-in and check-out processes, particularly during peak periods and weekends.

Only with valuable feedback like yours are we able to continuously improve our service quality to provide our guests with a warm and comfortable stay. I hope to welcome you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon for a more successful experience.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is the best in Singapore. Anyone should invest on booking at this hotel because you will have the time of your lives. The infinity pool is amazing and has one of the best views of Singapore. The hotel is also situated 10 minutes from the central shopping district and there are also shopping malls beneath the hotel but they are rather expensive. Marina Bay Sands also has other falicities which are fantastic, the gym also has great views of the city. When selecting what room you want, there is no big differene between deluxe and premier so if you want a slighty bigger room with better rooms and service than choose the premier but anyroom will do at this 5 star hotel. In all, this hotel is very convenient and excellent. You should definately consider staying at MBS as it will be the best choice in Singapore.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Annie X
Thank you for your wonderful review, Annie C.

I am excited to hear that you and your family had a great vacation at Marina Bay Sands and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer to our valued guests.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

i found this to be a amazing hotel and experience i went for 6 days for 2012 fi arrived from perth
7.00 in morning 19th sept went to book in rms not available until 3pm that's cool they have to clean rooms etc other 2 travelers didn't arrive untill 11,20 pm took shuttle bus to airport and back
to easy
i think a lot of people think staying in a top quality hotel the expect everthing on a platter
whats happened to the old fashioned manners id oped a door for staff take time out to talk to them etc etc makes life so easy and staff enjoy it instesd of waking past with a grunt
i thank you and will return

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your positive comments. I am delighted to hear that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay and I most certainly look forward to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.