“Expensive for what it is - but worth a try” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #33 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Brisbane, Australia
“Expensive for what it is - but worth a try”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Overall not too bad, but you're paying for the great views and access to the Infinity pool more than anything. The rooms are pretty standard hotel rooms and nothing special, but were comfortable and well maintained. Check in and check out was efficient, we were also given early access to our room which was great.

The pool itself is worth the trip, at least to tick it off your 'to do' list. We had an excellent fternoon with the friendly poolside drinks service and enjoying the views over Singapore. Take your camera and sunscreen up there with you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
aacortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your review, Dan H.

I am glad to hear that you and your friends had a great time at the Sands SkyPark. I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,135)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The suites at Marina Bay Sands is beyond expectations. The infinity pool on the 57th floor gives you a fantastic view of the city. the hotel staff is always with a smile. Marina Bay Sands should be your hotel of choice when in Singapore.

Dear davehwan,

I am thrilled to hear that your stay at Marina Bay Sands exceeded your expectations and that our Team Members contributed to making your stay a warm and comfortable one.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future for more memorable experiences.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I just got back from a 2 night stay at this hotel. It was my birthday so I wanted to treat myself and I have heard a lot about how fantastic this resort was.

I checked in on a Friday at about noon and there were tons of people checking in and out. My check in procedures was quite fast and was given room 1313 of Tower 3. Once I got to the room, I was expecting a luxurious room but unfortunately the room furnishings looked old and dated.

My room had a balcony facing the Gardens by the Bay. I notice that the balcony was about three-quarters the size of the room. Personally, I found that a waste of space, they should have made the room bigger and the balcony smaller. There was also no sitting area in the balcony. For the room rates they are charging, they should at least have one lounge chair out on the balcony.

As mentioned earlier, the room furnishings looked old and dated, there were also white scuff marks on the TV console and some pen markings on the far right TV console drawers. Also, as I flipped through the complimentary stationery, I noticed the 2 postcards had stuff written on it ( I guessed from the previous guest), so I just threw them in the dustbin.

I tried to use the bedside table cordless phone but it seemed to be out of order. Also, the flashlight in the closed was also not working. But no worries, there was still a working phone on the desk and I did not need a flashlight anyway, so I did not bother reporting it to the maintenance department.

One of this resort’s main attractions is the sky park and the infinity pool on it. As I stayed on the 13th floor, I had to take the lift to the 34th floor and transfer to the 57th skypark floor. The view from the skypark was breathtaking but that’s about it. The swimming pool is perpetually crowded, even at 9.30 pm! The swimming pool felt like a public swimming pool on a Saturday afternoon. Being such a huge hotel, with three towers of hotel rooms, they should have built a bigger swimming pool.

Another attraction of the resort was the shopping mall attached to it. It was really huge! I got lost quite a few times! While I was shopping one morning, I decided to sign up for the Sands Rewards Card but the concierge told me to come back at 1 p.m. as the Sands Rewards Counter only opens at 1 p.m. I found that quite odd, as the shoppes open at about 10.30 a.m., shouldn’t the Sands Rewards Counter also open at about the same time to make it more attractive to shop at the shoppes?

I also noticed that after spending billions of dollars to build this resort, the hotel room key card is not the contactless version. Quite often, I and also other hotel guests have to insert their room key card twice in the lift slot before they can get their destination floor button to stay lit.

On the day I checked out of the hotel, I tried to view my hotel bill on the room’s TV but after 10 minutes of ‘requesting billing review, please wait…’ nothing happened so I gave up.

This hotel is not a bad hotel but its not great either, but after all the hype, billions dollars spent and the room rates they are charging, I was expecting a much better hotel experience.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank travelonholiday
Dear travelonholiday,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I am disappointed to learn about the challenges you encountered during your recent stay with us which may have marred your otherwise pleasant experience.

I note your comments on the quality of the guestroom furnishings, your experience at our Sands Rewards counter and with our television check-out system. I have shared your feedback with the relevant department heads for their review and appropriate action.

Please be assured that we will continuously review ways to fine-tune our processes and services to ensure better efficiency and quality of our service touch points. I value your patronage, and look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon for a more successful experience.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at MBS during the Singapore F1, we had a real problem on arrival as the room we were given still had the guests in it! the guests left and we used the room phone to call recpetion, wow.. what a hassle, trying to explain to them that we couldn't stay in the room as it had not been serviced. Meanwhile a guest services agent was attending to some other guests and he enquired if we needed help, William James Louis was promptly on the phone to reception and organised for another room to be issued to us, he then ensured our luggage was brought to our new room, he was a massive help and relief to us. After this hiccu,p we throroughly enjoyed our stay here, enjoying the F1 practice sessions and the use of MBS guest room to freshen up prior to trip to Airport was also a great feature! Will definately recommed MBS to others.

Room Tip: End rooms in tower 1 gave a great view of F1
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter V,

I apologize for the service shortfall you experienced upon check-in. It is never our intention to cause our guests any unnecessary inconvenience.

Nevertheless, I am glad to learn that the rest of your stay with us was an enjoyable one. Thank you for recommending Marina Bay Sands and I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to stay with us again in the near future.
Kuala Lumpur
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was staying in this hotel from 28-30th Sept. A friend of mine who is a member of Paiza helped me to book, therefore prior arriving i have only a ref number and no idea which tower i was going to check in. Once i have arrived in my cab, someone indeed came to help me with the baggage The guy asked me which tower i was going check-in, i told him could you hang on while i go to the concierge. After i got my check in information, i went back to look for him, but i couldn't find and to my horror my bag was left outside the glass door without anyone attended to it. So i have to get my baggage and pass it to another

Since my booking was made by a Paiza member, i was privileged to check in via the VIP lounge, you would thought you might could skipped the long que compared to the normal check in counter, but let me assure you that at the VIP lounge , you will still need to que .. the lounge itself is pathetically small.

The room is nothing special, although it's pretty huge and decent but i belived any of the five star hotel could provide similar or better room.

The pool itself is very big, spectacular view, very crowded like some kinda water park, with public gawking around, i have even seen an old man sleeping on the sun deck without proper swimming attire.. totally lack of exclusivity and privacy.

I got lost my way and confused when i check out. I thought i have to go to VIP lounge again but someone directed me to the tower 1 and when i reached tower 1 another staff directed me to line up with the check in line instead, then i got to know only check out lane was at another side when i overheard the same staff gave the check out direction to a couple.

After i was done with my check out procedures, i told the staff i would like my baggage to keep at the concierge. he said.. ok bring it to the opposite side.. i was huh?? what? i have to carry it over by myself??

Overall, i feel paying 400 SGD per night for this hotel is totally not worth it.. lack of privacy, i don't feel warmth staying here, in every lift entrance there is a lady staff stationed whom doesn't even bother to say good morning or even smile at you when you walked pass...

The lobby is like some kinda wet market.. lots lots of ppl standing and sitting around. doesnt even have a proper sofa.. oh yeah.. as a hotel guest, be prepared to line up with the public for a long taxi que.. not to mention the traffic at the entrance is a BIG BIG MESS!!! despite some staff were placed to control it.. it 's still a MESS!

I wouldn't expect so much if this hotel only cost me 100 per night.. if you can afford such price, please go elsewhere for a better stay experience as you can always go to MBS to enjoy other facilities like casino , shopping mall n etc..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank irmavep23
Dear irmavep23,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I am concerned to learn about your recent experience at Marina Bay Sands and I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to review the details you have articulated here.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have recently stayed at Marina Bay Sands for the first time. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and efficient. We arrived (after an overnight flight) at 7am in the morning and checked in - we were assuming that we wouldn't have access to our room until about 2pm that afternoon, however upon checking in we were told that we could have access to our room immediately (at no extra charge) and that we were being upgraded to a King Suite on the 51st floor. The hotel itself is specatular and the pool is amazing! We thought that everything work like clock work - check in and out was efficient, as was the seating at the buffet breakfast in the morning, the rooom service and the service at the pool. Think this hotel is a must stay for anyone travelling to Singapore - we will definately stay there again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
aacortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review, Amanda C.

It is a pleasure to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay at Marina Bay Sands and I am especially delighted that our Team Members’ friendly disposition made your stay a more comfortable one.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great views all day and night. Be sure to get to the top of the Marina Bay Sands for the view. You can do this a few different ways. I did it view the SkyPark which is a S$20 ticket. There is also a bar / restaurant at the other end of the top. A large pool area takes up the middle of the roof of the hotel and is only for guests. Another nice thing to see is the laser light show at night. Be sure to have a good view of the Sands hotel for it. there is also a mall at the base of the Sands that has a good food court in it.