“Cool Infinity pool with scenic city scape view”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #35 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Makati, Philippines
“Cool Infinity pool with scenic city scape view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Location:. Near to Merlion icon at the bay, some museums and Lau Pa Sat hawker center and 10- 15 mins away from the subway station. Few minutes from the airport, they have free shuttle bus service for their hotel guests located at the coach bay. Tip: print booking and show it to the driver to be accommodated.
Exterior: This hotel is an icon for luxury and quite famous. Visitors come to make picture with it. Free access to longest outdoor infinity pool (in the world) and observation deck to view skyscrapers and city landscapes.
Interior: Very beautiful, a combination of oriental art and modern architecture. Ground floor offers variety of restaurants, and boutiques. It’s understated, you have to come and see for yourself to appreciate it.
Front Desk: The receptionist are well verse in English and polite. We experienced problems checking in as the rooms were still not available when we arrived. We arrived an hour past the check-in time and yet we waited for another 2 hours to be accommodated (we note the time on purpose). There’s no lounge area where we can sit to wait, so the receptionist give us access key to Museum of Arts, and the fee is discounted.
Room: The size of the room is in medium size (not too big). The ceiling is not so high too contrary to what I expected. The bed, as to my shock is quite small, good for Asian adults but not for large western adults. We have a ceiling-to-floor size window overlooking the landscapes which is very nice. There’s complimentary bottled water and premium teas. The fridge full of goodies is quite amazing because when you pick out any items in it, it will automatically charge to your bill (as the bell boy instructed us) and you can also check your current bill at the huge flatscreen TV. Browsing the TV stations is limited to 4 or 6 channels only. But who cares watching TV while on tour? There are two set of toiletries at the bathroom, very clean and fresh smelling huge towels and bath robes, good thing its size is for western people.
Other amenities: Outdoor infinity pool is a must try and amazing experience, you can see the landscapes while swimming. There are clean towels available at the pool, complete with life guards, speaking English. The pool is not too deep, good for family with children to enjoy with. It’s also very nice to go swimming at night to see the city lights below. Don’t expect that you can enjoy the serenity of the night as there’s a bar resto beside the pool. Observation deck is a must visit too, both free for hotel guest. Check it out during the day and night as it’s definitely a different experience. Get yourself a pampering massage after a tiring whole day at the hotel spa.
Thumbs-down-note: Exhausted from travelling and felt sticky all over, we want to rest and take a shower but unfortunately we waited for two hours to be accommodated and when finally accommodated our luggage was an hour late too before it was delivered. The room table has writings in it, very ugly and looks dirty, probably previous guests with child played with ball pen and draw into it. For an expensive and luxury hotel like this, we expected too much and can’t believe these short comings.
Thumbs-up-note: The amenities are quite an experience with polite staff. Sleep is good in quality. Near to posh restaurants as well as to hawker center for their low price traditional Singaporean food. It’s expensive hotel, I may visit again in the future but will not stay for too long.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank catbearkiss
aacortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear catbearkiss,

I am disappointed to learn about the delay you experienced upon check-in to Marina Bay Sands.

I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to look into the feedback you have shared here.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,183)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was with my family and after reading tons of great reviews about the skypark, we expected the least for someone to help us with ordering snacks. We had 2 kids with us who were eager to go swimming despite they haven't taken their lunch yet. We asked at check in at 3pm if they served food and she said yes so we thought of ordering food for the kids at the pool.
Very angrily writing this as I still feel very sour about this experience. It was overcrowded, couldn't find a place to place our stuff and nobody to assist us. We finally found a chair far from pool on the other side near the disgusting jacuzzi as it looked filthy. Not wanting to spoil the holiday, the kids went swimming and had tasked me to order some fries and sandwhiches for them quickly as they were starving.
I tried looking for someone for a good 10mins and there was no one. Walked to the centre and asked if they were staff fromF&B and they said yes but declined to take my order as she snobbishly said she is from the club and not from pool. How the hell am I suppose to know.
Walked to a person wearing yellow and asked, she then told me she is very busy and will get back to me, she asked where I was seated and told her. Waited 15mins and no one came. My kids came out after half hr and still no food. I then walked again to another guy in white and asked, supposingly the supervisor as he was scolding his team in yellow attire. He was so arrogant when I told him that I have waited for half hr and nobody came. He stared at me angrily and mentioned that everyone else is also waiting! Can't you see? This pissed me off and I argued with him how is that my problem and he lowered his tone and told me that it is busy and he is very short of staff and now only has part timers working who is not experienced. I feel for him but honestly, how is that a paying guest problem where we pay lots of money to put up with this. He finally took our order and it came within 20mins. By then, my kids were tired from swimming and waiting for the food.
Nobody presented the bill so I was assuming they wil charge it to my room as they had my room number upon ordering. On my walk out, a lady shouted at me saying I haven't pay yet. The crowd looked at me like I was some criminal. This was the last straw for me. I didn't want to get into a heated argument so I walked off. She continued chasing and shouting, sir, sir you have not pay. You must pay before you leave otherwise I will get into trouble.
I stopped and told her nicely that it is not my problem that you have so many issues but to put the blame on guests is just so wrong. She said sorry and ran off.

Hotel is nice and great view, no doubt about it but don't go to the pool on fri-sun as it is a nightmare. Check in was fine for me but I saw many other guests shouting at staff that their room is not ready at 7pm. Lucky for me I didn't get that. Spent 3 nites there overall was good except the pool food service and check in. My advice is don't go there on peak seasons if u don't want to be disappointed.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Davy L
Dear Davy L,

I am disappointed to learn about your experience at the Sands SkyPark during your recent visit to Marina Bay Sands.

I would like to request for more information from you for our SkyPark management team to look into the feedback you have shared here.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The hotel room was great. It has very sweet view during night time where you can see a few landmark building in Singapore. My family liked it due to its location, next to the casino and plenty of shopping outlet. For those who wanna visit Singapore casino, this is the place i'd recommend. However, the swimming pool was overcrowded. Nothing special to mention about. The food was great too. Take the MRT (Bayfront station) you can basically go everywhere you like. Make sure you have the map with you or the MRT staff is helpful enough to help most of the tourist.Plenty of taxi is available just in front of the hotel main entrance.Transportation is very convenient at reasonable price. If you are vegetarian, try the food at Jin Shan, the Chinese Restauant at Marina Bay Sands Hotel. They have a great fine dine vegetarian menu, of course you gonna pay 'fine dine' price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, FairyMantra.

I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed you recent stay with us, especially the spectacular views of the Singapore skyline from your room.

Service is a priority to us and we are continuously looking at ways to improve our service and product standards for the comfort of all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here in June 2012in a city view room. The view from the room was spectacular, particularly at night. However the service was poor considering the exorbitant rate. Nothing great about the room. The sky park felt dirty and was loud. Not a place to relax and there needs to be more control on the access for general public to allow guest paying the high rate for use of the facilities to relax. Service staff were not helpful, we got sent to 2 different locations to exchange money and checkin was a slow process with no order. The shoppes were great and are well worth a day trip. For the price you are better off spending your money to stay somewhere else in Singapore and saving your cash for the shopping!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrBally12
Thank you for your feedback, MrBally12.

I regret to learn that you did not fully enjoy your stay at Marina Bay Sands.

The comfort of our product and environment we offer to our valued guest are important to us and I would like to assure you that Marina Bay Sands has stringent cleaning standards and conducts regular quality checks for various parts of our property, facilities and services.

I also note your feedback on the service shortfalls that you experienced. Service is a priority to us and we are continuously reviewing guest feedback to ensure that we fine tune our processes regularly.

I hope to be able to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for a more successful stay.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We just had a baby and decided to have a short break in SPore instead of travelling out of the country. Indeed it was a wonderful experience. No doubt the hotel is crowded due to many rooms but we still managed to enjoy the facilities of the roof top pool and the Banyan Tree gym. The equipment in the gym are great, and I had a sunrise yoga session with the most amazing views of the Marina reservoir and the Gardens by the Bay. Definitely worth the money !

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing the Marina Barrage and the Gardens by the Bay. As the bar fridge is very sen...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights. The hotel room was good. The view from the room and the pool was absolutely wonderful. However I felt the hotel was over crowded. U would love the hotel for its looks but doesnt give you a feel of 5star hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall a good experience

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, Rajuk1979.

I am happy to hear that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us and that our friendly Team Members made an impressive mark on you.

We do indeed have a large number of visitors who wish to experience the excitement of Marina Bay Sands for themselves and we are continuously reviewing ways to best manage the crowds on property for the comfort of our guests.

I look forward to welcome you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I was so excited about the pool nothing else. It looks so cool as there's nothing like this pool in the world.

The price was ok so the service was also just ok, the room service was nothing better than any other similar level of hotels in Asia. It was business trip so company paid for all expenses just hope next time my company could pay some more. Actually the room size n the toilet with no bath was a bit disappoiting but as my room was not one of top class rooms in the hotel I didn't expect too much, it was ok with the price anyway. Too many ppl in the lobby was not a good first impression, feels like I was in the middle of country side Asian market n had to wait for about thirty minutes to check in.

The pool was so nice more than I expected especially early in the morning when there's not many ppl in the pool, also was nice to take a photo at night with the great city view, was fantastic!

Moreover, it was so nice that they kept my luggage and let me stay at the guest room even after I checked out on my last day till late evening. I went out for shopping n came back to hotel guest room in the evening, took a shower and had a rest there for flight at night, it was so cool n comfortable and as I didn't expect such service, now I remember that would be the most impressive customer service I had at marina sands bay hotel.

So overall it's not that great but was good enough!! I want to come back and stay in the better room with more pay next time! Love Marina bay sands~~ xoxo

• Stayed June 2012
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback here, dodo0406.

I am happy to hear that you particularly enjoyed your time at the SkyPark infinity pool during your stay at Marina Bay Sands. I am also glad to learn that our service standards exceeded your expectations.

Rest assured that we are continuously looking at ways to better manage the crowds on property for the comfort of our guests.

I hope to welcome you back soon to experience more of what Marina Bay Sands has to offer.