“Are you kiddin' me!”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #40 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Seriously! This hotel was unreal. There are 3 towers and they bend in weird angles. What a sight. And then there is the legendary swimming pool at the top that looks like noah's ark. There is an adult only pool, but it always difficult to control some adults from bringing their children there. The spa was the best part of my stay. it is operated by banyan tree. I have stayed at the banyan tree in bintan before and they easily provide the best service in asia. Try the royal banyan treatment. It was amazing. The best part is that the spa rooms are on the 55th floor and you have the most amazing views.

Room Tip: Choose the premier room. The deluxe room which was the cheapest on their website does not have a bat...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Manjeeth S, thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and particularly enjoyed your time at the Banyan Tree Spa with its amazing views.

We do indeed have an adults-only pool and I have shared your feedback with our SkyPark management team to ensure that our hotel guests are advised on this accordingly.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands on your next visit to Singapore.

Write a ReviewReviews (23,175)

Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband, kids and i felt so much at home staying in the club room. We would be greeted by name every single morning as we went for breakfast on the pol area. The waitress there really hit it off with my son and my son would be so excited everyday to speak with the phillipino waitress. Our room was facing the sea and it was a great wayto wake up with lots of morning sun shining into the room. The one thing that was a little inconvenient was that the curtain controls were near the wall, almost concealed by the curtains themselves. It would be much more convenient if the controls were at the bedside like every other hotel has now days.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear Matilda Y, I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Club Rooms as well as your time at SkyPark. It is always a pleasure to hear that our Team Members succeeded in providing a memorable experience for our valued guests.

With regards to your comment on the curtain controls, please be assured that we have shared it with our Facilities Department for their review.

Once again I appreciate your feedback and I hope that you and your family will be back to stay with us at Marina Bay Sands soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I had heard about how good this hotel was from friends and the reviews on TA are usually very positive overall, but like all hotels it comes down to the individuals own experience. I have to agree with the positive reviews and recommendations of friends, the Sands is an excellent hotel.

My room was very clean and well appointed with a very comfortable bed and large TV. The bathroom was also clean and well designed with everything a 5 star hotel should have.

The staff I encountered we all very friendly and willing to assist whenever required and room service was good and prompt.

I can't fault it for service and comfort and it is a very impressive hotel.

Room Tip: I booked through the phone reservation which was much easier than having to traverse their complicat...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Natalie C

Dear Natalie C, thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your room amenities. We are delighted to hear that our Team Members succeeded in achieving our goal to provide magnificent experiences for each and every one of our guests’ visits.

I look forward to your next visit at Marina Bay Sands for our one-stop destination of entertainment, shopping and dining!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights before travelling to Sydney and it was wonderful. The staff are extremely helpful and polite and really want to make your stay enjoyable. The hotel is very clean and the roof top pool and bar is like a calm relaxing oasis. The views from the room and the hotel location was also great and very convenient. If we go back to Singapore we would def stay here again.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review, Steven C. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I sincerely appreciate your kind compliments on our friendly Team Members.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of what our destination has to offer.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

The Marina Bay sands is hugely over-rated. The place is enormous and therefore enormously over-crowded. The rooftop pool is a huge attraction, but forget about those pictures that show it near empty. At no point did I see it anything less than rammed! It's a great pool yes, and for obvious reasons guests flock to it. Because of that it feels about as relaxing and pleasant as a public swimming pool. That was hugely disappointing.

The hotel is all bling and glitz which is fine, but if you want a true 5 star experience this hotel cannot offer you that.

Room Tip: If you spend the money to stay here get a room with a city view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Simon J

Dear Simon J, thank you for sharing your comments with us. I regret to hear that you experienced challenges during your recent stay that may have marred your otherwise pleasant visit.

With regards to crowd management, please be assured that we are continuously reviewing our processes for improvement and assessing how best to manage crowds, especially during peak occupancy periods.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future and regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Marina bay sands Singapore. The service was impeccable!!!! The staff went above and beyond to cater for our needs and were so friendly. Best we have received anywhere. The rooms are presented beautifully and are lovely and clean but the view oh the view. It is breathtaking !!!!! Location wise it was great. Nice and close to Raffles, Orchard Rd, Esplanade, singapore Flyer, River tours and bus tours. Highly recommended. Only the raffles hotel comes close.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ranjith F

Dear Ranjith F, thank you for your wonderful review and kind compliments on our Team Members. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room stay as well as the breathtaking views from your room.

I look forward to your next visit at our one-stop destination, perhaps for the opening of Gardens by the Bay in June this year!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

My wife and I had three nights in this Hotel/Casino complex, before departing Singapore on a cruise ship. We expected exceptional quality and class and were not disappointed. Our room was in Tower 3, and very spacious. Well appointed, and discreetly serviced. We loved the infinity pool complex on the roof of the Hotel, also the shopping complex across the road where the Casino and theatre can also be found. We were surprised to find Wicked was in season, and were able to attend on our middle night, with very good seat selection. Most enjoyable show.
Sure this Hotel is expensive but its value for money, we thought.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor, from memory - very adequate. Our view was overlooking the (new) Chinese...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear magic006, I am thrilled to hear that you had the opportunity to experience the multi-dimensional offerings that we have to offer to our valued guests.

I am also happy to hear that our service standards matched your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future!