“Luxury coming in large packets”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #40 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed June 29, 2012

One of the best Hotels i have stayed in and regret being there for such a short trip. One of the expensive but Luxury Hotels with classy rooms. Casino is pretty nice as well. But the best part is the sky garden and swimming pool on the 58th Floor connected from Tower 1 till 3 - Huge !!

A must stay in case you are in Singapore :)

Room Tip: Try for the hoghest floor with Balcony..... See Singapore with the birds eye...
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your review, NishantMaskara.

I am glad that you had a great stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy the SkyPark infinity pool.

I hope to welcome you and your family back soon, hopefully for a longer stay, on your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The view we had from our room was spectacular. That's the only wow factor I had during my stay here with my husband and 2 kids.We just stayed for 1 night just to get an experience of this hotel.
We arrived at 10 a.m in the hotel, no body helped us with the luggage when our taxi stopped. I was dissapointed with this class of hotel.
When we checked in we were given a resting room that was shared with other 4 people and card to the skypark, which was a very good initiative.
We had a 2 super single beds in the room, the bed was too small. Big enough for me and 1 child, but in comparison with another hotel I stayed in which is lower in class with MBS, their bed was more decent.
The bathroom was huge, had the bath tub, shower and two sinks. Very convinient.
Everything was good upon checking in and during our stay. The breakfast was also good - the bread butter puding was the best!
The famous swimming pool was OK. Maybe because it's soooo crowded with people, we couldn't enjoy it fully.
The bell capten system was not the good, no clear queing, but we had a very helpful bell capten.
Other good features are: MRT station is very near just around the corner, we had discounts in watching exhibitions because we stayed here and near to river cruise terminal if you're planning to go.
The hotel's location is a bit distant from other places, so we would just go to the MBS mall. To go to other places you would switch 2-3 time MRT lanes, which was a bit of hassle.
All in all, the room is great, but not really excited on the atmosphere of it and not appreciating the absence of bell captain upon arrival. It's not a must stay hotel for me, you can still have great views from other hotels in Singapore.

3  Thank AlyaHarris

Dear AlyaHarris,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experiences of your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands.

I am disappointed to learn that you experienced challenges with your luggage upon arrival to the hotel. I have conveyed your feedback to our Guest Services department heads for their review and appropriate action. I am glad to hear that one of our Bell Service Team Members assisted you with your needs.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We continue to be receptive to guest feedback, identify gaps and refine our processes to ensure that our guests have a warm and comfortable stay with us.

I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for a more successful stays.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Normally Singapore is just a stopover, this time we decided to make it a holiday. Great location, with fantastic staff. For a resort of this size, I was amazed that the ever so friendly staff try and remember your name and even what you order for breakfast. Upper level rooms are spacious with great views across water to the city. The pool has room for everyone and we didn't have to search for a chair beside the pool each day. Pay a few dollars more and take advantage of club facilities ...I would be surprised if anyone can challenge the value at other 5 star locations. Keep up the standard and I'm sure we will be back more than once.

Innes, Australia

Room Tip: Spend the few extra dollars for deluxe room with city views, club facility and bed /breakfast option...

Dear Bruce I,

I am delighted to hear that you visited Singapore for a holiday and I am especially glad that you chose to stay at Marina Bay Sands.

I sincerely appreciate your heartwarming compliments on our Team Members. It is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences everyday for our valued guests and I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future for more memorable experiences.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Mega Hotel with a MEGA lobby. More like a train station. Actually I think the Marina Bay Sands' architects took their inspirations from the modern Chinese School of Railway station design. Anyway, completely lacking all personality and frigid. The rooms are quite standard, nothing special at all. Cigarette butts decorate the flower beds of your balcony. The pool is nice. The waiters are rude. Never going back.

3  Thank Miran_Ali
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, Miran_Ali.

I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. The details you have shared in your review are not consistent with the high service and product standards we wish to adhere to at Marina Bay Sands.

Rest assured that I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping and F&B department heads for their attention and appropriate action.

I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands in the future and regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here for 2 days. Its a fantastic hotel. Its got everything starting from Casino to spa and a beautiful Infinity pool. Though not a very friendly staff in that sense. The wait in front desk to check in is much longer then expected definitely needs to improve on this. Lastly the brakefast spread is really nice. The view from the room is beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CKB2662
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We got a Room Deluxe with City View , everything was ok. The room was very big , very clean , when we order something in few minutes was the bell boy at the door. The swimming pool at 57 floor is one of the most attraction frrom the hotel, better go there in the morning , good light to take picture and not so many people. If you are smokers take a smokers room , we stayed in the Tower 3 ( No smoking ) and we have always to go outside from the hotel to smoke. The corner for smokers outside could be better situated , it is near the service entrance , no possibility to sit or others. When you pay so much money for a room the could build a smpkers lounge or something better than the place outside.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaurizioI
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel is a must visit for anyone visiting Singapore. Our room was spectacular on 42nd floor. The views were just amazing!

However, we did not like the check-in time. We arrived at 12 noon but they were willing to check us in early. They had a sign that said 3:00 p.m. check-in which I thought was quite troublesome. Because of this, the lobby was extremely crowded, some people waiting to check-in and some to check-out.

Please make sure you go the roof top pool. When you swim in that pool with a drink in your hand, all that trouble is just worth it. It is by far one of the best pools I have ever seen!

Don't go for the service but for the experience!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank shikhasf
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for your review, shikhasf.

I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the spectacular views of the Singapore skyline from your room. With regards to your comment on check-in, our standard check-in time is from 3:00pm onwards, however, we do our best to accommodate early check-in when we have rooms available.

I value your patronage and hope that you will choose to stay at Marina Bay Sands again in the future.